Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Curbing their spending on content could help.
Yes. Spending cuts will help.

I assume a significant reason National Treasure: EoH was cancelled after 1 season had to due with costs. On location shooting = more expensive production budget. Said show met all of TWDC inclusion key demanded demos.

Whereas, Mandolorian & Ashoka & Andor, although has expensive F/X, is not shot on locations. Volume shooting = lesser expensive production budget.

DLP is currently expanding. They have announced one new area with speculated plans for another. They are well underway with the first expansion. I think it is Frozen Land.

View attachment 759984

j

Yes, they have been doing substantial work in Studios for years, and have already announced Frozen land.

What I'm talking about Iger stating they are looking at FUTURE "growth expansions at OUR parks". Not what they have already planned but what will be discussed for the future. I think DLP is the most logical park for them to heavily invest in, and it has enough land to actually include a 3rd park.

Are they going to make another attempt at building a park in Virginia?

I'd be willing to bet money on that as a no.

The last park discussed was not a theme park like WDW. It was a American History Park. To do a WDW style park they would need much milder weather. And they would not build similar so close for it to cannibalize WDW.

Last edited:
Yes, they have been doing substantial work in Studios for years, and have already announced Frozen land.

What I'm talking about Iger stating they are looking at FUTURE "growth expansions at OUR parks". Not what they have already planned but what will be discussed for the future. I think DLP is the most logical park for them to heavily invest in, and it has enough land to actually include a 3rd park.
Tbf Studios probably needed it the most out of all of the parks around the world. That place was borderline Six Flags.

Tbf Studios probably needed it the most out of all of the parks around the world. That place was borderline Six Flags.
Yes. I have not been but DS has and he was beyond disappointed with it. But raved about the DL park. He was going back last summer but opted to wait until Studios was complete. But as they come to righting the wrong there ~ I could totally see a huge investment potentially a third park. There is the land for it, they pull from a wide area even US since cost not much different. Disney now fully owns it. It really could be a top park destination worldwide.

We were going in 2021 but after COVID cancelled our 2020 schedule for travel to DL, it really pushed back. BUT it was going to be half a week at DLP and half a week in Paris. The trains make it all so easy to do. Having Paris right there really makes that park very attractive.

I went to the park years ago and thought it was terrible. It's hands down, no exaggeration the worst Disney park in the world. I have no desire to go back, even with the new Avengers Campus. DLP was very nice though the food was awful.

Yes. I have not been but DS has and he was beyond disappointed with it. But raved about the DL park. He was going back last summer but opted to wait until Studios was complete. But as they come to righting the wrong there ~ I could totally see a huge investment potentially a third park. There is the land for it, they pull from a wide area even US since cost not much different. Disney now fully owns it. It really could be a top park destination worldwide.

We were going in 2021 but after COVID cancelled our 2020 schedule for travel to DL, it really pushed back. BUT it was going to be half a week at DLP and half a week in Paris. The trains make it all so easy to do. Having Paris right there really makes that park very attractive.

I went to the park years ago and thought it was terrible. It's hands down, no exaggeration the worst Disney park in the world. I have no desire to go back, even with the new Avengers Campus. DLP was very nice though the food was awful.

I haven't been yet, but I have relatives in the UK and France who have been and every single one said the same thing. DLP great except for the food, Studios awful. My partner and I will be taking a cruise next year and we have a RCCL out of Southampton on our shortlist, if we end up doing that one we will most likely stay an extra week in Paris afterwards and head to DLP (Le Havre is a stop on the cruise but it's terrible because it's so far from Paris, it's not like Piraeus for Athens or even Civitavecchia for Rome).

2023 Eat to the Beat Concert Series at EPCOT

The Eat to the Beat Concert Series presented by Florida Blue Medicare is bringing the heat to the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE starting July 27. Here is a first look at the lineup of artists bringing sizzling sounds to the America Gardens Theatre!

Fan-favorites like Sheila E. and Hanson are ready to serve up hits once again while festival newcomers Orianthi, Phillip Phillips, The Bacon Brothers, We The Kings and more bring new flavor to this year’s menu of talent. Speaking of talent, local bands will take the stage Tuesday-Thursday so you can enjoy delicious eats and fun beats all week long! View the full list of announced artists below and keep checking back at TasteEPCOT.com as more acts are revealed!

• July 28-29 – Orianthi (NEW)
  • July 30-31 – For King & Country (NEW)
  • Aug. 4-5 – Southern Avenue
  • Aug. 6-7 – Tiffany
  • Aug. 11-12 – Ruben Studdard with Haley Reinhart
  • Aug. 13-14 – The Bacon Brothers (NEW)
  • Aug. 18-21 – Joey Fatone & Friends
  • Aug. 25-26 – Ayron Jones (NEW)
  • Aug. 27-28 – Phillip Phillips (NEW)
  • Sept. 1-2 – Baha Men
  • Sept. 3-4 – MercyMe
  • Sept. 8-9 – Ray Parker Jr.
  • Sept. 10-11 – Tobymac
  • Sept. 15 – Celebrity Latin Talent
  • Sept. 16 – Celebrity Latin Talent
  • Sept. 17-18 – Raul Acosta and Oro Solido (NEW)
  • Sept. 22-23 – Los Amigos Invisibles
  • Sept. 24-25 – 98 °
  • Sept. 29 – Oct. 2 – Boyz II Men
  • Oct. 6-7 – Mark Wills
  • Oct. 8-9 – Sugar Ray
  • Oct. 13-14 – Hoobastank
  • Oct. 15-16 – Air Supply
  • Oct. 20-21 – Taylor Dayne
  • Oct. 22-23 – Billy Ocean
  • Oct. 27-30 – Hanson
  • Nov. 3-4 – We The Kings (NEW)
  • Nov. 5-6 – Sheila E.
  • Nov. 10-11 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
  • Nov. 12-13 – 38 Special
Beginning July 6, you can secure your spot for these performances with an Eat to the Beat Dining Package. Find out more by visiting TasteEPCOT.com. Keep following the Disney Parks Blog for updates as things heat up around the festival!

I haven't been yet, but I have relatives in the UK and France who have been and every single one said the same thing. DLP great except for the food, Studios awful. My partner and I will be taking a cruise next year and we have a RCCL out of Southampton on our shortlist, if we end up doing that one we will most likely stay an extra week in Paris afterwards and head to DLP (Le Havre is a stop on the cruise but it's terrible because it's so far from Paris, it's not like Piraeus for Athens or even Civitavecchia for Rome).
When I went I didn't do a cruise but spent a week in Paris. My family spent 1 day in DLP and did other excursions to other areas. If I were to ever return, I'd probably do 1 day in DLP and skip Studios. Instead I would go check out Parc Asterix - it's also near Paris and it looks awesome. I would also recommend skipping the table service in DLP and using the money to eat at nicer places in Paris. Guaranteed to get better quality food.

I have to wonder what The Oriental Land Company's spending per guest is compared with other Disney Parks. It's pretty clear that being owned 100% by Disney isn't a clear advantage for Park Guest. Disney Sea is usually at the top of the Park Rankings.... and that doesn't include the huge expansion currently underway.

But DLP was clearly in need of some major investment that the old ownership arrangement was not willing to do.

I have to wonder what The Oriental Land Company's spending per guest is compared with other Disney Parks. It's pretty clear that being owned 100% by Disney isn't a clear advantage for Park Guest. Disney Sea is usually at the top of the Park Rankings.... and that doesn't include the huge expansion currently underway.

But DLP was clearly in need of some major investment that the old ownership arrangement was not willing to do.
I'd love to know that too since OLC has been adding a lot of paid add ons to the parks such as parade viewing, fireworks viewing and even access to shows. Not to mention their version of a paid skip the line service. From what I heard, TDR is a huge locals park (to which the resort has suspended annual passes) so I wonder if locals are buying the add ons or not.

DS had Dining Plan because he was expecting great food being in France. He said it was no different than WDW and wouldn't waste any time in the TS for sure.

Studios is in active build mode, has been for years. This is why I've said it could be the recipient of a large chunk of change because they could add a third park and finish other upgrades last owners' ignored. It has the most potential for change and increase in income.

I know our Governor (Colorado) made an open offer back when all the stuff with DeSantis started. Please, if there is a new park, let it be in CO. Plenty of land and beautiful weather. We are already a travel destination and located centrally to the US. Win, win, win.
Don't you have winter out there, like snow and all? I know when I was there in late March we had snow. Really only California and Florida provide the best overall weather for year round constant crowds. AND I don't think Disney would spend that kind of money on a new full operation.

I'd love to know that too since OLC has been adding a lot of paid add ons to the parks such as parade viewing, fireworks viewing and even access to shows. Not to mention their version of a paid skip the line service. From what I heard, TDR is a huge locals park so I wonder if locals are buying the add ons or not.
DD & DH went to these parks. While they said Disneyland was not much different than MK other than they were surprised the obvious presence of Quick Services and how guests were flocked to them. TokyoSea was highly impressive and they felt very high quality attraction focused. DH worked in Tokyo often and he got the feeling from workmates that it was a locals park very much like Disneyland except these are die hard fans that spend, especially on add ons. Will be interesting to see future short term investment since their attendance was severely cut back due to COVID, unlike WDW.

DS had Dining Plan because he was expecting great food being in France. He said it was no different than WDW and wouldn't waste any time in the TS for sure.

Studios is in active build mode, has been for years. This is why I've said it could be the recipient of a large chunk of change because they could add a third park and finish other upgrades last owners' ignored. It has the most potential for change and increase in income.

Don't you have winter out there, like snow and all? I know when I was there in late March we had snow. Really only California and Florida provide the best overall weather for year round constant crowds. AND I don't think Disney would spend that kind of money on a new full operation.

DD & DH went to these parks. While they said Disneyland was not much different than MK other than they were surprised the obvious presence of Quick Services and how guests were flocked to them. TokyoSea was highly impressive and they felt very high quality attraction focused. DH worked in Tokyo often and he got the feeling from workmates that it was a locals park very much like Disneyland except these are die hard fans that spend, especially on add ons. Will be interesting to see future short term investment since their attendance was severely cut back due to COVID, unlike WDW.
I've been to those parks too and definitely noticed that the guests are WAY more hardcore about Disney than in the states. I also remember waiting almost an hour just to order food in Disneysea due to the line being so long. That was before the pandemic so that's why I'm curious as to the current spending habits of locals post Covid and with the addition of more paid add ons.

I've been to those parks too and definitely noticed that the guests are WAY more hardcore about Disney than in the states. I also remember waiting almost an hour just to order food in Disneysea due to the line being so long. That was before the pandemic so that's why I'm curious as to the current spending habits of locals post Covid and with the addition of more paid add ons.
Maybe the best way to guess how much guests are now spending ... how many different popcorn buckets do they offer. Those are huge sellers there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter