Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

G+ sold out for MK and Multiple Parks this morning.
Meanwhile at noon Gideons was just an hour standby from queuing up to getting cookies in hand
NEW: Disney Cruise Line has updated its Castaway Club membership terms. To remain in the Castaway Club program, members must book or sail on at least one eligible cruise within 5 years of their last Disney voyage.

Scott Gustin
Looks like I’ll need to make another booking before January 2028

With the refurb being pushed to the summer, I wonder if there'll be an announcement of a re-theme? I wouldn't have thought so with the shorter time frame, but six months is a lot of work.
Does it need a retheme? Yeah, probably, but I think if a retheme was in the works Disney would shout it from the rooftops like they did with splash mountain.

crazyparkguy
@crazyparkguy

They will be switching out the original control consoles from Vekoma to the same consoles used at other Disney attractions. It should hopefully be easier to operate for more CMs.

11:32 AM · Dec 20, 2023
That makes sense. I have also read that the model of coaster from Vekoma that Rock n Roller Coaster is from is prone to having issues and riders often complain that it is WAY too bumpy/rocks you around too much.

Does it need a retheme? Yeah, probably, but I think if a retheme was in the works Disney would shout it from the rooftops like they did with splash mountain.
It wouldn't be the first Disney closed an attraction for a refurb, then announced its retheme. Tarzan's Treehouse was closed for nearly a year before they announced Adventureland Treehouse

It wouldn't be the first Disney closed an attraction for a refurb, then announced its retheme. Tarzan's Treehouse was closed for nearly a year before they announced Adventureland Treehouse
From what I've seen in videos, the new Adventureland Treehouse looks wonderful. I did the Swiss Family Robinson one in WDW on sunday and I kept thinking how I wish it would get a refresh. It seems like it's ready for something new.

You don't like "stairs: the ride"?
Haha, I don't actually hate the treehouse. I haven't done it in years and found myself really enjoying it (especially the views of MK you can't get anywhere else). In my opinion, I think the theme needs a refresh. It can stay Swiss Family Robinson if needed but I think the room scenes need some fresh-ing up.

Hate to see the news about rockin rollercoaster. It’s our favorite ride and we will be there beginning of March.
I’ll be there the first week of March and I’m super bummed about this 😞 I pick the worst times to go, at least one of my fave rides is always closed 😂

I've been saying for the last year that they should do an Encanto show in there with tech from the Bourne Stuntacular.... Large immersive background screen synced to moving foreground sets. They pioneered the tech with the Mandolarian set.

Walked by that for years. Finally went a couple weeks ago. Couldn't believe how good it was. It would be a great attraction to copy agreed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter