• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I just saw an influencer post there is no wiggle room on the VQ for Tron, I get the idea that they don’t want people saving it for a night ride, and I’m all for this. But I’m wondering/interested to see how this pans out in the long term.

With VQ you don’t get to pick when it’s called what if your on another ride and it gets stuck, or you’re at lunch? I will be surprised if they don’t at a minimum widen the window to 2 hours from an hour…

Thoughts?
Disneys’’s policy is that if you have an ADR that conflicts with a LL, go to ADR and then immediately to attraction and have receipt to prove ADR. You will be allowed to ride.

I don’t see it changing to 2 hours as it would make something’s that’s confusing even more confusing and we sure don’t need that!!

I didn't do any ADRs on my HS day last year so my stacking method for Genie+ could work (not that I cared since I don't think any of the places at HS are worth it).
Whaaa but what about getting your elbows off the table so you can get fried chicken?! Lol

And we also like Sci-fi dine-in theater.

Sadly, the pasta we liked at Mama Melrose's has been gone for years.

I just saw an influencer post there is no wiggle room on the VQ for Tron, I get the idea that they don’t want people saving it for a night ride, and I’m all for this. But I’m wondering/interested to see how this pans out in the long term.

With VQ you don’t get to pick when it’s called what if your on another ride and it gets stuck, or you’re at lunch? I will be surprised if they don’t at a minimum widen the window to 2 hours from an hour…

Thoughts?
A few months ago my family had VQ for Guardians when our bus to EPCOT got stuck for over an hour ... no way we were hitting our VQ time. When our bus finally arrived, they had a rep from the transportation team telling us to head to guest services where they would take care of any VQs or LLs and fit us in. We had no problem with our VQ and I saw others also get their G+ and paid LLs rescheduled.

A few months ago my family had VQ for Guardians when our bus to EPCOT got stuck for over an hour ... no way we were hitting our VQ time. When our bus finally arrived, they had a rep from the transportation team telling us to head to guest services where they would take care of any VQs or LLs and fit us in. We had no problem with our VQ and I saw others also get their G+ and paid LLs rescheduled.

It's been my experience that no matter what the policy says, if you go talk to Guest Services, be polite and explain the situation, they will almost always work with you.

I see so many people go up to CM's and start yelling. Number 1, it's rude and inappropriate, Number 2, it's not going to help you with your request.

Good Morning!

Help_me_caffeine_youre_my_only_hope_640x640.jpg

Disney Cruise Line Announces Summer 2024 Itineraries (May – September)

DCL Summer 2024 Booking Dates

While Summer 2024 dates were announced today, general booking will not open until Thursday March 30th. The tiered booking period will begin March 27th for Castaway Club Members and some others.

• Monday March 27th – Platinum Members, Golden Oak Club Members and Club 33 Members
  • Tuesday March 28th – Gold Castaway Club members
  • Wednesday March 29th – Silver Members, Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventures by Disney Insiders
  • Thursday March 30th, general public/first time cruisers will be able to book.
If you’re an existing Castaway Club member, simply log in to your account now to verify your Castaway Club status, so you’ll be all set to book on your designated date. Alternatively, you can call (800) 388-4513 starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time or contact your travel agent.

Castaway Club members can book online beginning Monday! The only caveat is that this is for new bookings only as the website is still not set up to move a placeholder to a new booking. Those types of bookings will still require a phone call.

Disney Magic Summer 2024 Sailings​

The Disney Magic will homeport in Fort Lauderdale during the summer. Starting May 4, 2024, the Disney Magic will sail from San Juan to Florida and offer 3-, 4-, and 5-night Bahamian, and 5-night Western Caribbean Cruise. The majority of the Disney Magic summer 2024 Bahamian itineraries feature a stop at Lighthouse Point.

In total, there are 36 new sail dates between May 4, 2024 and August 17, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings.

Disney Wonder Summer 2024 Sailings​

The Disney Wonder will be spending the summer sailing in Alaska. On May 13, 2024, the Disney Wonder will arrive in Vancouver ending her time in San Diego. During the summer, the Disney Wonder will offer mostly 7-night Alaskan trips with a 9-night followed by a 5-night in July.

In total, there are 22 new sail dates between May 13, 2024 and September 16, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings.

Disney Dream Summer 2024 Sailings​

The Disney Dream will depart Fort Lauderdale in May 2024 for Europe where she will spend the summer sailing from Barcelona, Civitavecchia, and Southampton offering voyages in the Mediterranean, Greek Isles, Norwegian Fjords, Iceland, and around Europe including the British Isles.

In total, there are currently 18 new sail dates between May 5, 2024 and September ##, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings. At this time, the Transatlantic is not included, but will be added when details become available.

Disney Fantasy Summer 2024 Sailings​

The Disney Fantasy will remain at Port Canaveral sailing 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises along with a one off 5-night Bahamian, a 6-night Western, and 10-night Southern Caribbean voyage.

In total, there are 21 new sail dates between June 1, 2024 and September 28, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings

Disney Wish Summer 2024 Sailings​

Beginning June 3, 2024, the Disney Wish will continue to offer 3- and 4-night cruises from Port Canaveral sailing to Nassau and Castaway Cay. If you are looking for a Bahamian cruise to Lighthouse Point, please see the Disney Magic sailings from Fort Lauderdale.

In total, there are 44 new sail dates between June 3, 2024 and September 30, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings.

Last edited:
Whaaa but what about getting your elbows off the table so you can get fried chicken?! Lol

Eh, I'm perfectly fine with that Buffalo grilled cheese from ABC Commissary. The only one of those I've eaten at in the last 3 years was Mama Melrose and it's a one and done.

Thoughts?

We won't fully know till it fully opens. Right now its in soft open and operating not fully the same. They have a set closing time for the ride and the queue needs to be clear by then , not the normal park close.

We did soft open on a ride years ago that broke down and they cleared the line and didn't let people stay like they normally do unless its going to be down for a long long time. It re opened about 15 mins after the line was cleared.

VQ should just be three drops: park open to noon/1pm , noon/1pm to 5 ish and then 5ish to close. Have to be in the park to get in it no matter what. Or have some way to pre select a window based on when you expect to be in the park.

Disney Cruise Line Announces Summer 2024 Itineraries (May – September)

DCL Summer 2024 Booking Dates

While Summer 2024 dates were announced today, general booking will not open until Friday March 31th. The tiered booking period will begin March 6th for Castaway Club Members and some others. This is the first itinerary release to include the Castaway Club early booking benefit for Pearl members, those who have sailed with Disney Cruise Line on 25 or more voyages.

• Monday March 27th – Platinum Members, Golden Oak Club Members and Club 33 Members
  • Tuesday March 28th – Gold Castaway Club members
  • Wednesday March 29th – Silver Members, Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventures by Disney Insiders
  • Thursday March 30th, general public/first time cruisers will be able to book.
If you’re an existing Castaway Club member, simply log in to your account now to verify your Castaway Club status, so you’ll be all set to book on your designated date. Alternatively, you can call (800) 388-4513 starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time or contact your travel agent.

Castaway Club members can book online beginning Monday! The only caveat is that this is for new bookings only as the website is still not set up to move a placeholder to a new booking. Those types of bookings will still require a phone call.

Disney Magic Summer 2024 Sailings​

The Disney Magic will homeport in Fort Lauderdale during the summer. Starting May 4, 2024, the Disney Magic will sail from San Juan to Florida and offer 3-, 4-, and 5-night Bahamian, and 5-night Western Caribbean Cruise. The majority of the Disney Magic summer 2024 Bahamian itineraries feature a stop at Lighthouse Point.

In total, there are 36 new sail dates between May 4, 2024 and August 17, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings.

Disney Wonder Summer 2024 Sailings​

The Disney Wonder will be spending the summer sailing in Alaska. On May 13, 2024, the Disney Wonder will arrive in Vancouver ending her time in San Diego. During the summer, the Disney Wonder will offer mostly 7-night Alaskan trips with a 9-night followed by a 5-night in July.

In total, there are 22 new sail dates between May 13, 2024 and September 16, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings.

Disney Dream Summer 2024 Sailings​

The Disney Dream will depart Fort Lauderdale in May 2024 for Europe where she will spend the summer sailing from Barcelona, Civitavecchia, and Southampton offering voyages in the Mediterranean, Greek Isles, Norwegian Fjords, Iceland, and around Europe including the British Isles.

In total, there are currently 18 new sail dates between May 5, 2024 and September ##, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings. At this time, the Transatlantic is not included, but will be added when details become available.

Disney Fantasy Summer 2024 Sailings​

The Disney Fantasy will remain at Port Canaveral sailing 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises along with a one off 5-night Bahamian, a 6-night Western, and 10-night Southern Caribbean voyage.

In total, there are 21 new sail dates between June 1, 2024 and September 28, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings

Disney Wish Summer 2024 Sailings​

Beginning June 3, 2024, the Disney Wish will continue to offer 3- and 4-night cruises from Port Canaveral sailing to Nassau and Castaway Cay. If you are looking for a Bahamian cruise to Lighthouse Point, please see the Disney Magic sailings from Fort Lauderdale.

In total, there are 44 new sail dates between June 3, 2024 and September 30, 2024. Here is a PDF of DCL’s website showing the new sailings.
Thanks for posting this! You kicked off a whirlwind of formal 2024 Alaska cruise planning! ❤️

I had the polenta cakes last week. It was really good. I'm not vegan, but I would totally get it again. My husband liked it too. I miss the mushroom flatbread :(

I had the polenta cakes last week. It was really good. I'm not vegan, but I would totally get it again. My husband liked it too. I miss the mushroom flatbread :(
I have been to Mama Melrose's twice and plan on going again (for Fantasmic Dining for my June trip) as I think the steak there is among my favorite at WDW (and only costs 1 arm or leg unlike the full decapitation at Le Cellier or Yachtsman- which are still amazing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter