• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever actually noticed the playgrounds (I'm terrible, lmao)- are these usually hot spots? Like is this a big or small deal?
When our kids were younger, the playgrounds were a big deal for us. Now that they are 8 and 10, it probably won't be as much as a draw for our family, but it'll be nice spot for families with younger kids to be able to take a break to run around and play.

Edit to add: and, I like that it's one more thing that's now open to help spread out guests.

I think the playgrounds reopening is a very good sign, especially because they opened the indoors one first. My daughter loved that when she was little, and I liked it because it was in the A/C and I could sit and just watch her play. We often hung out there way past when we could have ridden Dumbo just because she was having fun.

Now, give me back my topping bars, Disney! Oh, and Typhoon Lagoon!

I don't think I've ever actually noticed the playgrounds (I'm terrible, lmao)- are these usually hot spots? Like is this a big or small deal?

It was a big deal for me when my son was younger... since I started doing our trips just the two of us (single mom) those playgrounds were the one place I could be like 'okay go let loose' and recover/die on the bench. :rotfl2:

But yeah, I also second the sentiment it's just great to see more open to spread folks out! Since our trip is only about two weeks away I don't have high hopes for much else opening in time but would loveeeee to see some longer hours so here's hoping!

The one thing that I find disappointing about the revised scene is that it appears as if it's static. Am I just missing it in the video or did they eliminate the AA elements in the scene?

The movement of the rhino and the guy at the bottom who's going to "get the point in the end" is really what sells that scene! Sad if they just turned it into a static "sculpture."

I just saw that the scene now has animated characters and sound effects. They just hadn't turned them on right away. Looks cool!

But no mention of eat to the beat just local bands.
Definitely disappointing for a lot of people, I totally get it! I’m sure you’d rather see the original artists than local bands...but the way I’m looking at it, is as long as it’s good music, and live bands, I’d be happy!!! 💃🏻 😊 And you never know, they could always throw a couple celebrities in here or there! I guess we’ll have to just wait-and-see! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

It does say that the festival will open with the American Gardens Bandstand. Between that and the few slipups we've seen from artists posting dates on their sites, I am going to take it as by the end of the festival EttB will be back, in the more traditional way we are used to. They probably couldn't fill the whole F&W with more famous ($$$) acts, plus with restrictions and mandates in place they may not have been 100% ready to pack the theater.

ugh some of the NEW F&W booths sound bomb. This will be the first time in 6 years I will not be there for F&W. We are instead going in January and I worry it'll be "boring" with no festival. I think we will JUST miss Festival of the Arts. I don't even know what Epcot is like without a festival lol.

Guys, it’s my birthday, let’s do an extra dance for some Port Orleans or nighttime spectacular news soon! 🎉🎉

giphy.gif

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l0MYxGJLgrtxyU53O" width="480" height="352" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

This one can get quite busy, and my kids loved it in there. It’s such a nice spot to let kids run around and adults get air conditioning.

Its a big deal when small kiddos are restless waiting in line, or hanging around for rider swap- we utilized this, the Winnie the pooh play area, and the little play area under Splash Mtn. when doing rider swap there or at Big Thunder, the Boneyard when rider swapping Everest or Dinosaur, so I've been hoping they all open back up. Plus maybe the arcades for older kids at the resorts when it's raining and we need downtime from the parks.

Definitely disappointing for a lot of people, I totally get it! I’m sure you’d rather see the original artists than local bands...but the way I’m looking at it, is as long as it’s good music, and live bands, I’d be happy!!! 💃🏻 😊 And you never know, they could always throw a couple celebrities in here or there! I guess we’ll have to just wait-and-see! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
It's going to take awhile for these original bands to end up back at Epcot. Normally they are touring and just make Epcot part of their tour dates, but since covid almost all of the traveling touring bands don't have enough stops to make a tour so they are not ready to go on the road yet. That may change and some could show up later in the F&W dates..maybe sooner for some.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter