Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I think there's a simpler explanation: the festival booths print money.

Epcot is not exactly being ignored, between the France expansion, Guardians, and the Spine re-do.
The festivals have been going on for several years now and predate the attractions you mention by quite some time.

obviuosly everything they do relates back to revenue (and hopefully profits)

I do wonder if food and wine needs a refresh since all the festivals feature food booths now? Male it a Global festival or something with something else to do other than eat like the others???

I do wonder if food and wine needs a refresh since all the festivals feature food booths now? Male it a Global festival or something with something else to do other than eat like the others???

Not for us. Being local any change in available food choices is what we like about Epcot. But I can see many visitors not wanting all those booths.

Not for us. Being local any change in available food choices is what we like about Epcot. But I can see many visitors not wanting all those booths.
Oh yeah, I don;t mind the booths, I just meant something in addition to the booths like the other festivals have (the flowers, the storytellers, the artists etc.)

I mean I assume especially once the new festival center flux space opens they will bring back lecturers and demonstrations

Like what namely pre-Frozen?
Off the top of my head: the third Soarin' theater ('16), the Test Track remake ('12), and the Seas and El Tiempo re-makes, which were both '07 or so.

And as @Douglas Dubh mentioned, Soarin went in in '05, was converted to around the World around the same time as the third theater opened. Mission:Space debuted in '03.

A bunch of restaurants were added or changed in the time I've been going (a bit less than 20 years), including La Cava, La Hacienda, and La Cantina in Mexico; Tutto Gusto and Via Napoli in Italy; Spice Road Table in Morocco, Takumi-Tei in Japan, and Space 220. I'd include the conversion to a Signature menu in Le Cellier, but that was short-lived, and the menu more or less reverted to the old one, keeping the new prices, so I don't think that counts.

Last edited:
Wait, Mission Space is going to be TWENTY this year?? It doesn't seem like it could be that old
It makes me feel particularly old because I was there the opening week of the ride and after I slumped to the floor walking off the ride, a gaggle of cast members surrounded me and remarked that i was the first person they had seen get sick on the attraction lol

LOL so true. My little conspiracy theory is that Disney decided to have festivals year round because they would have issues getting people to want to come to Epcot otherwise, especially with park reservations in place.
lol, its true and it works! I mean, my partner and I don't need an excuse to take in a weekend jaunt at Disney, but I do recall last December we decided to go to Epcot for the weekend to enjoy the cookie stroll. We then proceeded to eat three total cookies between us, lol

Epcot has become (or largely always was) a permanent exposition grounds. This is by design. It is different than the other parks. That isn't a flaw. It is a feature. The Festivals aren't to hide a lack of attractions, they themselves are attractions. To say that Epcot's festivals are hiding a lack of attractions is like saying that AK has tigers to hide a lack of rides, or saying that MK has meet and greets and a day time parade to compensate for a lack of attractions.

There all different kinds of attractions, not just rides. Some you may like, some may not be your cup of tea. Maybe you only like rides, maybe you like everything except rides. The variety is what make WDW unique and beyond other similar ventures.

It will be interesting to hear how Genie+ functions when it is sold out.
Wasn’t as bad I would have expected, was in Mk today. 10-5, Ariel meet, Ariel ride (LL), jungle cruise (LL), lunch at Tony’s, saw parade, Mickey meet (LL), meet Mulan, mine train (ILL), meet Minnie, Daisy, Goofy, Donald, Winnie the Pooh (LL), people mover, speedy way (LL).

We could have done more but my daughter was selecting instead of just doing best use of LLs. But personally I didn’t think it was so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter