Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to our Little
Disney News Discussion Thread!!

Here you can chat about Disney‘s latest breaking news, construction updates, procedural changes, openings and more... along with having a little bit of fun!!! I encourage everyone to be friendly and share in the discussion of the day!! Thank You all! ☺💃🏻
Thank you for starting this thread! It made me really sad to see things go crossways, and I was worried you’d say to heck with it and walk away.

I appreciate all you do to share the news and updates. And the gifs too!

I’m actually really surprised they haven‘t responded at all. I think they’re going to have to 🤷🏻‍♀️
...but I’ve been wrong about Disney vs. COVID before... Like insisting they wouldn’t close 🤦🏻‍♀️

Good Morning Everyone 🙃

WAIT TIMES 5/28/21
Good morning! :)
Yesterday's times don't look too bad overall across the 4 parks for most rides. I had checked MDE yesterday and was surprised that ToT was 25 minutes mid-afternoon. Looks like wait times for it yesterday were significantly lower than the 75+ it has been any time we've visited. We almost always rope drop it now lol.

Good morning! :)
Yesterday's times don't look too bad overall across the 4 parks for most rides. I had checked MDE yesterday and was surprised that ToT was 25 minutes mid-afternoon. Looks like wait times for it yesterday were significantly lower than the 75+ it has been any time we've visited. We almost always rope drop it now lol.

Morning!! Yeah they haven’t been bad!!! I guess we’ll see in the next few days if the holiday weekend/week affects them!

So, looks like no late night mask announcement like last time. Really curious what their next move is, and if they will even address it at all.
I have a feeling Disney is waiting on Mayor Demings to make the announcement to drop indoor masks in Orange County. And the word it that the mayor will make that announcement next week. OC is at a 4.7% positivity rate for the past 2 weeks.

I have a feeling Disney is waiting on Mayor Demings to make the announcement to drop indoor masks in Orange County. And the word it that the mayor will make that announcement next week. OC is at a 4.7% positivity rate for the past 2 weeks.

Yeah this is actually a spot where Disney could really still wait. The next few weeks are fully booked for theme park and resort guests who are already accepting enough of the current policies in place.

We'll see what happens though!

I’m actually really surprised they haven‘t responded at all. I think they’re going to have to 🤷🏻‍♀️
...but I’ve been wrong about Disney vs. COVID before... Like insisting they wouldn’t close 🤦🏻‍♀️
Way back in March of 2020 a lot of us made some really bad predictions. I was in the "Disney won't close" camp too. And then the "3 weeks and they'll reopen" camp.

Yeah this is actually a spot where Disney could really still wait. The next few weeks are fully booked for theme park and resort guests who are already accepting enough of the current policies in place.

We'll see what happens though!
I think they could for sure. Removing the outdoor restriction certainly took some pressure off. But we'll see what happens. With a trip next week I just wish I knew so I can be prepared (and manage my not always rational anxiety!)

You may want to post this in the Universal forums as well, I’m not sure how many of us Universal fans would see this under a Disney Rumors thread.

Maybe someone should start a Universal news thread over there? Could be helpful for those planning trips there too and then the news isn't lost in the Disney thread.

We're just doing one day at Universal and even that has been overwhelming to figure out when I'm more of a Disney person.

Maybe someone should start a Universal news thread over there? Could be helpful for those planning trips there too and then the news isn't lost in the Disney thread.

We're just doing one day at Universal and even that has been overwhelming to figure out when I'm more of a Disney person.
I'm surprised you say that. Universal is very simple to plan for as there isn't much planning.

I'm surprised you say that. Universal is very simple to plan for as there isn't much planning.
Maybe it's the lack of planning that throws Disney people off? I'm already so out of sorts with my next trip because I'm used to going over my FPs, making sure they line up well with my ADRs looking over any extras (dessert parties, after hours, early morning magic, etc). I don't know what to do with myself!:crazy2:

We're doing both parks in one day so it's more of being overwhelmed by what we should prioritize. But I got express pass so that should help! 👍🏻

Maybe it's the lack of planning that throws Disney people off? I'm already so out of sorts with my next trip because I'm used to going over my FPs, making sure they line up well with my ADRs looking over any extras (dessert parties, after hours, early morning magic, etc). I don't know what to do with myself!:crazy2:

This! 😂 'What do you mean I don't make dining reservations at Universal?!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter