Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Seaworld is actually closer for us and a lot easier to get to since we’re on the eastern side. We do Disney way more than Seaworld but I only have one friend with Disney passes while the rest all do seaworld

I bet it is location based! I can't imagine driving all the way to SeaWorld from my house - once I get to Disney I want off I-4 😂 But if we were on the other side, we might consider Univ or Sea World.

Since you're a local maybe you can explain why many are choosing Universal and SeaWorld over WDW. I seen someone post how locals are talking more about SeaWorlds new coaster than Tron.
My guess is like some earlier posters hinted at is that up until recently WDW had put a pin on AP sales so people purchased UO & SW passes prior to WDW resuming which leads into all the FL resident deals being promoted I would expect June/July WDW crowds to uptick

I bet it is location based! I can't imagine driving all the way to SeaWorld from my house - once I get to Disney I want off I-4 😂 But if we were on the other side, we might consider Univ or Sea World.
It’s a pain getting on I-4 to get to Disney. Sometimes we go around if there’s an accident but that’s not always better lol

Then explain why wait times and crowds are packed at SeaWorld and Universal and WDW is quiet this weekend?

This was last evening at MK. When was the last time anyone seen it this empty on a long weekend?
I wasn’t there yesterday, and I don't know what what times were throughout the day, but that is clearly right before a parade. There is a CM in the background directing people to move off the road, and there are people in the foreground hurrying across. There is another CM with back to camera who serves as a barrier as well. You can see crowds lining Main Street if you zoom in a bit. Touring Plans listed yesterday as a 5, and by comparison last year on May 27 was also listed as a 5 as was May 27 of 2019, so it doesn’t seem like crowds are drastically down from years past for this particular holiday.

Last edited:
I wasn’t there yesterday, and I don't know what what times were throughout the day, but that is clearly right before a parade. There is a CM in the background directing people to move off the road, and there are people in the foreground hurrying across. There is another CM with back to camera who serves as a barrier as well. You can see crowds lining Main Street if you zoom in a bit.
Either way it should be more crowded than that. It's a long weekend and the parks should be slammed.

https://queue-times.com/parks/6/calendar

Using that site when you compare Islands of Adventure to Magic Kingdom yesterday Universal was packed and MK was quiet.

Thanks for making these threads, they’re my go-to for Disney news! :flower1:

Wondering what prices will be like when reservations for next year open up . . . it’s nice to think they might be lower due to the current dip in demand, but I suppose Disney has more sophisticated algorithms than that!

Thanks for making these threads, they’re my go-to for Disney news! :flower1:

Wondering what prices will be like when reservations for next year open up . . . it’s nice to think they might be lower due to the current dip in demand, but I suppose Disney has more sophisticated algorithms than that!
I know that with DVC pricing they've established a policy of never reducing base prices, just changing the incentives to raise or lower the actual price paid. I wouldn't be surprised if that were their hotel rate setting policy as well. So maybe prices for 2024 will be lower - "get your early-booking discount now!"

I know that with DVC pricing they've established a policy of never reducing base prices, just changing the incentives to raise or lower the actual price paid. I wouldn't be surprised if that were their hotel rate setting policy as well. So maybe prices for 2024 will be lower - "get your early-booking discount now!"

An early booking discount would be fabulous! Guess we’ll find out soon!

Either way it should be more crowded than that. It's a long weekend and the parks should be slammed.

https://queue-times.com/parks/6/calendar

Using that site when you compare Islands of Adventure to Magic Kingdom yesterday Universal was packed and MK was quiet.

Universal also has the buy 1 get 2 free day park to park ticket for Florida residents. Seeing that schools just got out makes this last weekend a big celebration weekend. Though today was a bit shorter waits still more than wdw.

Thank you to whomever got the thread unlocked, and presumably cleaned up. I guess maybe reporting inappropriate posts may help to get them removed sooner and not get the thread locked. I thought I was just going to have leave the boards. This is the thread I look at the most, besides the VDH DVC ones, of course, since we just bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter