Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Beautiful weather? I mean it's sunny, but way too windy and it could snow in Sept. or May. I lived in Colorado Springs for over a decade and my sisters/mom still live there so we go back frequently. It's fine and the sun is great, but not nice enough for an outdoor resort. Can you imagine trying to swim there any time but summer? Too cold for me.

Colorado Springs is in the Palmer Divide so weather can happen there and not in Denver. Winds also impact the foothills. I was thinking east of Denver, into the plains. And, we are an arid climate. Spring snow usually impacts the Palmer Divide and the foothills, not the plains. Even if it does, it melts right away. I live in the foothills and woke up to six inches of snow the other day. By 4:00 it was all gone. Denver had no snow. And we do not get the monsoonal rain falls every day during the summer that Orlando gets. Temps in the plains are in the 90s during summer and high 40's during the winter. Before you say that's cold, consider the fact that we have very low humidity so it's dry. So cold here is very different than cold in Orlando. I will go out in the 30's here in a spirit jersey. I went to WDW in January once and had to buy hoodies to layer all of us because it was so much colder than Colorado, even though the temperature was higher. The humidity made it feel colder. Just did a quick internet search and Denver has on average 15 days of snow per year. Orlando on average has 122 days of rain. Denver has 300 days of sunshine a year! That's more than Miami.

Disney World Extends Theme Park Hours in Late May & Early June

Magic Kingdom

• May 22, 25-27, 30-31: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • June 2: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)

EPCOT

No changes

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• May 21-25: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9:30pm (previously 8:30am to 9pm)
  • May 26-28: Park hours extended 8:30am to 10pm (previously 8:30am to 9pm)
  • May 29 – June 3: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9:30pm (previously 8:30am to 9pm)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• May 21, 26: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • May 27: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)

Just did a quick internet search and Denver has on average 15 days of snow per year. Orlando on average has 122 days of rain. Denver has 300 days of sunshine a year! That's more than Miami.
SOLD!

I love the Colorado area, but from a Disney perspective, it isn't close enough to the East Coast population centers.

j

Disney Night on ‘American Idol’ – LIVE Coast To Coast Sunday on ABC

It’s the most magical night of the year on “American Idol”! This Sunday, the Top 5 contestants will take on fan-favorite Disney hits in hopes of making it to the finale, and they traveled to Disneyland Resort earlier this week to prepare for their Disney Night performances. Even the all-star judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie, as well as host Ryan Seacrest, got to join in the fun from Pixar Pier with Mickey Mouse in front of “World of Color.”
SOFIA CARSON, WÉ ANI

Throughout their visit to the Disneyland Resort, the contestants enjoyed thrilling attractions, meeting iconic characters, enjoying favorite snacks, and stocking up on fun merchandise, all helping them bring even more magic to the timeless Disney song they’ll sing live on the show. It was a family affair as the five contestants were joined by their moms, in honor of Mother’s Day on Sunday. Not only did they explore both parks with their families, the contestants also had the special opportunity to meet with celebrity mentor and singer-songwriter Sofia Carson for their one-on-one coaching in New Orleans Square at Disneyland park. We’re giving you a special look below at the fun had around the Disneyland Resort.
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912a.jpg
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912b.jpg
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912c.jpg
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912d.jpg
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912e.jpg
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912f.jpg
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912g.jpg
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912h.jpg
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912i.jpg
  • 38ryo1tgbygk78gdrtt364912j.jpg
There is even more magic in store during “American Idol” this Sunday. In this special “Disney Night” episode, Halle Bailey performs “Part of Your World” from Disney’s upcoming movie “The Little Mermaid,” and Sara Bareilles will open the show with a special rendition of the Disney100 song “When You Wish Upon a Star.” This will be a Disney Night to remember!
Tune in LIVE coast to coast, Sunday at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on ABC, and vote for your favorite contestants to make it to the finale!

Disney World Extends Theme Park Hours in Late May & Early June

Magic Kingdom

• May 22, 25-27, 30-31: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)
  • June 2: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 10pm)

EPCOT

No changes

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• May 21-25: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9:30pm (previously 8:30am to 9pm)
  • May 26-28: Park hours extended 8:30am to 10pm (previously 8:30am to 9pm)
  • May 29 – June 3: Park hours extended 8:30am to 9:30pm (previously 8:30am to 9pm)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• May 21, 26: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • May 27: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
Glad for this but still strikes me as odd that they're not having 2 Fantasmic shows on Memorial Day itself. I'm glad we get the opportunity for an earlier show on our arrival night but I was hoping for 2 shows on 5/30. :(

Anyone know if you can link your friends & family in the Disneyland app like you can Disney World my Disney experience?

2023 Eat to the Beat Concert Series at EPCOT

The Eat to the Beat Concert Series presented by Florida Blue Medicare is bringing the heat to the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by CORKCICLE starting July 27

• July 28-29 – Orianthi (NEW)

Gotta say I'm pretty jealous for the folks that get to catch Orianthi in EPCOT. She's one the greatest guitarists around and I can only imagine how pumped she can get an opening weekend F&W crowd ...

Once of my favorite raw Orianthi videos of her covering Hendrix

Gotta say I'm pretty jealous for the folks that get to catch Orianthi in EPCOT. She's one the greatest guitarists around and I can only imagine how pumped she can get an opening weekend F&W crowd ...

Once of my favorite raw Orianthi videos of her covering Hendrix

Pretty impressive. First I’ve heard of her.

I only ate quick service there and the burger I had was so bad I wished I was eating Cosmic Ray's instead.

Seeing as how it is bare reinforced concrete, sure. Let's wait and see what it looks like when it is done.

I don't remember the food at DLP being terrible, but (a) I was not expecting parisian dining and (b) it's been a decade or so since I was last there. I do remember Casey's being "wrong".
I was just at DLP fora New Years' trip. I'd say the table service can be good, or even pretty good (Walt restaurant), though there are some misses (the pirates restaurant).
So maybe it's the quick serve that is so bad. Didn't try it.

I'm going to DLP next month (1st time). I've been following the DLP forum for quite awhile and the local perception (mostly English with some others scattered around Europe) is the sit down restaurants are mediocre, especially compared to WDW restaurants. They prefer the quick/counter service places.

I'll let you know in 31 more days. :)

j

I was just at DLP fora New Years' trip. I'd say the table service can be good, or even pretty good (Walt restaurant), though there are some misses (the pirates restaurant).
The last time I was in DLP was in 2013 so back then the quick service was trash but maybe it's way better now. I just know that if I'm in Paris I'd rather spend the money on amazing restaurants in the city than on restaurants in a Disney park. Felt the same way for Tokyo Disneyland too btw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter