Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Yeah, It is a decent perk. I do wish the waterparks were open a little later, becuase you might not get that much time. That's why I like departure day - If I have a 6 PM flight, I have time to check out of my room, go to the water park at open, stay a while, the get going. I usually pack light so I get a big locker and store my stuff, but you could just as well leave it with luggage services at your resort.

The one trick though is to make sure to find a sunny spot to dry off as much as possible so you don't have to pack a wet swimsuit. Still, a plastic bag will work for that too.
If we don't feel like going into a park on our departure day, we tend to hang out at the resort pool. We use Bumpkins waterproof wet bags for our suits--I think they're actually intended for babies but they work fantastic for wet swimwear and are reusable. We just toss them in our suitcases when we get them from bell services on the way out.

Honestly, sometimes, I think I'd rather have the spinner! 🤣

I have a real love/hate relationship with Galaxy's Edge.
The Galaxy's Edge there was planned to only have Smuggler's Run. I don't think that would've been that great of an addition, especially for Disney's worst park globally.

The Galaxy's Edge there was planned to only have Smuggler's Run. I don't think that would've been that great of an addition, especially for Disney's worst park globally.

Man, yeah, Smuggler's Run only would be pretty disappoing. They are probably better off going this direction.

Plus, most of the people who go to TDR a lot think that OLC is slacking and getting cheap. I guess it's all relative though. However, most of the expansions/changes were planned before covid, so we will have to see what happens in the next few years.
Wasn't the Space Mountain rebuild announced after COVID? I think in 2022. That's something they certainly didn't need to do and shows they care about keeping the parks fresh.

If we don't feel like going into a park on our departure day, we tend to hang out at the resort pool. We use Bumpkins waterproof wet bags for our suits--I think they're actually intended for babies but they work fantastic for wet swimwear and are reusable. We just toss them in our suitcases when we get them from bell services on the way out.
Am I the only one that medicates their end-of-trip blues with a Disney Springs bar crawl? I always plan a late afternoon/early evening flight back so I can drown my sorrows/get stuffed at Homecomin' (brunch to start) and then bouncing around to "say goodbye".

Regrettably by the time we get to MCO the "day hangover" makes that part of it EXTRA miserable and this is where I usually shoot nasty looks at the families arriving at the terminal for the beginning of their trips.. tell me I am not alone in this? ;)

Last edited:
Yep, and the increases are immediate, but the perk isn't included for almost another year.
It's similar to last year when they announced something positive (genuinely don't remember what it was) and then immediately announced that every single restaurant on property was getting a price increase. You can't make this stuff up, folks.

Wasn't the Space Mountain rebuild announced after COVID? I think in 2022. That's something they certainly didn't need to do and shows they care about keeping the parks fresh.

Possibly. I hope so. It could be that locals are always bitter and think the grass is greener. The Japanese probably don’t know how good they have it, even if it’s diminished some.

Am I the only one that medicates their end-of-trip blues with a Disney Springs bar crawl? I always plan a late afternoon/early evening flight back so I can drown my sorrows/get stuffed at Homecomin' (brunch to start) and then bouncing around to "say goodbye".

Regrettably by the time we get to MCO the "day hangover" makes that part of it EXTRA miserable and this is where I usually shoot nasty looks at the families arriving at the terminal for the beginning of their trips.. tell me I am not alone in this? ;)

I don't go drinking or anything, but there is definitely a different energy between groups arriving at MCO for the start of a vacation and the dead-on-their-feet, please-kill-me looking parents departing! 🤣

Meanwhile DLP (the castle park) hasn't had a new ride since 2006. They have it down bad. 😭

They have unfortunately been the red-headed step child (no offense to red heads or step children, I have been both) of the Disney theme parks since the disappointing opening. I know people who love it though, especially if it's the first Disney park they attended. The other park is supposedly so bad that it needed the money I guess. I wonder what happened with funding to Disneyland when DCA was remade.

They have unfortunately been the red-headed step child (no offense to red heads or step children, I have been both) of the Disney theme parks since the disappointing opening. I know people who love it though, especially if it's the first Disney park they attended. The other park is supposedly so bad that it needed the money I guess. I wonder what happened with funding to Disneyland when DCA was remade.
I love DLP Castle park and it was far from the first park I visited! It's such a pretty park, I love the castle and the Frontierland area alone is a big draw for me. Would be good to see more but I think fixing the other park should be priority because it really is a stark contrast. But maybe now that DLP is more profitable and after the studios park gets its new lands, they'll add something to DLP Park.

The other park is that bad. It's the only Disney park that you could realistically compare it to Six Flags in terms of theming and aesthetics. Even now it doesn't have any rides that appeal to me and I would probably skip it if I ever returned to France.

It's similar to last year when they announced something positive (genuinely don't remember what it was) and then immediately announced that every single restaurant on property was getting a price increase. You can't make this stuff up, folks.
Sounds like the positive news created a lasting impression.

Disney's Wish Featured in EPCOT Main Entrance Display
Guests attending the 2024 EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival will be greeted by an all-new topiary display! The enchanting figures of Asha, Valentino, and Star mark a fresh addition to this year’s festival, which runs from February 28 through May 27, 2024.
1709124527007.png
The “Wish” movie topiary display takes center stage at the festival’s entrance, a spot previously graced by the “Encanto” characters last year. The display features Asha tenderly holding Star, with Valentino playfully prancing nearby. The attention to detail is remarkable, with the Asha topiary featuring a full-length dress and braided hair.

Ezoic

The EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival is renowned for its stunning floral displays, delicious food offerings, and engaging entertainment.
AD
Ezoic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter