Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Should be about that time we start to hear them extending hours into May, right?
Do you mean Extended Evening Hours for Epcot and Magic Kingdom for those staying at Deluxe Resorts?
If so looks like every Monday for Epcot until 11p and Wednesday for Magic until midnight.

Nope. I can't stand it. Actually, I think it was The Lego Movie that started that. I though they were trying to look like stop-motion with that though (though the movie SHOULD have been stop-motion made with real Legos - how awesome would that be?). Of course, what Laika has done with stop-motion, it's smoother than any of these stepped animated films now anyway. Honestly, to me it jsut comes off as lazy. Here they are using 12 FPS, while James Cameron is pushing 48! Get it together, guys.
You are comparing apples to oranges. The only thing in common 12FPS and 48 have is that they are both animation. Like saying Lion King and Avatar should use the same style.

You are comparing apples to oranges. The only thing in common 12FPS and 48 have is that they are both animation. Like saying Lion King and Avatar should use the same style.

No, I get that it's a style, it's just a style that I personally dislike - vehemently. I prefer the opposite. Avatar looked brilliant - it was experiential! The stepped animation movies make hurt my eyes. I certainly don't think it looks better that way. It should at least be 24 FPS.

Disneyland After Dark - Star Wars Nite Event Guide

NEW: The Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite event guide is out -- and it includes a list of characters and photo opportunities for the sold out event.

The "Galactic Encounters" include Queen Amidala, C-3PO, Emperor Palpatine, Captain Rex, several droids, and more:

View attachment 756480View attachment 756481View attachment 756482View attachment 756483
Man, R5-D4 has come a long way from just having a bad motivator.

No, I get that it's a style, it's just a style that I personally dislike - vehemently. I prefer the opposite. Avatar looked brilliant - it was experiential! The stepped animation movies make hurt my eyes. I certainly don't think it looks better that way. It should at least be 24 FPS.
That friend is old eyes talking :rotfl2:
Nah, disliking it is fine. I personally love it.

That friend is old eyes talking :rotfl2:
Nah, disliking it is fine. I personally love it.

Mm hm. I didn't mean physically. It just offends my sensibilities. Honestly, it comes off as...lazy. And yeah, I know, I know, that's not really what it is. It is purposeful, however I can't think of one advantage it offers other than halving the rendering time.

Mm hm. I didn't mean physically. It just offends my sensibilities. Honestly, it comes off as...lazy. And yeah, I know, I know, that's not really what it is. It is purposeful, however I can't think of one advantage it offers other than halving the rendering time.
Does it need an advantage besides looking nice and fun? (to those of us who like it)

Does it need an advantage besides looking nice and fun? (to those of us who like it)

But wouldn't it look even better at a smoother frame rate? I can't understand how it doesn't. It's like preferring a resolution of 640x480 to 1920x1080, or even 3840x2160. It's going to look better at a higher resolution.

There was a casting notice for live action Ariel a while back iirc, I think that's a good shout

Edna was such a fun M&G during the Incredibles summer thing they had before the closures, I can't wait for this!

NEW: Ariel from the upcoming live-action 'The Little Mermaid' will begin meeting guests at Walt Disney World and Disneyland starting in late May.

WDW: At Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

DLR: Along the promenade near “it’s a small world” at Disneyland Park.

Scott Gustin
anybody want lottery numbers while I'm at it :cool1:

NEW: Disneyland confirms Fantasmic is paused through at least May 14.

"We know our guests love and miss Fantasmic, and Disneyland Resort teams are working hard to assess when we can bring back an adjusted show as quickly and safely as possible," a Disneyland official said.

Scott Gustin

NEW: Ariel from the upcoming live-action 'The Little Mermaid' will begin meeting guests at Walt Disney World and Disneyland starting in late May.

WDW: At Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

DLR: Along the promenade near “it’s a small world” at Disneyland Park.

Scott Gustin
Called it would be Ariel, Oswald or elemental characters replacing sully

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter