• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

BREAKING: Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Cutting Down to Two ‘Voyages’ Per Week This Fall

Disney has announced that the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser two-night immersive adventure will only operate twice per week starting in October.

There it is… We’re doing the Starcruiser in June and one reason I wanted to do it ASAP is I fear for its future. Hopefully Disney can fill sailings while maintaining quality at two sailings a week.
I’ll admit it I’m not a huge Star Wars fan, so please correct me if I’m wrong. But at this price point is each sailing that different that people want to go more then once?

I think it looks cool and would love to try it but I as a casual fan it’s not worth it to me, at this time.

BREAKING: Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Cutting Down to Two ‘Voyages’ Per Week This Fall

Disney has announced that the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser two-night immersive adventure will only operate twice per week starting in October.

There it is… We’re doing the Starcruiser in June and one reason I wanted to do it ASAP is I fear for its future. Hopefully Disney can fill sailings while maintaining quality at two sailings a week.
The beginning of the end. When does construction on the DVC wing begin?

I’ll admit it I’m not a huge Star Wars fan, so please correct me if I’m wrong. But at this price point is each sailing that different that people want to go more then once?

I think it looks cool and would love to try it but I as a casual fan it’s not worth it to me, at this time.
We are huge SW fans in my house, but that price point is a nonstarter for us.

Yeah, the price is the problem. For the money you could go to Europe or take a deluxe cruise or stay at a Deluxe resort and be able to do what you want instead of spending two days inside a windowless bunker and only able to go outside when it's time to go to Batuu. You can still spend that money and have a nice long Disney vacation and be able to go to Batuu whenever you want and spend as long as you want there, and then go to your hotel and take a dip in the pool that GS doesn't have.

Good Morning!

tuesday-memes-05.jpg

Yeah, the price is the problem. For the money you could go to Europe or take a deluxe cruise or stay at a Deluxe resort and be able to do what you want instead of spending two days inside a windowless bunker and only able to go outside when it's time to go to Batuu. You can still spend that money and have a nice long Disney vacation and be able to go to Batuu whenever you want and spend as long as you want there, and then go to your hotel and take a dip in the pool that GS doesn't have.
I wish this was true. The flights alone would be half the cost of the Starcruiser :sad:

Definitely agree with your post though. This is too expensive, plain and simple. I would try this out if it were cheaper as I'm a big fan of interactive experiences like this but the price for 2 days is a instant dealbreaker. I assumed they would lower the price like Universal did with their (overpriced) escape rooms but guess not.

I’m one person who thinks the issue is more then just the price. Me and my cousins are huge Star Wars fans who do roleplaying games often and majority of us make enough we easily could justify the price if we wanted to go. The issue is our families aren’t huge Star Wars fans and have no interest in the larping so would have to be some sort of guys weekend where me and my cousins go together without family.

We’ve discussed and literally have no interest in doing the trip. We just can’t figure out how it would work out logically. We won’t do a Disney trip just us, we won’t leave family mid trip just us, and we don’t want to drag families away from Disney on Disney trip.

I wish this was true. The flights alone would be half the cost of the Starcruiser :sad:

Definitely agree with your post though. This is too expensive, plain and simple. I would try this out if it were cheaper as I'm a big fan of interactive experiences like this but the price for 2 days is a instant dealbreaker. I assumed they would lower the price like Universal did with their (overpriced) escape rooms but guess not.
Viking Cruises was offering trips to Europe, flights included, for the cost of a 2-night Star Cruiser stay.

Any thoughts as to what they might do with this facility when they finally stop the "flights" altogether? It's not really large enough to turn into a regular hotel. Perhaps just office space?

Any thoughts as to what they might do with this facility when they finally stop the "flights" altogether? It's not really large enough to turn into a regular hotel. Perhaps just office space?
Is there room to expand?

So surely this means that all those great cast members with their tailored Star Wars costumes, character designs, hours of experience in the role, and a bunch of cut hours will DEFINITELY be given time to roam Blackspire Outpost now right? RIGHT?!? (I know, I know, we can dream though).

No, I don't think so. Office workers like to look out the window once in a while. From the outside, this building has been described as looking like a warehouse. Maybe that's its fate.

No, I don't think so. Office workers like to look out the window once in a while. From the outside, this building has been described as looking like a warehouse. Maybe that's its fate.
The rooms actually have windows. I think they are just covered by screens but available for emergency exit. Star-Wars-Galactic-Starcruiser-construction-credit-bioreconstruct-twitter-2384640-scaled.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter