• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I mean I don’t think being in the target audience determines whether I like a movie or not and I certainly like things that weren’t targeted towards me. I don’t personally enjoy this one but that doesn’t mean I think no one outside of the target audience could. For me it was just a little too high energy, dramatic teenager which at this point in time is less entertaining to me than it has been at other times. Doesn’t mean I think no one who isn’t a high energy dramatic teen will like it, just happens to be why I didn’t. So less a case where I think everyone outside the target will dislike it but that some people outside the target may not connect with it. Everyone is different.
I think the point was that it's reasonable to expect that folks who aren't the target audience might not connect with something. Not that ppl outside that audience can't like it. Otherwise there would be no DIS considering none of us adults are the target for Disney movies hahaa

considering none of us adults are the target for Disney movies hahaa
Whoa whoa whoa. Gonna need to (very respectfully) stop you right there 😄 🙃
Walt wanted animation to be recognized for the art form that it is. He said repeatedly that animated movies are not kid movies. Just like with Disneyland, they're for all ages to enjoy. Everyone is the target demographic in some way. ❤️

Walt wanted animation to be recognized for the art form that it is. He said repeatedly that animated movies are not kid movies. Just like with Disneyland, they're for all ages to enjoy. Everyone is the target demographic in some way. ❤️

I'd give you a million likes if I could!

Well, when you put it that way who am I to argue with Walt?

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin reveals 2023 Food and Wine Classic menu

All-new dishes include:

• Red chile chicken taco with avocado, tomatillo, pico de gallo and queso fresco on corn tortillas from Rosa Mexicano
  • Smoked American Lamb: Hand crafted lamb, smoked cumin and harissa barbeque sauce, roasted black pepper and date puree and pickled mustard greens from Smokin' D's BBQ
  • Gorgonzola cheese filled agnolotti with spiced pear, walnuts, nasturtium and 'Nduja vinaigrette from Il Mulino
  • Tonnarelli Pasta: House-made tonnarelli pasta, steamed baby clams, roasted tomato sauce, Calabrian chili and guanciale from Amare
  • Congee: Slow-cooked rice porridge, shrimp dumpling, fried shallot, green onion, garlic, and crispy chili flakes from China Town pop-up

Shula’s Steakhouse​

Friday:
Roasted Linz Heritage Black Angus Beef Tenderloin, Potato Puree, Pearl Onion, Dijon Mustard, Cognac Sauce
Saturday:
Roasted Linz Heritage Black Angus Beef Tenderloin, Potato Puree, Pearl Onion, Dijon Mustard, Cognac Sauce

Smokin’ D’s BBQ​

Friday:
Smoked American Lamb: Hand Crafted Lamb, Smoked Cumin and Harissa Barbeque Sauce, Roasted Black Pepper and Date Puree, Pickled Mustard Greens
Saturday:
Smoked Beef Rib, Smoked Molasses Barbeque Sauce, Coleslaw, Baked Beans, Tobacco Onions

Todd English Bluezoo​

Friday:
Menu Coming Soon!
Saturday:
Menu Coming Soon!

Cabana Bar and Beach Club​

Friday:
Compressed Late Harvest Watermelon, Spiced Labneh, Marinated Tomatoes, Frisee, Marinated Feta Cheese
Saturday:
Traditional Falafel, Seasoned and Herbed Ground Chick Pea, Warm Naan, Tzatziki Sauce, Tomato, Parsley

The Fountain​

Friday:
Beef Sliders: Hand Formed Angus Beef Patty, Truffle Aioli, Smoked Bacon, Roma Tomato Chutney
Saturday:
Grilled Chicken BLT: Marinated Chicken, Hellman’s Mayonnaise, Crisp Bacon, Iceberg Lettuce, Roma Tomato, Brioche Bun, Frieda’s Macaroni Salad

Il Mulino​

Friday:
Gorgonzola Cheese Filled Agnolotti, Spiced Pear, Walnuts, Nasturtium, NJuda Vinaigrette
Saturday:
Baked Ricotta Cheese Custard, Carrot2, Radish, Tomato, Pine Nut “Gremolata”

Kimonos​

Friday:
Kimonos Roll: Ahi Tuna, Yellowtail, Sustainable Salmon, Wasabi Mayonnaise
Saturday:
Dragon Roll: Crispy Shrimp, Yellowfin Tuna, Haas Avocado, Kewpie Mayonnaise

Amare​

Friday:
Polpetti: Tomato Braised Lamb and Beef Meatball, Crispy potato, Saffron Aioli, Toasted Pine Nut Crumble
Saturday:
Tonnarelli Pasta: House-Made Tonnarelli Pasta, Steamed Baby Clams, Roasted Tomato Sauce, Calabrian Chili, Guanciale

Garden Grove​

Friday:
Sautéed Atlantic Salmon, Celery Root Puree, Crispy Sprouts
Saturday:
“Shakshuka” Horseradish ~ Dijon Cream Sauce

Picabu​

Friday:
Red Wine Braised Beef, New Potatoes, Field Mushrooms, Organic Vegetables, Egg Noodles
Saturday:
Quinoa Bowl:Toasted Organic Quinoa, Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower, Roasted Cherry Tomato, Red Onion, Pepperoncini, Lemon Rosemary Chicken

Rosa Mexicano​

Friday and Saturday:
Tacos:
Red Chile Chicken, Avocado, Tomatillo, Pico de Gallo, Queso Fresco, Corn Tortillas
Roasted Mushroom: Plancha Roasted Shiitake, Cremini and Oyster Mushrooms, Pasilla Chile, Green Apple Slaw, Sliced Avocado, Queso Fresco, Mint, Corn Tortillas

China Town​

Friday and Saturday:
Pan Seared Vegan Dumpling, Spicy Sauce
Shu Mein: Shanghai Noodle, Braised Tofu, Shiitake Mushroom, Bamboo, Vegan Broth
Congee: Slow Cooked Rice Porage, Shrimp Dumpling, Fried Shallot, Green Onion, Garlic, Crispy Chili Flakes
Gua Bao: Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pork Belly, Pickled Cucumber, Red Chile, Toasted Sesame, Hot Sauce

For The Love Of Florida​

Friday and Saturday:
Seminole Pumpkin Fry Bread: Pumpkin Flavored Fry Bread, Powdered Sugar, Warm Pumpkin Spice Sauce
Grilled Florida Oysters: House Made Kumquat Hot Sauce, Shallot Butter Tarpon Springs Greek Salad: Romaine Lettuce, Greek Dressing, Kalamata Olives, Pickled Beet, Potato Salad
Butter Poached Bay Scallops: Florida Corn Puree, Charred Scallion Vinaigrette, Radish Threads, Shallot Butter

Beer Garden​

Friday and Saturday:
Poached Potato Dumpling: Poached Potato Dumpling Caramelized Onion Puree, Browned Butter, Crispy Bacon
Crispy Buffalo Wings: Hot Sauce, Celery Sticks, Blue Cheese Dressing Crispy Cauliflower: Sweet and Spicy Thai Chili Sauce Shoyu
Yert’s Boiled Peanuts

Carnival Corner​

Friday and Saturday:
Creamy Jalapeno Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon and Crab
Truffled Marble Potatoes: Locatelli Cheese, Soft Herbs, “Shake and
Bake Seasoning”
Italian Beef: Slow Cooked Sliced Linz Heritage Angus Beef Rib-Eye, Soft Roll, Giardiniera

Pastry​

Friday:
Triple Chocolate Cherry Ring Flambé, Kirschwasser Chocolate Sauce, Caramelized Sesame Ice Cream
Pera Pecan Praline Cake, Black Fig Compote
Blood Orange Raspberry Tart
Wild Strawberry Lemon Verbena Eclair
70% Single Origin Peruvian Chocolate Mousse, Mango-Passion Fruit Gel
Saturday:
Triple Chocolate Cherry Ring Flambé, Kirschwasser Chocolate Sauce, Caramelized Sesame Ice Cream
Pera Pecan Praline Cake, Black Fig Compote
Blood Orange Raspberry Tart
Wild Strawberry Lemon Verbena Eclair
70% Single Origin Peruvian Chocolate Mousse, Mango~Passion Fruit Gel

Ok, is it just me or is it very sad that they didn't include Bruno at all in their family tree?? I know they were not talking about him but did they have to erase him from existence??

That’s what I said too! Poor Bruno!

That's the first thing that I noticed too...
IDK if the tree is continuity from a point in the story, laziness, or if the area is just incomplete. Bruno is portrayed as a child.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 10.20.29 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter