Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Not only will the D+ programming be moved to theatrical, but the COSTS will move with them, too. What does that mean? It means that PRESTO! - streaming's bottom line gets a boost just at the right time.
That does make sense.

A general concern is I'm disappointed with D+ TV content. Moving it to theatrical releases isn't exciting for me. Only a couple of shows on D+ have wowed me.

It's my own fault, honestly. I had expectations that TWDC could produce TV content like HBO, and HBO is in a class of its own with storytelling and gold standard TV shows.

That does make sense.

A general concern is I'm disappointed with D+ TV content. Moving it to theatrical releases isn't exciting for me. Only a couple of shows on D+ have wowed me.

It's my own fault, honestly. I had expectations that TWDC could produce TV content like HBO, and HBO is in a class of its own with storytelling and gold standard TV shows.
In the three years since I've subscribed to D+, I've not watched any original content, just the old movies and cartoons. Just finished all the DuckTales and now working on Darkwing Duck. An old movie I really want to see is In Search of the Castaways.

That does make sense.

I think WandaVision and early Mando proved they could complete with MAX/Warner in terms of prestige if they wanted, but it probably isn't a focus for the D+ brand once they got the subscriber numbers up and didn't want to deal with the resources and production costs. Look at what happened to Prime with their 'Rings of Powers' mess ... spending a ton on production did not equal a Game of Thrones killer.

I'm hoping Disney will potentially get something new to complete against MAX under the Hulu/FX banner, but we'll probably continue to get things like Taylor Swift's Eras to pump up subscribers and anything promising production wise will switch to theatrical to bring in $$$

Well said, pretty much sums it up for me as well (except for the "all-time favorite film" part, I just recognize it as the masterpiece that it is and I do love it)

Relatedly, the Lion King wasn't expected to be as big as it was, it was made by mostly "B-team" animators because the main animators were working on Pocahontas, which was thought to be the more important and profitable film. And then the Lion King became the highest grossing animated film of all time! Remembering this gives me hope for Moana 2 (thinking of D+ as more of a B-team as compared to the film studio). Reportedly Iger saw footage and was impressed, contributing to the decision to make it a movie.
I don’t have anything to back it up and I’m not sure of the timing of each features creation, but I highly doubt that they would get Elton John to sign up for creating music for a film created by the B team

I don’t have anything to back it up and I’m not sure of the timing of each features creation, but I highly doubt that they would get Elton John to sign up for creating music for a film created by the B team
There's a section about it here: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/25...-scenes-facts-about-the-disney-animated-movie

The animators who worked on the film called themselves the B Team because more of the senior people were assigned to Pocahontas, it had a higher budget, and it was expected to do much better given that it's a princess movie. You can also watch the bonus features if you have the movie, they talk about it.

Also, none of the executives sought/requested Elton John. It was Tim Rice's idea (lyricist), and when he brought it up, the studio doubted someone like Elton would do it. But Elton was a friend of Rice and agreed.

Anyway, "B Team" or not, they were still good animators if they got to work for Disney.

Wow. Short season for BB. We were there in October and it was still Typhoon Lagoon that was open. Wonder when they will switch again as we are going again in October.

At the current rate probably in Nov. WDW doesn't seem to want to have blizzard beach open much any more and they do TL ( if only one open) in summer since they can sell the the after hour parties also since the park as the lights to be open late.

It really is shame.

Forgot about Andor (also love it) ... and wouldn't be surprised if they shift season 2 into a film like Mando making it a legit Rouge One prequel. I'm in the group of fans who feel Rouge One is still the best Star Wars film post original trilogy.
I am the same group. I don't think they'll make Andor Season 2 a movie, though. It wasn't a popular with general audiences as Mando continues to be

Last edited:
Forgot about Andor (also love it) ... and wouldn't be surprised if they shift season 2 into a film like Mando making it a legit Rouge One prequel. I'm in the group of fans who feel Rouge One is still the best Star Wars film post original trilogy.

Rogue One is my third favorite Star Wars film behind the original and The Empire Strikes Back.

There's a section about it here: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/25...-scenes-facts-about-the-disney-animated-movie

The animators who worked on the film called themselves the B Team because more of the senior people were assigned to Pocahontas, it had a higher budget, and it was expected to do much better given that it's a princess movie. You can also watch the bonus features if you have the movie, they talk about it.

Also, none of the executives sought/requested Elton John. It was Tim Rice's idea (lyricist), and when he brought it up, the studio doubted someone like Elton would do it. But Elton was a friend of Rice and agreed.

Anyway, "B Team" or not, they were still good animators if they got to work for Disney.

Hey, look, for tall the talk of B Teams and all that, the freaking C Team churned out the greatest masterpiece of all time:

1707445681631.png

So, I'm not that worried. 😁

Last edited:
Hey, look, for tall the talk of B Teams and all that, the freaking C Team churned out the greatest masterpiece of all time:

View attachment 832550

So, I'm not that worried. 😁
So, we're a little late to the game. Just watched this two days ago for the first time, LOL....Another one of those movies that came out after our childhood and before our kids. We enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter