Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

As a big fan of the Paperman short, I'm so happy we're finally getting a movie using that style 11? years later :D Also, great to have our first non-twist villain since Tangled and villain in general since Zootopia?
I was going to say I got a Tangled kinda vibe when I watched this. Looks good!

Salt And Straw Flavors of the Month: Eat Your Flowers Series

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops_-Jasmine-MAY23_5f7be2a2-b028-4944-9677-1a61f7fb671d.png

Jasmine Milk Tea Almond Stracciatella

First decorating our menu in 2018, this is a jasmine lover's dream. We steep fine jasmine tea from Red Blossom Tea Company in cream and sugar, infusing its gently aromatic joys into ice cream laced with slivers of almonds coated in chocolate. Stracciatella is Italian for "little shreds" of chocolate which complement the jasmine beautifully. You'll want to tell all your friends.

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops_-Pistachio-MAY23_2a74da65-2009-4cc9-8713-9a2236a4d94b.png

Pistachio w/ Saffron & Rose Water

Inspired by the Persian New Year of 2022, we created this celebratory flavor originally with pistachio and strawberries. This new year the pistachio perfection is back, softer and sweeter than ever, surrounding delectable chunks of saffron butter mochi cake glazed with a hint of rosewater. Nutty, creamy, and floral and aromatic. Here's to a happy new year indeed.

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops_-Rhubarb-MAY23.png

Rhubarb Crumble w/ Toasted Anise

One of our favorite spring flings, since 2011. We start by getting ourselves into a total rhubarb jam, spiked with a splash of orange juice to sweeten the tang and tartness. This we fold into simple vanilla with a pie-topping crumble capped with toasted anise that's not too light or licoricey. Just right for a jam-packed journey through tempting temperatures and textures.

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops_-MArigold-MAY23_50f4054a-2cf0-421a-b1a2-e20e1199fc60.png

Lemon Mari Gold Amaro Sherbet

Talk about lemon appeal: This sunny new sherbet for spring brings together a complex Mari Gold amaro—whipped up by our friends at Straightaway Cocktails—with a light, fluffy ribbon of lemon and marshmallow essence. It's a May wedding made in heaven. Imagine your favorite fizz cocktail in ice cream form, blooming with citrus notes, for the lemon lover in everyone.

Made with Straightaway Cocktails

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops-Hibiscus-MAY23.png

Hibiscus & Coconut Sherbet (v)

We went totally coconuts for this Haitian-inspired hibiscus happiness. It's a cool pink vegan sherbet built on coconut cream—for a robust scoop—that's been churned in an ice cream machine with serious cinnamon, ginger and sunshine. Call it a tropical "shrub" that could drive you out of your tree. It's one dairy free delight you can eat till the cows come home.

Salt And Straw Flavors of the Month: Eat Your Flowers Series

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops_-Jasmine-MAY23_5f7be2a2-b028-4944-9677-1a61f7fb671d.png

Jasmine Milk Tea Almond Stracciatella

First decorating our menu in 2018, this is a jasmine lover's dream. We steep fine jasmine tea from Red Blossom Tea Company in cream and sugar, infusing its gently aromatic joys into ice cream laced with slivers of almonds coated in chocolate. Stracciatella is Italian for "little shreds" of chocolate which complement the jasmine beautifully. You'll want to tell all your friends.

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops_-Pistachio-MAY23_2a74da65-2009-4cc9-8713-9a2236a4d94b.png

Pistachio w/ Saffron & Rose Water

Inspired by the Persian New Year of 2022, we created this celebratory flavor originally with pistachio and strawberries. This new year the pistachio perfection is back, softer and sweeter than ever, surrounding delectable chunks of saffron butter mochi cake glazed with a hint of rosewater. Nutty, creamy, and floral and aromatic. Here's to a happy new year indeed.

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops_-Rhubarb-MAY23.png

Rhubarb Crumble w/ Toasted Anise

One of our favorite spring flings, since 2011. We start by getting ourselves into a total rhubarb jam, spiked with a splash of orange juice to sweeten the tang and tartness. This we fold into simple vanilla with a pie-topping crumble capped with toasted anise that's not too light or licoricey. Just right for a jam-packed journey through tempting temperatures and textures.

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops_-MArigold-MAY23_50f4054a-2cf0-421a-b1a2-e20e1199fc60.png

Lemon Mari Gold Amaro Sherbet

Talk about lemon appeal: This sunny new sherbet for spring brings together a complex Mari Gold amaro—whipped up by our friends at Straightaway Cocktails—with a light, fluffy ribbon of lemon and marshmallow essence. It's a May wedding made in heaven. Imagine your favorite fizz cocktail in ice cream form, blooming with citrus notes, for the lemon lover in everyone.

Made with Straightaway Cocktails

FLOWERS-PDP-Scoops-Hibiscus-MAY23.png

Hibiscus & Coconut Sherbet (v)

We went totally coconuts for this Haitian-inspired hibiscus happiness. It's a cool pink vegan sherbet built on coconut cream—for a robust scoop—that's been churned in an ice cream machine with serious cinnamon, ginger and sunshine. Call it a tropical "shrub" that could drive you out of your tree. It's one dairy free delight you can eat till the cows come home.

Ooh, and I'll be there in a couple of weeks - I get to try them. Rhubarb/Anise sounds amazing!

Is Zibanejad even playing this series?
I know the series isn't over yet.. need another.
Shesterkin was the only player that seemed to care last night for you guys... the Devils outshot the Rangers 20-2 in the 3rd period!
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. I recall another time NYR was down 3-2 vs NJD.

FU_H9hmXsAEvCnf.jpg

tumblr_lti3nuXovb1r21bjmo1_250.gif

Hey... a guy can dream, right? :)

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. I recall another time NYR was down 3-2 vs NJD.

FU_H9hmXsAEvCnf.jpg

tumblr_lti3nuXovb1r21bjmo1_250.gif

Hey... a guy can dream, right? :)
I actually had this screenshot ready to go this morning, but I figured I’d keep it in my back pocket for now… but since you mentioned it…

1994 Eastern Conference Finals:
IMG_1161.jpeg
It’s not over, until they win!! 😊

Sorry :offtopic: 🫣

I actually had this screenshot ready to go this morning, but I figured I’d keep it in my back pocket for now… but since you mentioned it…

1994 Eastern Conference Finals:
View attachment 756717
It’s not over, until they win!! 😊

Sorry :offtopic: 🫣
Man I just sneezed there was so much dust on those history books... I was 22...and drunk...and angry...but it gave them the experience to win a Cup the following season and then 2 more...so that doesn't hurt me anymore (mostly lol).
They exercised these demons in 2012. Another series where your goalie was your best player.

Man I just sneezed there was so much dust on those history books... I was 22...and drunk...and angry...but it gave them the experience to win a Cup the following season and then 2 more...so that doesn't hurt me anymore (mostly lol).
They exercised these demons in 2012. Another series where your goalie was your best player.
Well, I was a sophomore in high school, and I enjoyed every single second of it!!!! I printed signs that said, “Devil Suck” and “MATTEAU, MATTEAU, MATTEAU” and put them on every Devil fans locker in the school!!! Funny, a few of them didn’t show up that day!! Still can’t figure out why!!! 🤔😜 Good times!!!!! Let’s hope history repeats itself!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Sorry @HokieRaven5 - back to the news!! :tiptoe:

But wouldn't it look even better at a smoother frame rate? I can't understand how it doesn't. It's like preferring a resolution of 640x480 to 1920x1080, or even 3840x2160. It's going to look better at a higher resolution.
Not really, the whole point of it is that it's not at a smoother frame rate. Like on the Puss in Boots movie, the difference between the normal scenes and battle scenes is the point of using the technique. Whether or not it looks better is subjective.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom Hours Extended in May 2023

Disney’s Hollywood Studios will continue to open at 8:30 a.m. daily. From May 14 through May 20, it will be open an extra hour until 10:00 p.m.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom will open an hour early on Sunday, May 14 (Mother’s Day) and on Saturday, May 20, at 8:00 a.m. Early entry for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests will begin at 7:30 a.m. The park will close at 7:00 p.m.

For the gamers out there ... the Jedi: Survivor review embargo dropped today and so far it's getting a ton of amazing reviews! Just an example

IGN JEDI: SURVIVOR REVIEW 9/10

Just a note ... I've read that physical copies releasing this week may still required a HUGE download to play the game, well beyond the typical day one patch size.

As an update ... I'd say wait this game out for some patching! I installed the physical PS5 version earlier and was greeted with an additional 140 GB download! For PS5, the game looks nice, but it's a bit of a mess for me on both performance and quality modes. Game crashes and and frame rate issues even in the cut scenes. I'm sure they'll eventually fix things down the line as Fallen Order had issues at launch as well. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised EA would launch a game in such a sad state?

Sounds like the PC version has even bigger launch issues:

As an update ... I'd say wait this game out for some patching! I installed the physical PS5 version earlier and was greeted with an additional 140 GB download! For PS5, the game looks nice, but it's a bit of a mess for me on both performance and quality modes. Game crashes and and frame rate issues even in the cut scenes. I'm sure they'll eventually fix things down the line as Fallen Order had issues at launch as well. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised EA would launch a game in such a sad state?

Sounds like the PC version has even bigger launch issues:

Good god do I hate modern gaming sometimes. I rarely get things at launch because of the prices but this sort of thing doesn't help.

Good god do I hate modern gaming sometimes. I rarely get things at launch because of the prices but this sort of thing doesn't help.

Even the PS5 version is suffering some issues, including crashes. Apparently "performance mode" is anything but, though "quality mode" works better at a closer to stable 30 FPS. I agree that these games are getting out of control - finish it before you ship it!

Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom Hours Extended in May 2023

Disney’s Hollywood Studios will continue to open at 8:30 a.m. daily. From May 14 through May 20, it will be open an extra hour until 10:00 p.m.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom will open an hour early on Sunday, May 14 (Mother’s Day) and on Saturday, May 20, at 8:00 a.m. Early entry for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests will begin at 7:30 a.m. The park will close at 7:00 p.m.
So strange though that HS is open more hours than MK

Same here. Modern gaming has gotten so bad that I wait 10-12 months before buying any AAA game. The bugs + performance issues will be fixed, maybe some DLC will have been released and the game will cost $20-30.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter