Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Antonio, could speak to and work with animals. Have a dark ride hosted by him through his room in the Casita.

View attachment 792372
Cinderella had her posse of mice, doesn't mean the movie gets and entire land and rides. Puppies are huge part of 101 Dalmatians, doesn't mean it fits in AK. And honestly I barely remember this kid in the movie. Disney is losing it's way if it can't come up with solid additions to a park with an underlying mission/theme. Lazy lazy lazy!

Just wait, the discussion has already hit the web as to why Encanto was delegated to AK and I think Disney really needs to step outside the box and look at their choices from the outside.

And they "announced" last D23 Encanto to Magic Kingdom. At this point most of this "in the future" announcing is 🤥

Cinderella had her posse of mice, doesn't mean the movie gets and entire land and rides. Puppies are huge part of 101 Dalmatians, doesn't mean it fits in AK. And honestly I barely remember this kid in the movie. Disney is losing it's way if it can't come up with solid additions to a park with an underlying mission/theme. Lazy lazy lazy!

Just wait, the discussion has already hit the web as to why Encanto was delegated to AK and I think Disney really needs to step outside the box and look at their choices from the outside.

And they "announced" last D23 Encanto to Magic Kingdom. At this point most of this "in the future" announcing is 🤥
I don't know. It fits a lot better to have Encanto and Coco in Animal Kingdom where you can really theme it like they've done with Africa and Asia. I feel like this was a move to maybe save the area behind Big Thunder for a full on Villains land.

This is definitely better than shoe-horning in Zootopia.

I don't know. It fits a lot better to have Encanto and Coco in Animal Kingdom where you can really theme it like they've done with Africa and Asia. I feel like this was a move to maybe save the area behind Big Thunder for a full on Villains land.

I disagree.

Encanto has no fit in AK, move it to EPCOT as a Colombia pavilion. It would be a great addition representing South America.

Zootopia is ANIMALS. I agree it doesn't belong there but at least it has one of the two connections to the parks mission.

And while I am all about Villain land and doing everything to get it - they announced last year the three IPs in MK, so they had to have a plan on where.

Ahsoka will be coming to Star Tours! #DestinationD23
The Dis
They teased mandalorian scenes either at last D23 or SW celebration I won’t believe this till I see it
Asha from the animated movie Wish will be coming to EPCOT, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris.
I wonder where in the park?
A lot of Muppets in this panel, wonder why :D
It was such a felt tease just to hype up figments start date and manipulate us since figment & gonzo are the same performer
Country Bear Jamboree to have new songs and a new act

View attachment 792343
IMG_8396.gif
I did not have reimagining of Country Bears on my bingo card.
See above thought
Journey of Water will open October 16

Moana will also have a dedicated meet and greet
Will they keep her DAK meet? Bring back a permanent Pocahontas meet in DAK again? Nick and Judy?

or will it be like 4 for moana you go moana and none for you Pocahontas and Merida goodbye

Disney announces a new iteration of Test Track is coming to EPCOT. No timeline given.

View attachment 792341

Scott Gustin
At first I was why test track 3.0 vs bringing a spaceship earth redo back to the table or imagination or figuring out what to do with wonders of life but than I realized Chevrolet was footing the bill
Zootopia now coming as a show for Tree of Life
Interesting…definitely better than my anxiety trigger… also I wonder if any elements of this new show were part of the initial Zootopia inclusions planned with play pavilion
Dinoland to possibly be reimagined to Tropical Americas, featuring authentic experiences from Central and South America

Included teases of “We Don’t Talk about Bruno” and Indiana Jones

View attachment 792346View attachment 792347View attachment 792348

View attachment 792359
This is definitely a better possibility than Zootopia/Moana imho and I’ve been on a soapbox pretty much preaching this regional theme with Indy/Encanto/up inclusion for a year
I don’t mind these announcements except that several seem to involve retheming rides vs net additions. In the time they are down for retheme (which will be long) that actually reduces park capacity… I wish more new things were being added.
Agree so many dead mall spaces that need tlc

I’m not being snarky. But, I honestly don’t understand why ppl get so mad about this. It’s better than an empty lot.

Yeah they have Africa, Asia & can add South America.

Yeah they have Africa, Asia & can add South America.
Coco is in Mexico though which is why they're saying this is a tropical land. I think they could just call it something like Latin America. Sure it breaks up the continuity of this being contents but Dinoland broke that a long time ago.

Coco is in Mexico though which is why they're saying this is a tropical land. I think they could just call it something like Latin America. Sure it breaks up the continuity of this being contents but Dinoland broke that a long time ago.
PER DISNEY - New experiences inspired by Encanto—the award-winning Walt Disney Animation
Studios film—and the beloved adventurer Indiana Jones are being considered for the
reimagined land
at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

I did not watch live and trying to find video but I can't find anywhere that says Coco is included. Can someone link me to any direct info that Coco will be there.

Dinoland was a style most didn't like BUT it was about DINOSAURS aka animals. 🦖🦕

PER DISNEY - New experiences inspired by Encanto—the award-winning Walt Disney Animation
Studios film—and the beloved adventurer Indiana Jones are being considered for the
reimagined land
at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

I did not watch live and trying to find video but I can't find anywhere that says Coco is included. Can someone link me to any direct info that Coco will be there.

Dinoland was a style most didn't like BUT it was about DINOSAURS aka animals. 🦖🦕
No mention of Coco. They first announced Zootopia coming to Tree of Life Theater. Then that Dinoland would become a land inspired by Tropical Americas. They then teased Encanto and Indiana Jones with the band but said nothing concrete on the land's attractions, just the land's theme. :D

I’ll be honest, after they put a completely fictional place in AK and made it work I give them a lot more leniency for whatever they have planned for that open area.
If you mean Pandora (which I wasn't excited about either) it is about conservation. It is about protecting the land from damaging activities. It is about protection of animals and resources.

This is what Disney says is the mission behind Animal Kingdom ...

The idea behind Disney's Animal Kingdom was to have a place where we could celebrate the magic of nature, invigorate conservation efforts by caring for animals that were endangered in the wild, and educate guests on ways they could help support that mission.

Disney Parks AK

Sorry. I guess I miss read the picture as a combo of both Coco and Encanto. The picture shows what looks like a dark ride building on the right which I thought was for Coco since the courtyard looked like something from that film.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter