Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I read this as Disney + band and thought wow they really think people will buy a mb with a d+ theme.

I get wanting a distinction between the cruise line and park but they really need to rethink using all these +'s and similar names on things.

I think the issue is MagicBand was already a protected name by another company for the EU... where the ships will be sailing, so DisneyBand was used. The plus was kept to help keep the compatible inline with MagicBands.

Interesting piece about a post-visit survey for voyagers on the Galactic Starcruiser. All speculation, obviously.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/starcruiser-resurrected-could-disney-1-180000546.html
That's like yanking people's chain. Don't announce a closure, have people celebrate being on the last voyage only for it to not be the last voyage. I'd be livid if I paid for the experience and be on the last voyage only for them to bring it back in a cheapened way, that'd be like a slap in the face.

That's like yanking people's chain. Don't announce a closure, have people celebrate being on the last voyage only for it to not be the last voyage. I'd be livid if I paid for the experience and be on the last voyage only for them to bring it back in a cheapened way, that'd be like a slap in the face.
Why? It's still the last voyage of the original Starcruiser.

Joys of being an early adopter or beta tester....

Livid would be an awful reaction to what many have said would likly happen.

Why? It's still the last voyage of the original Starcruiser.

Joys of being an early adopter or beta tester....

Livid would be an awful reaction to what many have said would likly happen.
I take it you have not known people who have gone and have lamented the loss of it? Or remember the outcry to the first PR video put out where people were laughing about how poor it looked and they pulled the publication of their marketing of it.

It was a $5K experience and for the few that really enjoyed it to bring it back but to cheapen it would not necessarily go over well. Consider how many changes Disney makes where the experience has been watered down and how much complaining you get on the boards.

I wouldn't say they were beta testers either. That implies that there were a few journeys to work out the kinks. Either way what I am saying is I would get the feelings of those who would be upset at it. It's a bit like knowing that most films the first one is the better one and the sequels blah overall.

I take it you have not known people who have gone and have lamented the loss of it? Or remember the outcry to the first PR video put out where people were laughing about how poor it looked and they pulled the publication of their marketing of it.

It was a $5K experience and for the few that really enjoyed it to bring it back but to cheapen it would not necessarily go over well. Consider how many changes Disney makes where the experience has been watered down and how much complaining you get on the boards.

I wouldn't say they were beta testers either. That implies that there were a few journeys to work out the kinks. Either way what I am saying is I would get the feelings of those who would be upset at it. It's a bit like knowing that most films the first one is the better one and the sequels blah overall.
That has nothing to do with what you said tho? Your comment led me to believe ppl would be upset they paid extra for being on the last voyage or that they would feel slighted since being on the last one gave them a sense of superiority.

Again, I don't understand why them revamping it (even if it's to a less awesome experience) would upset anyone. Wouldn't that make the ppl you are talking about feel better because they got the better experience? Even if the quality was the same they could come up with a completely dif storyline or update the activities. The Starcruiser coming back doesn't necessarily mean it would be same story but cheapened.

I confess I'm not sure if by "cheapen" you mean less expensive or lower quality so for reference, I mean the latter.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with what you said tho? Your comment led me to believe ppl would be upset they paid extra for being on the last voyage or that they would feel slighted since being on the last one gave them a sense of superiority.

Again, I don't understand why them revamping it (even if it's to a less awesome experience) would upset anyone. Wouldn't that make the ppl you are talking about feel better because they got the better experience?
Sorry if you've misunderstood. I didn't say paid more for the last voyage? Did that even happen? I said celebrate the last voyage (and they sure hyped it up) only to actually not have it be the last voyage. Could you be technically correct in saying "wellllllllll it was last voyage in Starcruiser 1.0"? Sure but we all know that's really not the point.

To your last point that depends on the person, I'm sure in your life you've had a situation where you counted your lucky stars that you got in before xyz went downhill, but I'm also sure that in your life you've had a situation where you're disappointed that while xyz came back it was not really the same experience as before. And surely you've experienced a business "going out" only for it to be resurrected. Think about recent retailers where coupons were stopped, gift cards were stopped because it was going out and then you hear it gets resurrected. This doesn't seem like truly a debatable point as we can all relate to this going on. Whether you personally wouldn't get upset yeah I get that but to not even be able to imagine it? I think we could if we just thought through things we've been through.

And to be fair I'm more discussing this because of the sheer monetary investment, for those who went multiple times they found value that. Whether they find value in an experience brought back at a lower price point, more streamlined and likely much less overall interactiveness is anybody's guess but I just see multiple sides to it is all.

D23 Inside Disney Celebrates Once Upon A Studio
D23 Inside Disney takes you behind the scenes of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ new short Once Upon a Studio! Hear from directors Dan Abraham and Trent Correy and animators Eric Goldberg and Andrew Feliciano, and see what went into making such a special part of the Disney100 celebration.

Disney’s Blizzard Beach Reopens Nov. 6 with More Ways to Warm Up Your Winter!

Everyone’s favorite winter-themed warm water wonderland is ready for another season of magical fun! Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will reopen on Nov. 6 – just in time for another festive holiday season!

Here are some of the most frost-tastic things I’m looking forward to when Blizzard Beach swings open its gates once again:

Disney’s Blizzard Beach

1. Snagging the New Disney Water Park Seasonal Pass

Hold on to your mittens because we just launched the NEW Disney Water Park Seasonal Pass! This new pass allows guests to visit Disney Water Parks again and again now through May 24, 2024, for just $79 plus tax. So, make sure you’re stocking up on sunscreen during your holiday shopping.

The seasonal pass has no block out dates and no reservations are required. Plus, free parking awaits all those embarking on an arctic journey to Blizzard Beach!

S’mores Churros

2. Indulging in New and Returning Food and Beverage

Get ready to savor new food and beverage options! Specialty churros have made their way to the menu at Arctic Expeditions and there’s no way I’m missing out on these:

• S’mores Churros – Churro bites topped with graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow whipped cream, chocolate sauce and toasted mini marshmallows
  • Banana Split Churros – Churro bites topped with banana slices, sliced strawberries, pineapple chunks, cookie and brownie pieces, chocolate and caramel sauce, whipped cream and a cherry.
I also plan to save room for the new Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings and Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings at Warming Hut. Of course, guests can enjoy all of their returning favorite treats and drinks at Lottawatta Lodge, Polar Pub, Frostbite Freddy’sand more.

Tike’s Peak

3. Letting the Kids Splash Around in Tike’s Peak

Don’t forget to send photos to your friends and relatives up north as you enjoy the heated water flowing through Tike’s Peak. The “Frozen”-themed hangout features Anna and Elsa in their igloo castle and a wading pool where kids can splash around with Olaf and his Snowgie pals.

23iu8ty72uhig4uy8fn2jkeiu9y1.jpg

4. Twist and Turn Down Teamboat Springs

Take the whole family on an epic whitewater journey! Up to six riders can float down a mountain on one of the world’s longest raft adventures.

Toboggan Racers

5. Ski-daddle to the Toboggan Racers

Compete with other guests in a race on mats down an eight-lane slalom-style, 250-foot-long “toboggan” water slide race that features three exhilarating dips and hills.

Cross Country Creek

6. Take a Chill-axing Ride on Cross Country Creek

Float on a scenic lazy river passing through mysterious caves and illuminated grottos while dipping your toes into Mount Gushmore’s refreshing (and heated) spring water.

Tike’s Peak

7. Enjoy the Holidays with a Tropical Twist

Snow boots are not required as you walk through the little white flurries greeting guests at the entrance. Just make sure you schedule time to hang out with Santa relaxing in his tropical best at his favorite vacation destination. And if you’re looking for holiday flavors, Blizzard Beach has those too! Peppermint shakes and cookie decorating are among the limited-time treats adding to the festivities.

As a person who grew up shoveling snow and scraping ice off windshields, I can say there’s nothing better than spending a winter day in the Florida sun with friends and family! So, pick up your Disney Water Parks Seasonal Pass now and I’ll see you at the top of Mount Gushmore.

Last edited:
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/disney-business/walter-miller-voted-president-of-board-at-wdfm/

Walt Disney’s Grandson Walter E.D. Miller Voted in as President of the Board of Directors at The Walt Disney Family Museum
by Luke Manning |Oct 20, 2023 9:41 am (Pacific)

Walt Disney’s grandson, Walter E.D. Miller, was recently voted in as the new President of the Board of Directors at The Walt Disney Family Museum.

What’s Happening:
  • The Walt Disney Family Museum announced that Walter E.D. Miller—Walt’s grandson, Ron Miller and Diane Disney Miller’s son, and the museum’s co-founder—was recently voted in as the new President of the Board of Directors.
  • The position was previously held for four years by his sister, Tamara Miller, who will continue to serve as a member of the museum’s Board.
  • Walter Miller is the Executive Producer of the film Walt: The Man Behind the Myth (2001), showcasing Walt’s extraordinary life and career and offering an intimate look at a man whose legacy continues to inspire the world.
  • He is also Executive Producer of Walt & El Grupo (2008), a film that explores Walt’s 1941 goodwill and research tour to South America. The trip, which included several members of Walt’s creative team, led to the production of Latin American-themed animation features Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros, which were screened both domestically and internationally.
  • Miller has also previously served as President of the Walt Disney Family Foundation.
What They’re Saying:
  • Walter Miller: “I am honored to continue contributing to this inspirational space that my mother and I first envisioned so many years ago. I personally feel that I owe my grandpa Walt so much, not only as a grandson who admires him, but mostly for what he gave to the world in his short life. I’m excited to embark on this new chapter in keeping his story alive.”

Walt Disney World operating hours released through late December, including extension to hours during early November

Magic Kingdom

October 28
: 8 am-11 pm (9 am-10 pm)
November 4: 8 am-11 pm (9 am-10 pm)
November 5: 9 am-10 pm (9 am-9 pm)
November 6: 9 am-11 pm (9 am-9 pm)
November 7: 8 am-11 pm (9 am-9 pm)
November 8: 9 am-10 pm (9 am-9 pm)
November 9, 10: 8 am-6 pm (9 am-6 pm)
November 3, 11: 9 am-12 am (9 am-9 pm)

Disney's Animal Kingdom

November 5-9: 8 am open (9 am)
November 10, 11: 8 am-8 pm (9 am-7 pm)

Disney's Hollywood Studios

November 10, 11: 8:30 am open

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/disney-business/walter-miller-voted-president-of-board-at-wdfm/

Walt Disney’s Grandson Walter E.D. Miller Voted in as President of the Board of Directors at The Walt Disney Family Museum
by Luke Manning |Oct 20, 2023 9:41 am (Pacific)

Walt Disney’s grandson, Walter E.D. Miller, was recently voted in as the new President of the Board of Directors at The Walt Disney Family Museum.

What’s Happening:
  • The Walt Disney Family Museum announced that Walter E.D. Miller—Walt’s grandson, Ron Miller and Diane Disney Miller’s son, and the museum’s co-founder—was recently voted in as the new President of the Board of Directors.
  • The position was previously held for four years by his sister, Tamara Miller, who will continue to serve as a member of the museum’s Board.
  • Walter Miller is the Executive Producer of the film Walt: The Man Behind the Myth (2001), showcasing Walt’s extraordinary life and career and offering an intimate look at a man whose legacy continues to inspire the world.
  • He is also Executive Producer of Walt & El Grupo (2008), a film that explores Walt’s 1941 goodwill and research tour to South America. The trip, which included several members of Walt’s creative team, led to the production of Latin American-themed animation features Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros, which were screened both domestically and internationally.
  • Miller has also previously served as President of the Walt Disney Family Foundation.
What They’re Saying:
  • Walter Miller: “I am honored to continue contributing to this inspirational space that my mother and I first envisioned so many years ago. I personally feel that I owe my grandpa Walt so much, not only as a grandson who admires him, but mostly for what he gave to the world in his short life. I’m excited to embark on this new chapter in keeping his story alive.”
Why can’t Walter Miller step in to help The Walt Disney Company be good again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter