Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Speaking of women...

FYI-
Disney Springs - Instagram
Celebrate HER Story with Ashley Eckstein & friends at Disney Springs! Join us for a panel discussion, hosted by @ashleyeckstein, in honor of Women’s History Month and the launch of the new Star Wars Women of the Galaxy Collection. Come hear from Ashley and the panelists about the power of female friendships and the importance of supporting and lifting one another up – and check out this stellar new collection! This event will take place on March 16 at Waterview Park (located next to Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar) from 10-11 a.m. Weather permitting. Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
View attachment 744897
View attachment 744898
1D5B38D3-F411-43D1-9589-617D742ED6D9.jpeg
Anyone else here?

Well then, I may need to rethink this!
The poles etc really do not obstruct your view especially standing at the back rail (which is the best spot, everyone rushes to the front rail). You’re so close and centered on the castle that it doesn’t matter, and the Partners statue being right there actually adds to it imo.
Yes!
Another vote for a wonderful and positive experience for the Garden Viewing Dessert Party!
Ditto

We did our 1st Garden Viewing Dessert Party Dec.2022, and it is a great area to watch the fireworks 😍

Edit: our dessert party experience was during MVMCP

Last edited:
Well then, I may need to rethink this!
FWIW, here is my experience. We have booked the Plaza twice. The first time was when only the pre-party existed (on the Plaza anyway). We enjoyed the space and booked it again. The second time the pre and after parties were offered. There were more people the second time and it seemed much more crowded. We didn't get a spot at the back because we didn't hurry to arrive at the Plaza after the pre party. I didn't feel like it was "worth it" at the time. So, last year we just arrived early in the hub. Well, I think sardines have more room in the can than we did. People arriving later were pushing into what little space was left making me feel unsafe and claustrophobic.

For our next trip in May, I hope to book the after/post party and will gladly pay to wait in the Plaza.

It doesn't make up for it. But I'll pay for the space anyway.
I hear you. The first time we ever saw HEA was on our Oct 2018 trip and I booked the party specifically for the guaranteed spot because I knew it would be obscenely crowded in the hub on a non-MNSSHP night and my gf is only 5'2" so I was concerned about her being able to see. That was honestly the best money I ever spent on an upcharge thing, even knowing intellectually it would be crowded I was still not prepared for what a nightmare the hub was. The garden was an oasis in all of that, especially since it was before they had the after party available.

The only reason I'm hesitant this time is because we'll have so many opportunities to watch HEA this trip, and we may actually want to check it out from Main Street for the new projections over there. But I think we would do the after party, our first MK day will be on an EEH night so it would be a nice way to transition into that.

We did one of the garden parties (food then fireworks) this week (peak Spring Break) last year. I don't drink, and one of our party was under age, but the rest of us had a glass or two of something. The desserts were okay. There was a cheese tray as well. We were with my BIL's family; they typically do not stake out space for parades/fireworks/etc.

I looked at it as a way to enjoy a part of the trip with them that would have been hard to enjoy otherwise, because even though that particular night was cold, the park was still slammed. It was one of our three splurges during the week, so we weren't too concerned about whether or not it was "worth it". The other two were Space 220 and Savor the Savannah. I would do Savor again in a heartbeat. Space was pretty good, and I can see myself going back there every so often, but I like Tiffins more (to the point I no longer consider that a splurge; it's just an every-trip destination).

In the future, the dessert party will probably be pretty far down the list. If I were there with another crowd-intolerant family, I'd probably do it again, but I suspect we would rather spend our splurges on other things if left to our own devices.

One positive of the before-party--getting between the garden and the terrace after the show ends, when "everyone everywhere is moving all at once" would probably stress me out. Getting from the terrace to the garden is easier, because a lot of people are already in their places.

Gaming News: Disney Speedstorm Releases April 18 in Early Access

Racers, start your engines! Disney Speedstormraces into early access on April 18th for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X and PC.
Suit up and hit the high-speed circuits as some of your favorite Disney and Pixar characters in this exhilarating cross-platform arcade combat racing game. Navigate the Season Tour in single-player mode or challenge your friends in local and online multiplayer modes. Even more Disney and Pixar characters will be added regularly, bringing new special skills for you to master (or overcome), new karts to upgrade, and unique tracks with each season update.

Disney Speedstorm

Grab one of the Disney Speedstorm Founder’s Packs today on the Nintendo eShop, Microsoft Store, and/or Epic Games Store, available worldwide. Pre-orders start March 20 on the PlayStation Store. Based on your purchase of either the Standard, Deluxe, or Ultimate Tiers, you will receive exciting add-ons including:

• Racers Unlocked:
    • Standard Pack: Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
    • Deluxe Pack: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Mulan
    • Ultimate Pack: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Mulan, Captain Jack Sparrow and Hercules
  • 1 immediate racer unlock of the player’s choice
    • Options include the following: Baloo, the Beast, Belle, Elizabeth Swann, Mowgli, or Shang
  • Tokens and Golden Pass Credits (Amounts will vary per tier purchase)
  • Exclusive racing suits and kart liveries for racers unlocked through the purchased Founder Pack
  • Exclusive Player Profile customization items
Donald Duck in Disney Speedstorm

True,but if he is watching the 30th anniversary show, it makes sense. Its song is incredibly catchy. It always results in dancing guests at the Central Plaza 😀
We went last summer and it was great. My daughter (5) still sings the songs from the shows over there. Best moment I've ever had in a Disney park was the nigthtime show when the whole crowd broke out into one of the songs right in the middle. Pure spine-chilling excellence. If I had the money, I'd go back again just to see that one show.

Disney Delivers Joy to Children’s Hospitals Across Florida
We’re once again bringing some Disney magic into the community. Recently, patients and families at two children’s hospitals in Florida received a surprise visit – and a bit of pixie dust – as we delivered two new mobile movie theaters along with Disney-themed Starlight Hospital Wear, toys, books and more.
These donations were made in collaboration with Starlight Children’s Foundation and are part of Disney’s global commitment to help reimagine the patient experience at children’s hospitals around the world – a $100 million commitment that first began in 2018.

These distinctly Disney mobile movie theaters will offer patients and their families a place to create moments of joy and comfort while enjoying new releases and beloved classics through complimentary Disney+ access and Disney Movie Moments. In fact, we shared a special viewing of Disney On Ice presents Frozen & Encanto with some patients when making the first of many of these special deliveries.

WDW Ambassador and Patient Watching Disney On Ice presents Frozen & Encanto

At AdventHealth for Children, a part of AdventHealth Tampa, Mickey Mouse joined Walt Disney World cast members to officially celebrate the first of six mobile movie theater donations by Disney to hospitals and nonprofit organizations across central and south Florida. These efforts build on Walt Disney World Resort’s long legacy of supporting those in need and join other recent initiatives like welcoming back regular character visits to local Central Florida children’s hospitals.

WDW Ambassador and Mickey Mouse with AdventHealth Tampa CEO and Starlight Children's Foundation Representative

“We know that a little Disney magic can go a long way in making someone’s day, and that’s exactly why events like these are so important to us,” said Tajiana Ancora-Brown, Director of External Affairs at Walt Disney World Resort. “A hospital stay can often be overwhelming, and we hope these special deliveries will bring new happy memories, inspire hope and help build resilience for these patients and families across Florida and around the world.”

Meanwhile, Captain Minnie Mouse joined Disney Cruise Line cast and crew members in Fort Lauderdale at the Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital at Broward Health for the first wave of deliveries the cruise line will be making to children’s hospitals in several port communities across the country.

Captain Minnie Mouse with Patients at Local Children's Hospital

Crew members from the Disney Dream volunteered their time at the event and found it both gratifying and heartwarming.

“We jumped at the chance to participate in the event,” said Shameem Adam, Crew Engagement Manager. “Of course, we love bringing happiness and magic to our guests onboard, but today was really special. We were grateful for the opportunity to help bring some joy and smiles to the children and their families.”

Disney VoluntEARS with Patient at Local Children's Hospital

Throughout March, Walt Disney World Resort and Disney Cruise Line will be delivering nine additional mobile movie theater units to hospitals and nonprofit organizations across Florida and the United States – with more theaters arriving at children’s centers around the world very soon.

Unwind with New Sunrise Yoga and Spa Treatments at Disneyland Resort
Spring is just around the corner and Tenaya Stone Spa at Disneyland Resort is introducing fresh new offerings to make your vacation even more relaxing, more revitalizing and more memorable. Awaken to energizing new yoga classes in unique theme park locations, or gain a beautiful glow with skin-rejuvenating treatments!

Tenaya Stone Spa is a beautiful retreat at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, bringing a modern mix of soothing spa treatments, invigorating fitness classes and pampering salon services.

See what’s new and what you’d like to experience during your next visit!

Sunrise Yoga in Disneyland Park

Sunrise Yoga in Disneyland Park

As an overnight guest of any of the three Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, you can enjoy an exciting new Sunrise Yoga experience at Disneyland park, in a special location such as the Space Mountain concourse in Tomorrowland, or elsewhere, depending on the park’s schedule for the day. Designed for all skill levels, the class includes a fitness towel, light snacks, bottle of water and a Disney PhotoPass digital photo download. Yoga mats are provided for use during the session.

Yoga in Disney California Adventure Park

Enjoy an intimate yoga class in Redwood Creek in Disney California Adventure park, or elsewhere, depending on the park’s schedule for the day. Connect with nature and soak in a rejuvenating capstone sound meditation—a unique blend of peaceful sounds and imagery you won’t soon forget. This practice is designed for all levels and incorporates various yoga flows that engage the body and mind and is only available for overnight guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort. Yoga mats are provided for use during the session.

To learn more about these Tenaya Stone Spa fitness classes that are distinctly Disney, please visit Disneyland.com. Group fitness classes are offered to overnight Disneyland Resort hotel guests for an additional fee, based upon availability.* Class reservations are required and can be made online, by phone or by visiting the spa directly.

Citrus Groves Face and Body Treatment at Tenaya Stone Spa

Citrus Groves Face and Body Treatment

Treat yourself to an uplifting face and body treatment, inspired by the Anaheim orange groves. This full body exfoliation uses a citrus-infused sea salt scrub, paired with a luxurious body mask infused with tangerine peel, lemon peel and organic oranges, designed to brighten and balance your skin. This is followed by a firming, hydrating and antioxidant-rich facial moisturizer. Completing the body treatment is an emollient body milk scented with grapefruit, lime, cucumber fruit extract, sweet almond and avocado oils, leaving your skin silky smooth.

The Ultimate Scalp and Foot Massage

Experience true bliss as two therapists work in unison to massage your scalp and feet simultaneously during a relaxing treatment designed for you to drift into relaxation. This is a perfect add-on to a 50- or 80-minute service.

California Artisanal Poultice Massage

This massage melts away muscle tension by combining pressure and heat from steamed compresses of wild herbs found throughout California and North America. Choose one of four different handcrafted blends of herbs made for Tenaya Stone Spa.

HydraFacial

This treatment cleanses, exfoliates and uses lymphatic therapy to help improve skin tone while the LED light therapy is designed to stimulate collagen and elastin to tighten skin and increase product absorption.

Tenaya Stone Spa - Relaxation Lounge

While at Tenaya Stone Spa, be sure to spend some time in the Relaxation Lounge to unwind into sublime tranquility.

They won’t be premature. There is 100th merch all over the parks right now. Last week I saw people wearing shirts and I bought myself a sweatshirt from the collection.
Wear whatever you were planning, and have fun! We were there the first week of January, and the Disney 100 merchandise was already being put on the shelves next to Christmas, New Year 2023, and 50th Anniversary merchandise.

If anything, Disney was early releasing the stuff in January, but you will be right on time!
Who cares. You'll probably have guests come up to you asking where you got the cool 100 year merch.

Your Mickey ears are great.

You'll be a trend setter!
Thanks for all of that! I should know better by now. Maybe the Disney100 Cinderella's carriage popcorn bucket will materialize at Epcot by summer as well.
pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter