Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Then how would that be any different than a park reservation?
It wouldn’t be really. I can just see them saying they got rid of the reservation system however if you want the cheaper date specific tickets you will need to pick a park each day when you buy the tickets. I can even imagine them selling parks at different prices per day. Like MK being more expensive than other parks. Guess I’m just pessimistic with all the changes lately. 🤣

It wouldn’t be really. I can just see them saying they got rid of the reservation system however if you want the cheaper date specific tickets you will need to pick a park each day when you buy the tickets. I can even imagine them selling parks at different prices per day. Like MK being more expensive than other parks. Guess I’m just pessimistic with all the changes lately. 🤣
I think that’s the case (higher prices for certain parks) but for single day admissions.

That was insane! We were there in January 2020 and I want to say it was around 5:30 am people were arriving at DHS since you had to tap in (whatever time it was, we were some of them!) It was packed trying to get in for a BG. And I remember having to delete any family and friends who were not on the trip since you had to scroll through and click only those were who going to ride. So stressful, lol.
I was one of those people. Not happy being on a Disney bus at 5.15 am I can tell you.

So it appears the new version of the DDP will be even worse than the previous. Hopefully people realize that since I'm sure it's not going to be cheaper for less food. It was so nice being able to get pretty much anything but Space 220 the last two trips we've had without it being offered.

So it appears the new version of the DDP will be even worse than the previous. Hopefully people realize that since I'm sure it's not going to be cheaper for less food. It was so nice being able to get pretty much anything but Space 220 the last two trips we've had without it being offered.
Yeah at this point it’s wait and see how much it will cost in comparison to 2019/early 2020.

If I want to participate in the DDP and have an AP, do I "save" the package ticket for future use? Can I utilize that ticket to reduce the amount of my AP renewal?

I have enjoyed being able to get a restaurant reservation our last few trips without much trouble….that will disappear once the Dining Plan resumes. There’s so much pent up demand for a dining plan, Disney can charge whatever they want and people will pay it even if it makes no sense. I remember how good the food and service was before the first dining plan was ever introduced and how quickly things deteriorated. Not good for any of us. I’m guessing that will happen again.

Aren't they already doing this with single day tickets?

The dining plan has never been a good value for guests. You're paying for the convenience of not having to plan meals. Personally I found that the dining plan really impacted food quality. Some restaurants serve inedible gunk now. I agree that it'll impact ADRs as well.

I have enjoyed being able to get a restaurant reservation our last few trips without much trouble….that will disappear once the Dining Plan resumes. There’s so much pent up demand for a dining plan, Disney can charge whatever they want and people will pay it even if it makes no sense. I remember how good the food and service was before the first dining plan was ever introduced and how quickly things deteriorated. Not good for any of us. I’m guessing that will happen again.

I LOVED the dining plan - when we had it "free" as part of a promotional deal back in the day. But when we priced it out to pay for out of pocket, it just didn't make financial sense for us. It doesn't particularly line up with the way that we eat, and wasn't going to save us any money. There's a convenience factor that a lot of people like, because it makes it FEEL like an all-inclusive. I get that, and absolutely to each their own.

But for us, we sometimes would prefer an app over dessert, or we don't drink alcohol at lunch but we might like two drinks at dinner.... it just would be wasted on us. To pay the same as we would anyway, just to be limited in how we eat our meals, isn't super appealing. I am much more excited about the elimination of park reservations and the addition of some level of pre-planning with Genie+ than I am about the DP return.

How does it appear to be worse? I've only used it once so I'm still a bit of a novice with it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter