• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

TRON Lightcycle Run to begin soft openings at Walt Disney World

Disney has announced that TRON Lightcycle Run will begin soft openings before its official opening on April 4 2023.

TRON Lightcycle Run soft openings will begin March 20 through April 2 2023.

“ATTENTION USERS: We have a surprise transmission from the Grid. // Between 3.20 – 4.2, Guests may have the early opportunity to experience TRON Lightcycle / Run presented by @Enterprise during a limited soft open via virtual queue or purchase of individual Lightning Lane entry.”
Welp... I guess they gonna get my money. lol

They’re getting mine when I go, just to guarantee a ride on Tron at night. Curious to see if they’ll be more strict on return times with the VQ like they did with Rise, or if they’ll be flexible like they have been with Guardians.
If I were to guess, I would say they'll be more strict or else the line at night would be insane. I rode it at night and yeah, the experience is sigificantly better than during the day.

If I were to guess, I would say they'll be more strict or else the line at night would be insane. I rode it at night and yeah, the experience is sigificantly better than during the day.
That’s what I’m thinking, just waiting to see it in practice at this point.

Yeah, I rode when it was still light out (and I'm not complaining, I wasn't expecting to get the chance last month during my trip and am EXTREMELY grateful we did!), and it's gotta be even cooler in the dark!

Welp... I guess they gonna get my money. lol

They’re getting mine when I go, just to guarantee a ride on Tron at night. Curious to see if they’ll be more strict on return times with the VQ like they did with Rise, or if they’ll be flexible like they have been with Guardians.

Yeah - As much as we gripe about paid LL and all that, I did it too for Guardians on my last trip. We are part of the problem. 🤣

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

336708039_142713988454748_8000358495625677519_n.jpg

LOL - because we dont get up early enough as it is........🥱

I'm up by 5 a.m. every morning, doesn't matter whether I'm at Disney or at home. I'd happily pay for early access to the parks just to walk around without tons of people at sunrise! I think Disney is missing a revenue stream, they could offer an early entry ticket to people who are photographers!

Thank you! I missed that! 2 VQ should be interesting! We don’t head back till June, so we will see how this all pans out by then I guess!

We go at the end of May and honestly I'm relieved. Especially now that we changed to a split stay and will be rope dropping from IG now instead of the front of the park.

If they do enforce times, I could see people waiting for the 1 pm drop as an actual strategy for riding at night. Or just cough up the money and buy a LL.

Live footage of the 6pm EEH drop:

giphy.gif

I'm up by 5 a.m. every morning, doesn't matter whether I'm at Disney or at home. I'd happily pay for early access to the parks just to walk around without tons of people at sunrise! I think Disney is missing a revenue stream, they could offer an early entry ticket to people who are photographers!
I had first reservations for breakfast at the castle in December - OMG - best pictures ever!! There was some fog - it was quiet. Worth every penny and every second.

I had first reservations for breakfast at the castle in December - OMG - best pictures ever!! There was some fog - it was quiet. Worth every penny and every second.
Great tip! DH and I are bringing two friends with us during our next big trip (week-long). They're Disney virgins and I'm jotting down ideas to make their time really special lol

I wish they'd bring back Early Morning Magic! We did it at Toy Story Land in December 2018, and it was great!

Last edited:
This negotiating is bordering on childish. The Union wants 18 an hour and Disney is being stubborn at 16 an hour. We all know it is going to be 17 an hour. Yet both are going to huff and puff and at 1 minute to midnight will agree to 17 an hour. Then both sides will do multiple interviews stating how they "won" the negotiations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter