Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Meanwhile at Disneyland Paris:
"First look at concept art for a new “Casey’s Corner” covered terrace, as part of Disneyland Paris efforts to further protect guests from the weather conditions. The project will also include a new kiosk nearby for the meet and greets:"
1697043141787.png
DLP Report On Twitter
"And a sneak peek at the next projects on the Disneyland Paris weather shielding improvements: covering of the Tower of Terror “Rose Garden” and Peter Pan’s Flight queue:"
1697043195477.png
DLP Report On Twitter

Meanwhile at Disneyland Paris:
"First look at concept art for a new “Casey’s Corner” covered terrace, as part of Disneyland Paris efforts to further protect guests from the weather conditions. The project will also include a new kiosk nearby for the meet and greets:"
View attachment 801080
DLP Report On Twitter
"And a sneak peek at the next projects on the Disneyland Paris weather shielding improvements: covering of the Tower of Terror “Rose Garden” and Peter Pan’s Flight queue:"
View attachment 801081
DLP Report On Twitter

We need this at WDW.

4 New Dining Options Revealed for New Parkside Market, More Coming to Downtown Disney District

More delightful and delicious things are coming to Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort! As we previously shared, we have so much for you to enjoy now and even more distinctive dining and entertainment settings coming in the future. We’re committed to bringing you fresh, new, innovative experiences to make every visit special. So, let’s take a look at the latest, including plans for the new Parkside Market, plus a new stage and lawn, and more!

Announcing Plans for Parkside Market!

We are thrilled to tell you about more innovative food and drink offerings coming to Downtown Disney in the future! Plans are underway for Parkside Market, a new, curated collection of diverse culinary concepts brought to life by Levy, with all four offerings under one roof as part of the expansion on the west end. Let’s whet your appetite with a bit more about what offerings are coming to this all-new location!

i2837ythg2uyuhi2neily8g1NDTDF484971-1024x487.jpeg

• Seoul Sister is a fast-casual modern eatery that will serve a Korean-forward menu based on bibimbap (Korean rice bowls) with a California twist. Executive Chef Kelly Kim will showcase bold Korean flavors through marinated meats, colorful vegetables and savory sauces over rice, noodles or salad, plus appetizers, an Asian-inspired breakfast menu, and hand-crafted drinks.
i2837ythg2uyuhi2neily8g1NDTDF484972.jpg

• Sip & Sonder, from founders Amanda-Jane Thomas and Shanita Nicholas, is a Black women-owned brand that has been recognized as one of the best cafés in L.A. by the Los Angeles Times. Guests in the district can expect to enjoy Sip & Sonder’s signature lattes, as well as fresh treats, frozen drinks and Caribbean-inspired bites.
i2837ythg2uyuhi2neily8g1NDTDF484973-1024x429.jpeg

• GG’s Chicken Shop, from Boka Restaurant Group, was founded by James Beard Award-winning restaurateurs Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm, alongside Michelin Star Chef Partner Lee Wolen. Affectionately named after Wolen’s mother Geri, the shop will serve a family-friendly menu of chicken sandwiches, salads, and classic dinner table sides. The first brick-and-mortar GG’s Chicken Shop opened earlier this year in Chicago and this new location in Downtown Disney District will be its first on the West Coast.
  • A second story bar will be an al fresco spot offering great views to sip signature craft cocktails and mocktails from mixologists who infuse, muddle, stir, shake and swizzle the freshest mixes using local ingredients and artful garnishes. Refreshing selections will include frozen lemonades, frozés, espresso martinis, shareable cocktails and spirit-free elixirs.
i2837ythg2uyuhi2neily8g1NDTDF484974.jpg

Later this year, Downtown Disney will open a new stage and lawn for special events, activities, musical entertainment and more on the west end of the district. In this brand-new area, you’ll also be able to see a soaring new sculptural tower designed by Nikkolas Smith. This new tower will pay tribute to the sublime work of pioneering architects of color in Southern California during the mid-20th century with unique geometric patterns in the sculpture, evoking the famed mid-century buildings they created. We look forward to this beautiful new outdoor space!

Future plans for the district will also bring Din Tai Fung, a world-renowned Chinese restaurant known for its soup dumplings and noodles, plus masterful Mexican cuisine by Michelin-starred Chef Carlos Gaytán at Paseo and Céntrico, and the popular California-Cuban cheese rolls and pastries to come from Porto’s Bakery and Cafe.

You’ll want to visit again and again, as it’s always an exciting time to eat, shop and explore in Downtown Disney District. And be sure to keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future Downtown Disney updates!

Where can you find out what days are Good To Go? I did a search on the Disney website and got no results...

I wish there was some kind of distinction between local APs and out of state APs.,... we only get there occasionally during the year, vs being able to go anytime, so it would be helpful if the rules were adjusted to reflect that.
It will probably work like the current bonus reservation days do now where they will randomly be marked on the calendar a week or two out if even and mostly be for animal kingdom or Epcot
What about AP holders who are staying at a Disney resort? Do they still need reservations???
Yes unfortunately…. It would be nice if APs could just get good to go days if tied to a resort reservation as that would make RunDisney weekends less stressful

NEW Menu Items Arrive at Sci-Fi Dine-In at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Disney has announced that Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is introducing four new menu options.

The four new options include:

• Bánh Mì Burger: Grilled house-made pork patty topped with roasted pork belly, pickled vegetables, cucumber, herbs, and a sriracha aïoli

• Feature Film Burger: Signature beef blend with house-made seasoning on a brioche bun with shaved pastrami, lettuce, heirloom tomato, and a Carolina-mustard sauce

• Sci-Fi Impossible Nachos: Fried tortilla chips topped with plant-based black bean chili, avocado cream, pico de gallo, and cilantro

• Pesto Penne Pasta: Pasta tossed in house-made pesto sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, rainbow cherry tomatoes, grilled artichoke hearts, onions, and spinach (Plant-based)

Yes, I had to book PR for myself (AP) and not for DH for our April 2024 trip..... I have to ask WHY?

Also this was posted on another forum I'm on:

View attachment 801046
What I don’t get, is if I have an AP but I’m staying onsite, why do I have to make park reservations during the nights of my stay? That should count as a date based ticket for the nights an onsite hotel is booked, right? They I know I’m there and likely to go to the parks just as much as someone with a date based ticket.

What I don’t get, is if I have an AP but I’m staying onsite, why do I have to make park reservations during the nights of my stay? That should count as a date based ticket for the nights an onsite hotel is booked, right? They I know I’m there and likely to go to the parks just as much as someone with a date based ticket.
Agreed. Still hoping they decide to announce this.

Technically you won’t need to make reservations for everyday or every park. What they previously announced makes it sound like only weekends and only at MK. It hasn’t gone into affect yet though, so who knows.

This
Technically you won’t need to make reservations for everyday or every park. What they previously announced makes it sound like only weekends and only at MK. It hasn’t gone into affect yet though, so who knows.
It’s complicated
Now:
You need to make a reservation…you can only hold a tiered number of reservations at any given time depending on pass type… “Bonus Days” or onsite bookings do not count towards this limit

After 2 PM you may enter without a reservation except for MK on weekends… if you have a reservation on the books and you arrive after 2pm you still must tap into reserved park

As of January…
You need to make a reservation…you can only hold a tiered number of reservations at any given time depending on pass type… onsite bookings do not count towards this limit

Instead of having bonus days where reservations don’t count against your quota there will be select “good to go dates” where select parks may be tapped into without a reservation as your first park

I don’t know if they will keep after 2pm except for Magic Kingdom on weekends as a perpetual good to go window once hopping restrictions lift

Also there has been conflicting information on weather in general passholders can hop to MK on weekends (we were debating hopping from studios to Magic to see HEA in November on a Saturday so would like clarification)

This

It’s complicated
Now:
You need to make a reservation…you can only hold a tiered number of reservations at any given time depending on pass type… “Bonus Days” or onsite bookings do not count towards this limit

After 2 PM you may enter without a reservation except for MK on weekends… if you have a reservation on the books and you arrive after 2pm you still must tap into reserved park

As of January…
You need to make a reservation…you can only hold a tiered number of reservations at any given time depending on pass type… onsite bookings do not count towards this limit

Instead of having bonus days where reservations don’t count against your quota there will be select “good to go dates” where select parks may be tapped into without a reservation as your first park

I don’t know if they will keep after 2pm except for Magic Kingdom on weekends as a perpetual good to go window once hopping restrictions lift

Also there has been conflicting information on weather in general passholders can hop to MK on weekends (we were debating hopping from studios to Magic to see HEA in November on a Saturday so would like clarification)
You can hop to MK on weekends if you have a reservation at another park.

Granted I haven’t done it since the spring but I had zero issues.

This is the first I have heard of APs not being able to hop to MK on the weekends.... is there any kind of info on this?

I have a trip in Dec where we plan to hop from another park to MK on our last night (non-party night... one of the few)... I basically made our plans (and all our reservations) on this as we love spending our last night in MK and walking down main street to look back at the Castle before leaving the next day....

Last edited:
This is the first I have heard of APs not being able to hop to MK on the weekends.... is there any kind of info on this?

I have a trip in Dec where we plan to hop to MK on our last night (non-party night... one of the few)... I basically made our plans (and all our reservations) on this as we love spending our last night in MK and walking down main street to look back at the Castle before leaving the next day....
Hopping to MK for APs on Saturday/Sunday is allowed as long as you have a park reservation to any of the parks.

It was a rule that changed earlier this year where APs could show up to any park after 2pm without a reservation and would be allowed in. The only exception was for MK on Saturday/Sunday where you just need to have an existing park reservation.

Hopping to MK for APs on Saturday/Sunday is allowed as long as you have a park reservation to any of the parks.

It was a rule that changed earlier this year where APs could show up to any park after 2pm without a reservation and would be allowed in. The only exception was for MK on Saturday/Sunday where you just need to have an existing park reservation.
And tap into that first park, or just have a reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter