• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Should be fun to see this continue to develop…

Cast Member Union Says Disney World Refused To Add Even One Cent to Wage Proposal

Today the 6 unions of the Service Trades Council met with Disney for the first time since 13,650 Cast Members voted to reject Disney’s contract proposal on February 2 and 3.

Despite the overwhelming message sent by Cast Members, Disney refused to add even one cent to its wage proposal. Moreover, Disney’s proposal today reduced retroactive pay for thousands of workers, making today’s proposal even worse than the offer already rejected.

The 6 unions will be announcing public actions soon to bring light to the plight of Cast Members struggling to survive the devastating increase in the cost of living.

Last edited:
Good morning to all and good luck to everyone looking out for TRON previews!
giphy.gif

Disney Vacation Club Announces $3-Per-Point Price Increase on Purchasing One Time Use Points
Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,

We’re reaching out with an important Member update regarding one-time-use (OTU) Vacation Points. Effective, February 16, 2023, the price of (OTU) Vacation Points will increase from $19 per point to $22 per point. This program gives Members the opportunity to purchase up to 24 non-deeded Vacation Points each Use Year they may need to complete a reservation for Disney Vacation Club accommodations in the 7-month booking window or Disney Collection and World Collection reservations.*

For more information about how to use OTU Vacation Points to complete a booking, visit DisneyVacationClub.com or call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.

We look forward to welcoming you home very soon.

Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Club Management

*Exchange options through the Disney Collection and hotel exchanges through the World Collection require eligibility for Membership Extras.

Email to all Disney Vacation Club Members

Disney Vacation Club Announces $3-Per-Point Price Increase on Purchasing One Time Use Points
Dear Disney Vacation Club Member,

We’re reaching out with an important Member update regarding one-time-use (OTU) Vacation Points. Effective, February 16, 2023, the price of (OTU) Vacation Points will increase from $19 per point to $22 per point. This program gives Members the opportunity to purchase up to 24 non-deeded Vacation Points each Use Year they may need to complete a reservation for Disney Vacation Club accommodations in the 7-month booking window or Disney Collection and World Collection reservations.*

For more information about how to use OTU Vacation Points to complete a booking, visit DisneyVacationClub.com or call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.

We look forward to welcoming you home very soon.

Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Club Management

*Exchange options through the Disney Collection and hotel exchanges through the World Collection require eligibility for Membership Extras.

Email to all Disney Vacation Club Members
I have such mixed feelings about this. On the plus side, I think this will in turn increase rental rates, which is good for me if I want to rent points out to fund a cruise (I did a "cruise swap" through a DVC broker with some extra points for the first time this year and can definitely see myself doing that again in the future because it was so easy). On the down side, this kind of stinks if I need to buy these points in the future for myself. I haven't yet... but anything is possible.

It would have been nice to give members a heads up so people could have purchased OTU points ahead of the increase for this year, but I get that sort of defeats the point of the increase.

Currently in the queue for the Tron preview for annual passholders. We booked a vacation a few days ago before we knew about the Tron preview. Our vacation is during the Tron preview which is exciting. The bad part, we didn't book Magic Kingdom park reservations yet and all days are now blocked because of the preview except one, the 7th of March. Hopefully we can grab a preview day...

Currently in the queue for the Tron preview for annual passholders. We booked a vacation a few days ago before we knew about the Tron preview. Our vacation is during the Tron preview which is exciting. The bad part, we didn't book Magic Kingdom park reservations yet and all days are now blocked because of the preview except one, the 7th of March. Hopefully we can grab a preview day...
If you get the preview, they will give you a park reservation. You don't need to do anything, and you will still keep whatever reservation you had before.

Prepare Your Smolder: ‘Tangled’ Photos at Walt Disney World Resort
One of the many reasons why I love using Disney PhotoPass Service is because of how well the photographers incorporate Disney stories into my photos. And my absolute favorite Disney story is Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Tangled.”

Thankfully, Disney PhotoPass Service has lots of “Tangled”-themed photo ops at Walt Disney World Resort. It’s always a blast to let my hair down and have Disney PhotoPass photographers help me go live my dream of stepping right into the movie. Plus, they always get my nose right.

So you don’t have to keep wonderin’ and wonderin’ and wonderin’ where you can take these photos during your next visit to Walt Disney World Resort, check out some of my favorites below.

• Disney Photopass Tangled-themed virtual backdrop at Disney Springs
  • Disney Photopass Tangled-themed virtual backdrop at Disney Springs
Go on a towering adventure to Corona, all without leaving Disney Springs! Allow me to explain: At the Disney PhotoPass Studio, you can take photos in front of Disney-themed virtual backdrops, including a few themed to “Tangled!” Just let your photographer know this is what you want in your pictures so they can set up the shot. Plus, there’s a frying pan prop you can use in your photos. Who knew, right?

Pascal Magic Shot at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Best…Magic Shot…EVER! Go running and racing (not literally, please) to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, where the Disney PhotoPass photographer stationed at the bridge leading from the entrance of the park into Discovery Island can capture this Pascal Magic Shot.

Tangeled-themed lantern prop at Magic Kingdom Park

At Magic Kingdom Park, this lantern prop is warm and real and bright. Whether you choose to smile or smolder, you’ll gleam and glow. It’s available daily after dark in Fantasyland, weather permitting.

And at last, I see … a lens! Our newest Disney PhotoPass Lens features Pascal, who is as playful as ever. Keep a careful eye on him because he’ll try to blend into your shoulder! It’s available to use anywhere at Walt Disney World Resort through the My Disney Experience app with the purchase of Disney Genie+ service.*

Creating More Disney Magic and Inclusivity at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
it0w9r3u58i6hj4yogefwqr3t65299.png

At Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, specialty training allows our Fairy Godmother’s Apprentices to master a greater diversity of hair textures and types, opening up doors to more connection and inclusion.

“Cosmetology schools don’t spend much time on more texturized hair, so it can be difficult to get that experience,” Camelia, an apprentice, explains. “I’ve seen my peers grow through the training Disney provides us. Their skills have blossomed and they’ve become more confident.”

feir39268uy4igeofq3t6095.png

In addition to the specialty training, extra pigmentation has been added to makeup palettes to ensure all skin colors glow and pop. Adaptive costumes are also available for young princesses and knights in need of comfortable stretch fabric, discreet flap openings for easy tube access, ankle-length bottoms to accommodate those who are seated, and velcro closing to slip the costumes on and off with ease.

“Seeing the delight on guests’ faces when they turn around and see themselves in the mirror is the best experience,” Shalise, an apprentice, adds. “We all have such unique memories and relationships with guests that come back year after year to visit us. Now, we are opening the doors for children to build those magical connections with even more cast members because when they walk through our doors parents know they can trust any one of us to deliver an unforgettable experience.”

1104ZOfeji4t3u8yhgrjewfq3t.png

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has a long legacy of making dreams come true for children around the world. Now, parents can feel even more at ease knowing that extra care and attention is given to allow their children to connect more deeply with our stories and enjoy their fantasy being brought to life.

“What we do here isn’t just a makeover. We give our guests the ability to believe in make believe. No matter who they are, where they come from, or what they’ve gone through, they have the chance to be a knight or princess,” Shalise shares.

t4yhrefwr3t6475uhrger43.png

As our Fairy Godmother’s Apprentices always say – trust the process! Step through our enchanted doors with the confidence that children from all backgrounds will feel seen, celebrated, and welcomed.

Got thru queue around 12:20PM. Loooong wait, but worth it. Got registered for Saturday March 11th. Woohooo. Now hopefully my pooh sized body will fit in the ride. :)
You will fit the ride, just for the standard vehicle it will come down to how your legs fit since the safety lock is the bar between the thigh/calf. Definitely check out the test vehicle before riding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter