Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I took a year of Japanese in college. I’ve been using Pimsleur audio books/tapes for refreshing languages. I was doing it this summer but stopped when we went on vacation. It may not help, but it will make me feel better for trying. Plus, they always appreciate when you try, well, everyone but the Parisians.

I agree to an extent. France assumes your French until they get a blank look because you don't know what the lady said. Glad my accent on bonjour was good enough you thought that but I had no idea what she said. Attitude after, I still remember the exchange and can picture it and it was over 5 years ago 😂

Japan a lot of them just started out in English even with us both greeting in Japanese. Basics help but I don't think any of them are expecting a ton. They know it's a difficult language to learn. Talked to a hotel employee learning and said English is hard too and so much makes no sense.

Yeah it’s weird. I was only looking for information and the DCL site let me put a 3 day hold on that Treasure cabin, also gave me the option to make a down payment. I did not try it because still need to check our schedules. Probably wouldn’t have accepted.

We’re staying DL Hotel club level on Nov 2 when it’s supposed to go live for DVC Members. All of this is Disney firsts for us lol (DVC, DCL, CL). We just keep drinking more of this koolaid. I’m wondering if concierge would book for us.
The Treasure bookings through May 2025 were made available to the general public September 20. So you can book that trip now. When you book a Disney cruise it gives you the option to hold for 3 days and then pay the deposit or pay the deposit at the time of booking.

The Early 2025 booking window that was just announced is for the other 5 ships (Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy, Wish) and their sailings.

The Treasure bookings through May 2025 were made available to the general public September 20. So you can book that trip now. When you book a Disney cruise it gives you the option to hold for 3 days and then pay the deposit or pay the deposit at the time of booking.

The Early 2025 booking window that was just announced is for the other 5 ships (Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy, Wish) and their sailings.
Ahh thank you. Now it makes sense. Glad there are still rooms open.

I took a year of Japanese in college. I’ve been using Pimsleur audio books/tapes for refreshing languages. I was doing it this summer but stopped when we went on vacation. It may not help, but it will make me feel better for trying. Plus, they always appreciate when you try, well, everyone but the Parisians.
I noticed on my last trip that people were WAY friendlier and willing to help if you at least tried. Though 99% of the time, the moment I stepped in somewhere, they had the menus with pictures ready to go.

When I went to Paris, they were so rude when I said anything in French. It was as if me attempting was an insult to the French language 😅

The French (including Parisians) do appreciate the effort. But they will switch directly to English when they can tell you're not a native speaker. The perceived rudeness is more of a cultural difference most of the time. I work with some French people and their directness sometimes catches me off guard, even as a New Englander who is much less "friendly" than most of America.

Anyone know the timeline on the rest of the walls in Epcot. Was just there yesterday & expected more walls down since JOW opened, but it’s still a lot!
I believe the latest update was “December 2023”. Probably in time for the new fireworks show the premieres on Dec 5th.

Glad my accent on bonjour was good enough you thought that but I had no idea what she said.

This same exact thing happened to me at DLP this summer. I said bonjour, the woman at the counter asked me, in French, if I needed a bag, and I went "umm... I think I heard 'sac.'" Fortunately she was actually really nice (in fact, everyone I encountered as I stumbled through my six months of Duolingo French seemed to appreciate me at least making an effort)

Oh, you're going November 2024? So are we! The week before Thanksgiving and the week of. Will be our first time to Japan and planning 3 days for Tokyo Disney. Very excited about today's announcement. Will be redeeming points for flights as soon as the calendar opens.
So am I! Trying to find the right week to have some fireworks festival in the agenda and Tokyo Disney!

I believe the latest update was “December 2023”. Probably in time for the new fireworks show the premieres on Dec 5th.
That works for us b/c we plan to go in Jan again! But, I feel like the building still looks very undone for that timeline 😬.

Disney Vacation Club announces Hoop Dee Holidays at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort — Nov. 28 and Dec. 12 at 4pm and 6:15pm. Includes a member-exclusive pre-show and keepsake. Members can bring up to 11 guests per membership. Bookings open Nov. 1.

IMG_2622.jpeg

Brooke McDonald

Disney Vacation Club announces Hoop Dee Holidays at Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort — Nov. 28 and Dec. 12 at 4pm and 6:15pm. Includes a member-exclusive pre-show and keepsake. Members can bring up to 11 guests per membership. Bookings open Nov. 1.

View attachment 805254

Brooke McDonald
Of course, the Nov. 28 show is TWO DAYS before my next trip. Given the name, I wonder if it'll actually be a special version of the show.

View attachment 805254

Brooke McDonald

I really wish DVC would start planning these things further in advance. The only people who have a chance at this point of going to this are those who already have reservations or local DVC owners.

Third date sells out for Disney Jollywood Nights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Jollywood Nights 2023 dates are:

November: 11 (sold out), 18 (sold out), 20, 27, 29
December
: 4, 6, 16 (sold out), 18, 20
Wow that’s surprising Dec 16th sold out already.

We were going to watch the first couple parties before buying. TripAdvisor had 20% off so we bought tickets. Good thing because that’s the only night that works well for us. I wonder if they’ll add dates mid-Dec if more sell out.

Does Hoop-Dee-Doo have other holiday shows during November and December? Or is it just the regular shows? I will be there for the DVC show, but I bet it will sell out quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter