Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird quirk I haven't seen mentioned:

I'm at Springs and fitting rooms are closed. Employees are encouraging you to try on what you need over your clothes. No access to the fitting room, just like, in the open.

It's super awkward and mildly embarrassing. Just an FYI if any ladies are headed to the dress shop at cherry tree lane. Bring a helper and prepare for things to get weird...
I thought that had been the case since Disney Springs reopened, but I could be wrong. I remember some of the posters in the Cherry Tree Dress Shop thread mentioning it.

The Flamingo Crossings Walgreens is finally open y’all. It’s like right next to Animal Kingdom. I think that the Flamingo Crossing development is going to be really nice when it’s done.

The Walgreens is three days old. The alcohol side is still in development.

Happy Saturday all!

A bit of a status update from overall Friday and boo bash:

Started the morning out at Epcot to have lunch at food and wine. Lines were low right at opening and quickly got longer for the lunch rush, but still nothing like in the past. I have encountered more than a handful of booths having trouble with their credit card/magic band machines so they have to direct people to a single register, not sure what is going on with that. The La Passion frozen martini slush in France remains delicious and I would like to petition for it to be a Disney food group.

We headed over to the Dis Family Reunion at the Contemporary Convention Center in the afternoon. This was my first Dis event and I enjoyed being able to walk around! At the auction I won a very cool and very large Cinderella 50th anniversary art print that I'm going to have reframed and hung in the house. Super excited about that! Also Give Kids the World is a wonderful charity, if any of you are unfamiliar I really encourage you to check it out.

We got to MK early for Boo Bash and had dinner at the Plaza. It was convenient and I'm glad we had a sit down booked but I would not book the plaza again. We had loaded fries which were frankly sad looking, I had crab cakes which somehow both didn't taste like crab yet also had shell in them, and DH had a burger which was OK.

We had boo bash in the evening. Ride times were low, longest wait I saw all night was 30min for Peter pan. Longest we waited was 20min for mine train (posted 15). We did Jungle Cruise, BTMM, Haunted Mansion, Mine Train, Space, and Buzz x2, saw 2 cavalcades, took a number of photopass photos, stopped to see eeyore and piglet, and hit every single candy station (my husband's primary goal). We have a lot of candy. Like a lot of candy.

Crowds were lower than MNSSHP in the past and I would compare this more to an after hours event. The cooler weather and low wait times made us feel this was worth the cost.

Today we are headed to Disney Springs now for brunch, TBD in the afternoon, and then have the Dis Family Reunion Give Kids the World after hours event in Galaxy's Edge tonight.

If you've got any questions about how things are going at the parks, let me know and I will weigh in the best I can!
I'm right behind you :) We leave in 3 hrs for 6am flight. Should get to BWV by 11am and we're hitting HS first :yoda: Sounds like you're having a great start! Boo Bash on Fri night is the last thing during our trip, we fly home 9am next morning. We are so excited!!! Going to cry at the fireworks and surely somewhere else too, lol. Have a fantasmic day :smickey:

Oct 1st is getting closer!.. i'm curious about the water fountains at Epcot... is it true that they will not be on during the day?

I read somewhere (maybe here?) that concept art was removed... if so.. what are they doing with those barges nowdays?

Oct 1st is getting closer!.. i'm curious about the water fountains at Epcot... is it true that they will not be on during the day?

I read somewhere (maybe here?) that concept art was removed... if so.. what are they doing with those barges nowdays?

They’re still testing them, but they have removed the concept artwork for the fountains around the lagoon. Nothing official on their operation beyond rumors from the removal of the art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter