• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave in 10 days! I have a feeling I am going to have to unfollow this thread for a bit afterwards because I am going to be salty that I missed so much, but still had the massive crowds. I did predict that Tusker House would reopen on my AK day, though a few weeks back!! One restaurant, however, will not eat up the extra crowds. More entertainment is needed ASAP!

Ugh we are going in a week on a big family trip that was supposed to be a substitute for 2 cancelled cruises. My dad is new to an ecv, everyone is kvetching about the heat... and now more parks passes but no more stuff. I need a dance because if this trip goes south, it'll be *my fault* as the Disney freak in the family who argued for it.... pray for me! :P

Ugh we are going in a week on a big family trip that was supposed to be a substitute for 2 cancelled cruises. My dad is new to an ecv, everyone is kvetching about the heat... and now more parks passes but no more stuff. I need a dance because if this trip goes south, it'll be *my fault* as the Disney freak in the family who argued for it.... pray for me! :P

I’m not in the same dancing league as mrsap, but maybe this will help. 🤞 Wishing you a successful trip with lots of fun

I'm really hoping next week will be a big news week for WDW now that Avengers Campus is open and has had the spotlight all week. Plus with June usually being the official start of summer we should be getting something right?

And btw, the AC land is filled with tons of small entertainment shows- sounds like there's at least four or five throughout the day. Plus Disneyland already had their operating hours extended until 10pm.. Seems so strange to me their pace in some areas is moving faster than WDW. 🤷‍♀️ Like why, why, why is Magic Kingdom still closing at 9 and HS at 8?

Okay okay, rant over. Bring on the dances and good vibes. 💃💃💃💃

Hope you all still have a wonderful trip this month. It stinks but maybe it can still work out.

WDW should choose to expand hours if things go sideways, that would help stagger the crowds at least. There have been recent massive callbacks, hopefully ever day more CMs are ready to go.

Need some help here!! 😆

Hope you all still have a wonderful trip this month. It stinks but maybe it can still work out.

WDW should choose to expand hours if things go sideways, that would help stagger the crowds at least. There have been recent massive callbacks, hopefully ever day more CMs are ready to go.

Need some help here!! 😆

lol I’m speechless😂🤣😂🤣 I think you have won the dance off

We're in the same situation; we're leaving in 7 days for an extended family trip of 9 people, and I'm worried about the heat and lack of things that we had hoped for to add to the magic for the other family members, in particular the monorail to Epcot, street entertainment on the Boardwalk, and a Chef Mickey's reservation. I'd love to not worry about masks, but I can handle that...and of course I'd love fireworks at (at least!) one of the parks, but if I could have the Boardwalk entertainers and Chef Mickey's, then I wouldn't feel like the family was missing out. When we started planning this last June, it never occurred to me that WDW would be open but limited. I KNOW we'll have a great time no matter what; I need to focus on that!

I'm really hoping next week will be a big news week for WDW now that Avengers Campus is open and has had the spotlight all week. Plus with June usually being the official start of summer we should be getting something right?

And btw, the AC land is filled with tons of small entertainment shows- sounds like there's at least four or five throughout the day. Plus Disneyland already had their operating hours extended until 10pm.. Seems so strange to me their pace in some areas is moving faster than WDW. 🤷‍♀️ Like why, why, why is Magic Kingdom still closing at 9 and HS at 8?

Okay okay, rant over. Bring on the dances and good vibes. 💃💃💃💃
Hopefully next week will be WDW news as the week of June 17th we'll get a lot of DLP reopening coverage with the new Cars retheme of the tram tour and the Marvel retheme of Hotel New York :)

I wanted to share some data on crowd levels and wait times to help ease the mind of those that might be panicking about a trip in the near future. Perhaps it will provide some perspective on what we are actually seeing live on the ground. Touringplans.com has been collecting real time data on actual attraction wait times for more than a decade. They use this to predict future waits, but they also share past data as a reference point.

I’ve reviewed that data for the last six weeks and compared it to the data for the same time period from 2019. These wait times are actual times. They are crowd sourced by people on the ground, not the posted wait times from Disney. It is also useful to know that these times are for standby lines.

In 2019, the average actual resort wide historical crowd level (a measure of wait times not bodies in the park) was just over 5 on a scale of 1-10. For that same period in 2021 it has been just under 2.

To give some specific examples here are the average wait times for yesterday vs those same attractions on that same day in 2019 (I chose to use the Friday following Memorial Day in 2019, which happened to be different than the first Friday in June, but the numbers on both were very similar)
MK
SDMT: 2019- 94 min, 2021- 53 minutes
HM: 2019 – 51 min, 2021- 25 min
SM:2019 – 78 min, 2021 – 45 min
Splash Mount:2019 – 89 min, 2021 – 60 min
PPF:2019 – 69 min, 2021 -34 min
BUZZ: 2019 – 51 min, 2021 24 minutes
HS
A2S: 2019 – 35 min, 2021- 22 min,
SDD: 2019 – 81 min, 2021 – 68 min,
TSMM: 2019-54 min, 2021 – 36 min
TZTT: 2019 – 103, 2021 – 32 min.

I’m tired of typing so I’m not going to continue, but rest assured the trends you see above continues across all four parks and has been constant for at least the last six weeks. Also know that the above waits are the average across the entire day. The wait is much shorter at certain times of day. Also know the “rope drop” advantage that has existed for years has not been nearly as evident recently. Early morning is not necessarily the best time to ride many rides anymore. In some cases, it is actually now the worst time or longest wait, headliners tend to spike within 30 minutes of open and then fall throughout the day.

I understand that there is no FP+, and those on this forum are experienced visitors who knew how to best take advantage of that systems, but if you take a little time to learn the ins and out of the current reality you can be just as effective in maximizing your time.
I hope that eases your minds at least a little.
Finally, since I am posting and rarely do, Thanks to MrsAP, and I wouldn’t object to an extra dance to bring back some boardwalk entertainment, and a little extra restaurant capacity for my trip which begins a week from today.

Just popping in to say that we wrapped up our vacation on Tuesday, and had a marvelous time. It was routinely in the 90s, but our cooling towels, visors, water and UV umbrella made it bearable.

As a FP+ true believer, I worried about the lines. But I think the longest we waited was 48 minutes for MFSR. We actually did SDMT after eating at LTT and waited only 35 minutes. And that was at 6:30! Most waits were walk ons (first hour after park opening) or in the 20-30 minute range. I know it's been said before, but it's really nice to be in a line that keeps moving, as opposed to waiting for 10 minutes in one spot as an influx of FastPass users comes through.

I know there might be more crowds in a few weeks, but I have to think they're going to start opening up some more shows to deal with the increase. At any rate, I wish all you June and Julyers a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

I leave in 10 days! I have a feeling I am going to have to unfollow this thread for a bit afterwards because I am going to be salty that I missed so much, but still had the massive crowds. I did predict that Tusker House would reopen on my AK day, though a few weeks back!! One restaurant, however, will not eat up the extra crowds. More entertainment is needed ASAP!
We leave in 12 days.... I completely understand you on this.

“Most recently, Disney has announced that Tusker House Restaurant will be reopening June 20th, but more than 80 dining locations remain closed around the theme parks and resorts.
Disney World recently held the largest ever “Traditions” Cast Member onboarding class as they hire hundreds, if not thousands, of Cast Members this summer.”

Let’s get this show on the road! 🤩

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter