Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

That's because DFB bought Allears a few years ago, I've found them to be in a clickbait spiral ever since. Allears' youtube channel has pretty much tanked since Molly left and started Mammoth club, their subscriber numbers are high but their video hits are really low. I tend to avoid both DFB and Allears now unless I'm specifically searching out information on a particular restaurant/ride/hotel/etc.
I actually really like some of the new Allears videos. I think some of their concepts are really fun. They’re a bit hit or miss - some are boring- but the good ones are really good. I love Mammoth Club too, but mainly their Orlando/DCL content - don’t care much for most of the museum/exhibit tours.

That's because DFB bought Allears a few years ago, I've found them to be in a clickbait spiral ever since. Allears' youtube channel has pretty much tanked since Molly left and started Mammoth club, their subscriber numbers are high but their video hits are really low. I tend to avoid both DFB and Allears now unless I'm specifically searching out information on a particular restaurant/ride/hotel/etc.
I agree 100%

Biergarten Dance Floor Closing for Refurbishment in July at EPCOT

Disney World has announced that they will be conducting a refurbishment of the Biergarten dance floor in July. The restaurant will remain open and live music will still be available. Here’s the announcement:

From July 17 to July 28, the dance floor at Biergarten Restaurant will be closed for refurbishment. The restaurant will remain open, and live music will still be available for your enjoyment.

biergarten-review-germany-epcot-02202019-4-1024x682.jpg

Disney CEO Bob Iger & Josh D’Amaro Visit Shanghai Disneyland for 7th Anniversary

Two Disney executives recently visited Shanghai Disneyland for its 7th anniversary!

CEO Bob Iger and Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro visited for the celebration.

Scouting for Shanghai Disney began in 1999 but the park didn’t open until 2016. Iger was involved in the project the entire time.

FyDXlEiacAASSZ1
Are they related? Lol. Anyone else notice they have the exact same nose? Or am I the only crazy one here? Haha

Disney Visa Cardmember Exclusive Meet & Greet with Darth Vader Returns to Hollywood Studios

Guests who have a Disney Visa debit or credit card can skip the line to meet Darth Vader with an exclusive photo opportunity in the Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

The cardmember-exclusive meet and greet returned within the last month after being suspended since March 2020.

Guests with a Disney Visa debit or credit card can find the Darth Vader meet and greet in the Star Wars Launch Bay, down a hallway to the right of the BB-8 meet and greet. Guests simply have to show their Disney Visa card and then it’s down a few hallways to the exclusive Darth Vader meet and greet.

One of the bonuses of the Disney Visa Cardmember meet and greet, beyond the very short wait times, is that there is an actual PhotoPass photographer at the location, and not a Disney PhotoPass automated box like the normal Darth Vader meet and greet.

darth-vader-disney-visa-cardmember-meet-greet-june-2023-1.jpg

Disney Visa Cardmember Exclusive Meet & Greet with Darth Vader Returns to Hollywood Studios

Guests who have a Disney Visa debit or credit card can skip the line to meet Darth Vader with an exclusive photo opportunity in the Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

The cardmember-exclusive meet and greet returned within the last month after being suspended since March 2020.

Guests with a Disney Visa debit or credit card can find the Darth Vader meet and greet in the Star Wars Launch Bay, down a hallway to the right of the BB-8 meet and greet. Guests simply have to show their Disney Visa card and then it’s down a few hallways to the exclusive Darth Vader meet and greet.

One of the bonuses of the Disney Visa Cardmember meet and greet, beyond the very short wait times, is that there is an actual PhotoPass photographer at the location, and not a Disney PhotoPass automated box like the normal Darth Vader meet and greet.

darth-vader-disney-visa-cardmember-meet-greet-june-2023-1.jpg
We used to have Disney Visa and still have the expired card with Yoda. They let us in with it :)

Ubisoft's Star Wars: Outlaws Open World Game Trailer

No gameplay shown, so will it be more Far Cry or Assassins' Creed style? But from the trailer it looks like it takes place between 'Empire' and 'Return of the Jedi' and involves the crime syndicates ... Crimson Dawn, Black Sun, Pykes, Hutts etc ...

Last edited:
Ubisoft's Star Wars: Outlaws Open World Game Trailer

No gameplay shown, so will it be more Far Cry or Assassins' Creed style? But from the trailer it looks like it takes place between 'Empire' and 'Return of the Jedi' and involves the crime syndicates ... Crimson Dawn, Black Sun, Pykes, Hutts etc ...
Im a big fan of Ubisoft as a developer. I think some of the stories they’ve come up with Far Cry (like 5 and 3) were fantastic and some of the AC stories over the years have been great as well. Usually solid, though a bit repetitive, gameplay. I’m excited for this one

Im a big fan of Ubisoft as a developer. I think some of the stories they’ve come up with Far Cry (like 5 and 3) were fantastic and some of the AC stories over the years have been great as well. Usually solid, though a bit repetitive, gameplay. I’m excited for this one

The story does look good, but I can't stand game trailers with no gameplay. I will reserve judgemnet until we've seen that. It's supposed to be later today, which is why I really don't understand the point in releasing the cinematic only trailer.

However, their lack of dates on articles is so frustrating!
If there are no dates on an article I usually don't read it. It really has no value if it isn't dated and clearly current. What it says to me is that the site doesn't plan on keeping things current and just depend on old news to drive their site.

I will look at some pictures of things that I know have not changed for a different view but that is about it.

The story does look good, but I can't stand game trailers with no gameplay. I will reserve judgemnet until we've seen that. It's supposed to be later today, which is why I really don't understand the point in releasing the cinematic only trailer.
Many studios release trailers without gameplay because they don't have any gameplay to show. That was the case with Anthem from Bioware. Ubisoft especially is very guilty of doing this.

Many studios release trailers without gameplay because they don't have any gameplay to show. That was the case with Anthem from Bioware. Ubisoft especially is very guilty of doing this.

Yeah, but they're apparently showing gameplay today, so the do have it. Personally, I don't think they should even announce a game until they have at least some gameplay to show.

Yeah, but they're apparently showing gameplay today, so the do have it. Personally, I don't think they should even announce a game until they have at least some gameplay to show.
I mean I agree but these studios know that gamers will preorder it regardless of gameplay is shown or not. Even a 2 second pre-rendered clip or just a title will get people to buy into it.

If there are no dates on an article I usually don't read it. It really has no value if it isn't dated and clearly current. What it says to me is that the site doesn't plan on keeping things current and just depend on old news to drive their site.

I will look at some pictures of things that I know have not changed for a different view but that is about it.
They do have the date in the web address for the article, but I do agree it's annoying they don't put it on the page itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter