• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I feel like the rumors are all over the place. I've seen numerous "insiders" speculate Memorial day all the way up to late June. Disneyland's version seems to be October or later.
Memorial Weekend has been a popular opening weekend in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised. I would love it to open then, the lines will be shorter elsewhere in MK while I am there.

I also wouldn't hate if you could bump your friends who are going too slow ... horrible idea for safety, but the urge exists for me.
One day I climbed into my car and, as I always do, looked for the number to see if it was a number that is in use in the Cup Series (or Xfinity or Trucks but moreso for Cup). The CM gave me the usual spiel and I actually said to her "I'm in the 3 car. He made his living bumping people out of his way!"

I’m thinking Memorial Day weekend (lowest AP tier blocked out)—still calendar spring

June 10th (when new enhancements have already been announced for prior parks) still calendar spring

Juneteenth still calendar spring but a date I’ve been speculating with my friend ever since the “summer” timeframe dropped

I also suspect that any tickets requiring reservations will magically become unavailable to make new reservations on that date when it’s announced

I’m thinking Memorial Day weekend (lowest AP tier blocked out)—still calendar spring

June 10th (when new enhancements have already been announced for prior parks) still calendar spring

Juneteenth still calendar spring but a date I’ve been speculating with my friend ever since the “summer” timeframe dropped

I also suspect that any tickets requiring reservations will magically become unavailable to make new reservations on that date when it’s announced
I think I read that June 3-10th (those aren’t the exact dates but somewhere around there) are marked out for CMs for MK. So that leads me to believe that previews may be around that time.

In terms of June openings, Disney have Fantasy Springs on June 6th, Lighthouse Point at Lookout Cay on the June 8th cruise, and CommuniCore Hall on June 10th. I can't see them opening Tiana's between the 6th and the 10th as there is might be overshadowed by Fantasy Springs

Report: Disney Defeats Trian & Blackwells in Proxy Battle Over Board Seats
https://blogmickey.com/2024/04/repo...-blackwells-in-proxy-battle-over-board-seats/

According to a report from Reuters, Disney has secured enough votes to fend off a proxy battle from Trian Fund Management over seats on the Disney Board of Directors. Official results are expected at today’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders scheduled for 1pm ET.

In the report, Reuters says that sources familiar with the matter have said that enough votes have been cast to put Disney’s candidates safely ahead of challengers from Trian and Blackwells. Votes can still be cast and changed, but it’s not expected to change the outcome.

A victory in this proxy battle would clear the way for Iger and Co. to continue their phase of building, which includes an investment of $60 billion in its Experiences division, $30 billion of which is expected to go to theme parks over the next decade.

I'm hoping for anytime between now to late May. I really don't want to experience the Orlando summer heat again.

Memorial Weekend has been a popular opening weekend in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised. I would love it to open then, the lines will be shorter elsewhere in MK while I am there.
Half joking and half not, but I don't want to deal with all of the people/vloggers that have been hating on this ride since the beginning but for some reason they're in line 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter