Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

How does the Regal Eagle work for grabbing the FARTS dining package for the Broadway performances? Not seeing this offered in WDW dining reservation system now. Does this mean it's booked up or if I do a walk up there, do I just use my receipt as my seat reservation for the shows? Naïve question I know, but wondering how this dining plan works using Regal Eagle?? I already have Le Cellier but that price went up to $95 so now looking for other plans. TIA!

How does the Regal Eagle work for grabbing the FARTS dining package for the Broadway performances? Not seeing this offered in WDW dining reservation system now. Does this mean it's booked up or if I do a walk up there, do I just use my receipt as my seat reservation for the shows? Naïve question I know, but wondering how this dining plan works using Regal Eagle?? I already have Le Cellier but that price went up to $95 so now looking for other plans. TIA!
Regal Eagle is a same day walk up package.

You have to order at a register and say you want the package it can not be ordered through mobile order.

My family member's phone is also a medical device that provides the data to administer medication and assess medical statistics. The phone needs to be "on" your body to work.

Cargo pants with Velcro pockets flaps for the win!

I'm thinking they're not going to frisk people getting on Tron, so a phone (other other loose stuff) secured in one's pocket seems doable.
I wear the bike shorts with the tight side pocket for my phone, only thing is at US yes they provide lockers but then you have to go through a metal detector (Hulk) then the whole phone in the pocket won't work... I want to keep my phone on me because of LL and Genie+, also keep in touch with my adult children that will be doing other things. Will Tron have metal detectors?

I wear the bike shorts with the tight side pocket for my phone, only thing is at US yes they provide lockers but then you have to go through a metal detector (Hulk) then the whole phone in the pocket won't work... I want to keep my phone on me because of LL and Genie+, also keep in touch with my adult children that will be doing other things. Will Tron have metal detectors?
Unkown

I doubt it but I would like to see it. I have seen and heard enough stories of phones hitting people on coasters that they should not be allowed at all.

Extra Performances of Fantasmic Added in Mid-February
After running an off-season schedulethrough February 12th, Disney World will add a second performance of Fantasmic starting February 13th. Currently, Fantasmic only runs a second show on busier days on the following schedule:

• Tuesday – Friday: 8pm
  • Saturday – Monday: 8pm, 9:30pm
Starting February 13th, a second show will be performed on each day of the week.

Park Hours Extended at Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom in February 2023
Disney World has updated its park hours to reflect extensions at three of its four theme parks in February 2023. Here are the changes:

Magic Kingdom

• February 2, 8, 13, 16, 20: Park hours extended 8am to 10pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • January 29-30, February 1, 3-7, 9-12, 14-15, 17-19, 21-25: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • February 20-25: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9:30pm (previously 8:30am to 9pm)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• January 29, February 3, 5, 10, 12, 16: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • February 4, 11, 17-25: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)

I doubt it but I would like to see it. I have seen and heard enough stories of phones hitting people on coasters that they should not be allowed at all.
Once when we were on a coaster at Hershey Park a phone flew out of someone’s pocket as we were going down a big hill and my teenage son caught it. It was amazing and the person was so grateful. I always knew he was part-Ninja…

Sorry. I had to laugh. Love the FARTS abbreviation. Yes, I am a twelve year old :rotfl2:

a phone flew out of someone’s pocket as we were going down a big hill and my teenage son caught it.
I had my phone in the breast pocket of my coat, and had forgotten to zip it up on the Thunderbolt at Six Flags New England. I saw it pop up and out on a drop, and managed to snatch it out of the air. Dad reflexes!

The joke was on me, though, because I also lost the keys to my rental car at some point during the day, and had to call a locksmith.

Park Hours Extended at Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom in February 2023
Disney World has updated its park hours to reflect extensions at three of its four theme parks in February 2023. Here are the changes:

Magic Kingdom

• February 2, 8, 13, 16, 20: Park hours extended 8am to 10pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • January 29-30, February 1, 3-7, 9-12, 14-15, 17-19, 21-25: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • February 20-25: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9:30pm (previously 8:30am to 9pm)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• January 29, February 3, 5, 10, 12, 16: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • February 4, 11, 17-25: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)

Great news for me, we're going mid February!

Good Morning!
monday-morning-memes.png

Work Begins on Pacific Wharf’s Change to San Fransokyo at Disney California Adventure
Fellow Disney Insider, Scott Gustinconfirmed the news, which started out as rumors early in the day, on his Twitter feed. “Construction has officially started on reimagining Pacific Wharf in Disney California Adventure Park to San Fransokyo from “Big Hero 6.” The reimagining was first announced at D23 Expo. The lagoon is being drained today to allow for work to begin, Disneyland officials confirmed.”

Any word as to when this is planned to be completed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter