• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

The former Steakhouse 55 at Disneyland Hotel is being converted into a flexible lounge space, which will sometimes operate as an extension of a seasonal bar. There are no plans to bring back Steakhouse 55. Work is set to begin today - including removal of the marquee.

Scott Gustin Twitter
This is really sad. I had a wonderful breakfast here the last time I was at DL. I would rather have another sit down restaurant than a "flexible" lounge space but maybe I'm in the minority here.

The former Steakhouse 55 at Disneyland Hotel is being converted into a flexible lounge space, which will sometimes operate as an extension of a seasonal bar. There are no plans to bring back Steakhouse 55. Work is set to begin today - including removal of the marquee.

Scott Gustin Twitter

Honestly I'm not sure how any Steakhouse is making it the last couple years.

Was the entire series of the oc so I bought it like 15 or 16 years ago since it premiered 20 years ago. Feel like it should have lasted better. You can almost see base plastic it's like the part that held the data was rubbed off. Haven't had issues with other DVDs.

This is called "laser rot" and is when the substrates start to seperate making the disc impossible to read. It was a fairly common problem with Laser Discs back in the day, though most DVDs were supposed to last longer. Some of the writeable discs did suffer from that too.

Honestly I'm not sure how any Steakhouse is making it the last couple years.
$65 for a steak that costs $18 is how they have done it. I know, I pay it all the time when I am there because I love a good steak. I actually can get the same steak for $12-15 here in the midwest but know they are a tad higher down there.

Some new entertainment offerings for MNSSHP

Halloween, Fall Must-Do’s at Walt Disney World
Here’s a shriek peek at what’s new this year:

New Eerie-sistable Entertainment:

• Adventureland will be taken over by a spirited pirate band and their crew. Be sure to listen for their sea shanties while their shipmates roam the land sharing tales of their explorations at sea.
  • Get ready for even more chances to “Stand Out” with Max Goof and his Powerline party pack at new pop-up parties throughout Magic Kingdom before this popular crew dances onto Main Street U.S.A. ahead of Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade.
  • The Seven Dwarfs will be returning to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Even if you are a little bashful, stop by and say hello! They’ll be happy to see you.
  • Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade will be more villainous than ever, with favorite foes Ursula, Cruella de Vil, the Queen of Hearts and the newly announced Sanderson Sisters Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Clarabell joining the frightful finale.

We’re heading to Disney tomorrow. Never seen the fall decor, quite surprised it is out already.

This cracks me up. We’re just 1 month 1 week into summer with 60% of it to go 😂 I guess it’s the same when Halloween officially ends Fall after just 5 weeks.
Disney’s “Summer” period starts Memorial Day Weekend when a good chunk of the local region starts their summer breaks from school. They also start going back to school next week.

Some new entertainment offerings for MNSSHP

Halloween, Fall Must-Do’s at Walt Disney World
Here’s a shriek peek at what’s new this year:

New Eerie-sistable Entertainment:

• Adventureland will be taken over by a spirited pirate band and their crew. Be sure to listen for their sea shanties while their shipmates roam the land sharing tales of their explorations at sea.
  • Get ready for even more chances to “Stand Out” with Max Goof and his Powerline party pack at new pop-up parties throughout Magic Kingdom before this popular crew dances onto Main Street U.S.A. ahead of Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade.
  • The Seven Dwarfs will be returning to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Even if you are a little bashful, stop by and say hello! They’ll be happy to see you.
  • Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade will be more villainous than ever, with favorite foes Ursula, Cruella de Vil, the Queen of Hearts and the newly announced Sanderson Sisters Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Clarabell joining the frightful finale.
Does this mean there's no Dr. Facilier in the parade? Makes me wonder where he will be since they were training him at International Gateway not all that long ago.

I remember when they brought out the fall decor in early September. We went twice in late August and no fall decor. One trip we left the Sunday before Labor Day and it went up on our final day in the parks.

Earlier MNSSHP means earlier fall decor.

Halloween is a big money maker for theme parks (Disney and Universal). I'm not surprised that Disney wants to get the Halloween season rolling but even a massive spooky season fan like me can admit that Halloween decorations in late July is a little much.....

I do drink pumpkin spice coffee year round though ;)

The Friendship Boat with the new color scheme, #8, is in service today in the Epcot lagoon.

Also, only managers have gotten to preview the Journey of Water walk through so far. No word on when regular cast members will, so I’m guessing won’t open until end of August, or sometime in September.
My Minnie Van driver today (good as a bus driver, right?) told us that he heard CMs were still going on and then in a late August/early Sept DVC/AP, and then the opening would coincide with Epcot’s birthday - or maybe a week or so before the actual date. Grain of salt.

I do hope Disney keeps physical media going in the US at least. I collect the Disney Animation and Pixar films on steelbook 4K from Best Buy. They always do a limited run during the initial home video release of a movie on special steelbook packaging, and I love the artwork on the steelbooks. Plus, playing 4K content from physical media is better than via streaming if you want the best audio and visual experience possible. But I know not everyone cares about that.

Also, there are all the bonus features that aren't usually available on Disney+, like the making-of documentaries, deleted scenes, etc. Sometimes they are on D+, but not everything that the blu-ray/4K format brings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter