Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Walt Disney World launches new seasonal Water Park Pass

Disney has launched a water park seasonal pass for the Walt Disney World water parks priced at $79 for adults, and $73 for ages 3-9.

The new Disney Water Park Seasonal Pass gives you access to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach (whichever is open) now through May 24, 2024.
Gee, might be nice if they were both open!
Sounds like folks aren't buying the WP add on and locals are not adding to their AP. Needing to throw some "special" pass out there to try to draw some locals in. I know we dropped it off the AP when they neglected to open Blizzard. Aside from we prefer it, if I'm paying for the add on or AP for waterparks I want them both an option in hotter times of year.

My hope is that since this Seasonal Pass only lasts until the end of May that at that point, we will be back to old programming. Blizzard will be done the work they are doing, both will be open for summer, locals can buy WP APs again and it will be worth the added cost of the add on to other tickets.

They play on a loop but I'm not sure if it plays after fireworks? IMO, best viewed in front near the entry (inside the park, between the fountain and the exit). The music is piped in, and the lights surrounding you will change. The music can't be heard around the park.

I'm not sure how long the loop is currently; I camp out there and watch them all until they loop back around. It's my very favorite nighttime show right now :laughing:

Same! First time I was there during the 50th celebration, I just stood there and watched for at least half an hour, it's so beautiful!

They have onboard motors and are moveable. It also doesn’t seem as glaringly awful as the Tacos and Stargate were.
I really don’t think they will be moving them. I’m pretty sure there will be eight of them and there’s no place to park them backstage.

Oh gawd I hope they don't stick around all day, didn't Disney learn from all the complaints about Harmounious?
If only they could figure out some way to make them look like they are part of the scenery and not a big pile of metal. I agree they HAVE to be better than the monstrosity that they replace, but if they can't be removed, can't they be somehow camouflaged?

Guess we have to wait until they are all in place before we know what they will look like during the day.

I agree they HAVE to be better than the monstrosity that they replace, but if they can't be removed, can't they be somehow camouflaged?
Well since these barges don’t have the LED screens that the Harmonius barges did maybe they will be able to have them run fountains during the day like they initially planned for Harmonius.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter