Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Yup. I mena, I ahve no problem with the Speedway conceptually - I know that kids really love "driving" the cars. I jsut wish it had more of a Tomorrowland theme and cars to match.
Same here—i get that it serves a purpose and is a massive people eater, but I was really bummed out when the Tron re-theme that was rumored (announced?) fell through because it would have looked so cool with the rest of the land.

On one hand I can see this being a needed change, but the sounds and smell are nostalgic. An eerily quiet raceway doesn’t have the same vibes to me.
It may not be the same vibes but that doesnt mean worse. The Formula E race here in Brooklyn doesn’t feel like a regular race weekend either but it’s so uniquely cool and I can actually breathe lol. I would love vibes like that in the parks and tbh I think it fits the theming better.

Seems like an EASY sponsorship/naming opportunity for any automaker wanting some visibility on its efforts to go green, promote electric vehicles.

It won't be Tesla. He doesn't do advertising.

On one hand I can see this being a needed change, but the sounds and smell are nostalgic. An eerily quiet raceway doesn’t have the same vibes to me.

I can just go to one of my husband's races for this. Plus, they aren't very race car sounding. They don't even really sound like an old American muscle car or an old European roadster. They sound like the lawnmowers they are.

It may not be the same vibes but that doesnt mean worse. The Formula E race here in Brooklyn doesn’t feel like a regular race weekend either but it’s so uniquely cool and I can actually breathe lol. I would love vibes like that in the parks and tbh I think it fits the theming better.

The Formula E cars actually pack a good punch, but not enough to cause hearing damage, which is a huge bonus. We don't think about it, but not only do they pollute the air, but they also cause hearing damage. I like the Formula E sound though. Kind of reminds me of Knight Rider :rotfl2:

The smells make me nauseous, no nostalgia will overcome that for me unfortunately!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning:rotfl: Actually, I do like the smell of gas, especially race fuel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter