Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

For most people. Something I carry in my park bag gets me selected for screening every time. I've learned to just accept my fate. :duck:

They definitely make the lines shorter though.
Do you have a metal case for glasses or sunglasses? I had been stopped every time during the week and since I had quite a bit in my backpack I never knew what was the cause. When we went to DS I had almost nothing in my backpack when I got stopped again. The guard opened the case and I asked him if that’s what the problem was and he said yes. I stopped carrying it and was never stopped again. I did carry it one time in my hand and was asked to open it as I walked by but I wasn’t actually stopped.

On our last trip, my friend got stopped at some parks (but not others) and was told it was her backpack itself... she has one of these:
1705680615752.png

For most people. Something I carry in my park bag gets me selected for screening every time. I've learned to just accept my fate. :duck:

For me it’s roulette they tell me it’s my fuel rod or earbud case but then 70% of the time I bring those items nothing gets triggered
On our last trip, my friend got stopped at some parks (but not others) and was told it was her backpack itself... she has one of these:
View attachment 827034
I’ve been told that at springs with my chip and Dale boxed lunch exclusive loungefly design yet the one I got on shop never triggers it

Also was told once by Magic Kingdom security the mint tin I purchased at beach club triggers things and that Disney should really stop selling them

Do you have a metal case for glasses or sunglasses? I had been stopped every time during the week and since I had quite a bit in my backpack I never knew what was the cause. When we went to DS I had almost nothing in my backpack when I got stopped again. The guard opened the case and I asked him if that’s what the problem was and he said yes. I stopped carrying it and was never stopped again. I did carry it one time in my hand and was asked to open it as I walked by but I wasn’t actually stopped.
I've tried all the things. Removing glasses case, umbrella, etc. There are just too many things in there when I have my camera gear (body, lenses, pouch of batteries, small tripod) the list goes on.

Work Continues on Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs
While the big news coming out of Disney’s BoardWalk Resort yesterday was that the Big River Grille and Brewing Works will be closing on January 21, work on another dining location is quietly continuing.

Across the walkway from Big River Grille, the transformation of the old Boardwalk to Go Stand to the new Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs location is slowly moving ahead.

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

Photo: Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

Work Continues at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort​

The addition of Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs to Disney’s BoardWalk Resort was originally announced last July, and progress on the new stand has been slow.

BoardWalk to Go Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

Recently, however, the old BoardWalk to Go sign was removed from the structure, and planters were extended to cover the stand.

The other big change has been the removal of the old BoardWalk to Go blue color scheme.

The stand is currently white, although it may not necessarily stay that way.

Here is a look at the back side of the building. As you can see, work is currently underway.

Progress Has Been Slow​

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs is a popular stand at Disneyland’s Downtown Disney.

Pickle Dog

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs. Photo: Disney
The quick service stand is best known for its unique twists on the corn dog, like the always popular Golden Dragon Panko-Crusted Corn Dog.

While work on the new stand has moved slowly, it is good to see that progress is being made!

At this time we do not have an opening for Blue Ribbion Corn Dogs, check back with MickeyBlog. We will keep you updated.

If I take my umbrella and sunglasses case out and carry them with my arms out in front of me they can see that those are what's triggering it and I don't get stopped. If they are in my bag I'll get pulled.

I've tried all the things. Removing glasses case, umbrella, etc. There are just too many things in there when I have my camera gear (body, lenses, pouch of batteries, small tripod) the list goes on.
Yeah if it’s to the point that I’m having to take everything out or just go let them look I just take the hit and don’t stress about it. It’s still faster than it used to be.

For sure. I'm fine having to get checked everytime. I just plan for it now.
I remember one time I had my camera backpack with 2 lenses, batteries, tripod, etc. They waved me over, and the security guard wasn't convinced that it was my backpack, even after looking through the contents. Instead, he kept insisting that it was the metal button on my shorts, because the wand went off when he waved over it. I thought maybe he was just pulling my leg, but nope, he was just the biggest idiot in the world :sad2:

For sure. I'm fine having to get checked everytime. I just plan for it now.
Yep. It’s a running joke in my group that I will get pulled over to get checked every single time. I’ve just accepted that as the norm and just get excited on the rare occasions when I don’t.

I remember one time I had my camera backpack with 2 lenses, batteries, tripod, etc. They waved me over, and the security guard wasn't convinced that it was my backpack, even after looking through the contents. Instead, he kept insisting that it was the metal button on my shorts, because the wand went off when he waved over it. I thought maybe he was just pulling my leg, but nope, he was just the biggest idiot in the world :sad2:
90% of the time, they unzip it, look at the camera stuff and say: "yup that'll do it" and send me on my way.

90% of the time, they unzip it, look at the camera stuff and say: "yup that'll do it" and send me on my way.
I almost always have to take every single thing out. My bag stores the camera equipment on the back side of the backpack for safety reasons. It has compartments in the main area and the front. My favorite are the ones that insist on removing all of the velcro dividers and compartments. Luckily, this has only happened a couple of times.

New Disney Popcorn has Local Florida Flavor!
It’s National Popcorn Day, and today, we’re serving up a special Strawberry Crunch and other must-taste-to-believe gourmet popcorn flavors created by a Florida family business with a knack for delighting taste buds at Walt Disney World – Popcorn Junkie!
1705694060036.png

The Crosiers retail shop has catapulted into an extremely successful and profitable small business. Popcorn Junkie has grown from two employees to nine since working with Disney, allowing them to continue introducing fresh offerings for the resort and beyond – like the new Strawberry Crunch popcorn shown above that’s now available for a limited time at the Confectionery Kernel Kitchen inside Main Street Confectionery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter