Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I know you guys would deny it would happen and it would seem rather ridiculous, and it’s only my opinion/wish, but I wouldn’t be surprised if, at the Nov, 28th town hall, Iger announces that he has decided to sell off most of the Fox IP except for the Fox/Marvel stuff, the Star Wars films, and Avatar. Those three IP I have mentioned make more money for Disney than, say, Alien, Ice Age, The Simpsons, and Family Guy.

Disney Adds New Jollywood Nights Check-In Locations After Opening Night

After last week’s singular location for check-ins at Mickey Shorts Theater wrapped guests back to the entrance for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney has modified the check-in location to two locations across the park, including at Star Wars Launch Bay.

IMG_3030.jpeg

IMG_3031.jpeg

The second location for check-in is at Muppet*Vision 3D. It’s clearly marked with a large sandwich board sign to help guests find their way.

Is Poly the only deluxw without a gingerbread house?

I think so. I was a bit disappointed by the Contemporary gingerbread display. But its pretty much the same thing they've done recently.
Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge don't have their own dedicated pastry teams. In the before times, CR serviced WL and GF serviced Poly. I think that affects with the gingerbread displays. WL did get one in 2019, but it was pretty sad looking in comparison to other deluxe resorts.

Last edited:
Disney Adds New Jollywood Nights Check-In Locations After Opening Night

After last week’s singular location for check-ins at Mickey Shorts Theater wrapped guests back to the entrance for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney has modified the check-in location to two locations across the park, including at Star Wars Launch Bay.

View attachment 811658

View attachment 811657

The second location for check-in is at Muppet*Vision 3D. It’s clearly marked with a large sandwich board sign to help guests find their way.
Glad to see there have been more changes! I am eagerly awaiting reviews from tonight!

Last edited:
Disney is adding new characters to the Jollywood Nights event. Additional enticing offerings should soak up some of the crowd from offerings that were overloaded at night one

Blog Mickey

“Duffy has been added to the Jollywood Nights lineup at Hollywood Studios.”

View attachment 811708

https://x.com/alexfarnworth/status/1726052254791188565?s=46&t=xLjraPCqOHaKI4nucgl-CQ

Also Jiminy Cricket:

View attachment 811709

Snow White and Dopey:

View attachment 811711
Jiminy Cricket! :love:

Disney is adding new characters to the Jollywood Nights event. Additional enticing offerings should soak up some of the crowd from offerings that were overloaded at night one

Blog Mickey

“Duffy has been added to the Jollywood Nights lineup at Hollywood Studios.”

View attachment 811708

https://x.com/alexfarnworth/status/1726052254791188565?s=46&t=xLjraPCqOHaKI4nucgl-CQ

Also Jiminy Cricket:

View attachment 811709

Snow White and Dopey:

View attachment 811711
Santa Stitch also added

IMG_3039.jpeg

WDWNT Twitter

Reed is kind of a tough character to play. At his best he's so smart and a little detached. At times they have tried to play him as logical to the point of being a sociopath, but that's the wrong take. I really hope the movie writers look at his original characterization and not anything too recent.

Reed as a sociopath is 'The Maker' ... I think we'll see a classic Reed, but also a recent take on Richards as The Maker.

There are a TON of rumors floating around the future of the MCU dropping Jonathan Majors and Kang as the next big bad. After watching Loki S2, I do think they pivoted and will be dropping Kang. We'll know for sure when there's no longer a Kang Dynasty film. The recent MCU work has been based on Jonathan Hickman's multi-year comic runs ... multiverse / incursions / Illuminati / Secret Wars ... all Hickman's stuff. Comic fans tend to either love or hate Hickman (I love his stuff), but he primarily focuses on 'world building'.

My wild swing is that they'll use the F4 and the 'Council of Reeds' in place of the Kang Dynasty. The new big bad in place of Kang will be The Maker, evil Reed Richards from the same universe as Miles Morales (earth 1610)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maker_(Reed_Richards)

Personally I'd love to see Disney to keep Krasinski in the Reed role since it's a multiverse, But Mr Pascal is a great choice as well.

The MCU is a pretty big mess right now, but if Secret Wars does end up being a reboot ... and Hickman is currently rebooting the 'Ultimate' universe in the comics ... I'm leaning towards Evil Reed being swapped out for Kang meaning Disney will need big name in the Reed role.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter