• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guess as to why they decided that THIS was the best way to roll this out? I figure they'd have the whole Boo Bash thing figured out since this is not their first rodeo. Hope all y'all who are/were on hold got tickets, my girlfriend got us them this morning! I don't know how to do gifs on Disboards, but good energy/dances for y'all on hold!

Curious, if this inflated price of Boo Bash is sold on Day 1 with people on the phone for 7 hours, why would you think they are going to bring back AP's? All we get is evidence after evidence that the can fill the parks to the brim and charge whatever they want, yet they are going to just go back to the old "yea, just give us $900 and go all year long, no biggie." Why literally lose money like that by bringing back that archaic system when there is zero need for it. They can fill the parks with full ticket prices, they don't need to beg people or sweeten the deal which was the sole purpose of AP's 30+ years ago when all they had was space mountain, cold hot dogs, and a ferris wheel.

Here's the deal - demand is outstripping supply, thus prices will rise. Amazingly, demand is not going down, like at all from the looks of it, and Disney is finding themselves with a bandwidth issue. The fact is LOTS of people want to pay to experience the Disney Parks. They have been expanding with things like the Skyliner and adding rides at the parks, but we are almost at a point where it's not enough. Crowds are high - people want more. They want the newest, the latest, the coolest experiences they can get. I honestly think we are getting close to it finally happening...it's time for that "Fifth Gate." 😮😎

Before I get a million reasons why not, I'm not saying this will happen immediately, but over the next couple of years I expect this to become a serious consideration.

Here's the deal - demand is outstripping supply, thus prices will rise. Amazingly, demand is not going down, like at all from the looks of it, and Disney is finding themselves with a bandwidth issue. The fact is LOTS of people want to pay to experience the Disney Parks. They have been expanding with things like the Skyliner and adding rides at the parks, but we are almost at a point where it's not enough. Crowds are high - people want more. They want the newest, the latest, the coolest experiences they can get. I honestly think we are getting close to it finally happening...it's time for that "Fifth Gate." 😮😎

Before I get a million reasons why not, I'm not saying this will happen immediately, but over the next couple of years I expect this to become a serious consideration.

You know some people here just want fastpass+ back, here you are asking for the moon! I'm 100% in full support of this, just will probably not start coming out in the rumor front again until after Epic Universe opens. I'd like it to start sooner, but that's just my feelings on it.

Typically when someone cherry picks a single obtuse correction(another example being grammar) and ignores the sentiment of the statement it's an attempt to either embarrass or distract from the overall point being made.

I highly doubt it was a historical accuracy interrogative statement. Especially given the way I am treated on these boards by a few specific people who are angry that I am suggesting changes to AP's are coming.
I had the same thought as Mr. Incredible and said to myself "wow, there used to be a ferris wheel?" I probably would have asked the same question if it hadn't been asked - just curious and had nothing to do with you as a poster. I find Disney history fascinating since I rarely went as a kid. So many old rides that I know nothing about (like that ride at Epcot that the 2 guys used to go behind the scenes and spend hours hiding in there).

I would put more money in them opening a Disney World Texas to relieve the numbers we are talking about here. 5th gate will not cut it, it will only exacerbate the problem. You have 80% of the country all targeting this single small(relatively) destination in FL. It's unsustainable.

So keep it up to pressure them into it is what I'm hearing? :idea:

I would put more money in them opening a Disney World Texas to relieve the numbers we are talking about here. 5th gate will not cut it, it will only exacerbate the problem. You have 80% of the country all targeting this single small(relatively) destination in FL. It's unsustainable.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think opening a park in Texas will change the WDW problem. At all.

You know some people here just want fastpass+ back, here you are asking for the moon! I'm 100% in full support of this, just will probably not start coming out in the rumor front again until after Epic Universe opens. I'd like it to start sooner, but that's just my feelings on it.

Ha ha - I'm not asking for it, I just see it as inevitable at this point. With Universal expanding, WDW is going to have to to maintain dominance. Poeple have hoped for it for years and years, but I think were finally getting close to that critical mass.

OK but is that an improvement? Didn't they already let you in the parking lot about an hour before park opening? But then you could walk straight through to your first ride. If they are still holding you at the toll booth then to me it's not a true rope drop of olden days where you could truly position yourself to be first if you really wanted to.

Last week we got to Epcot 30 minutes early and were allowed through only to wait in a line outside the queue for Spaceship Earth until right before the official park opening. Then they opened the actual queue to the ride. At DHS the lines were outside the toll booth until 30 minutes before park opening when they started letting everyone in. We were able to walk back to Slinky Dog Dash and get right in line and the ride started operating immediately.

Ohana Reopening Date Announced

Opening July 9 - Bookings available June 10!

Although Disney characters will not be hosting breakfast, a strolling musician will entertain guests for dinner.

For breakfast, start with pineapple-coconut breakfast bread, move on to Stitch and Mickey Mouse waffles, then dig into “eggs”cellent breakfast skillets with ham, sausage, and breakfast potatoes.

The ‘Ohana dinner features all-you-care-to-enjoy platters of grilled beef steak, roasted chicken, sausage, and island shrimp casserole served with fried rice and roasted broccolini. And yes, ‘Ohana pot stickers, crispy soy chicken wings, and the signature ‘Ohana bread pudding served warm with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream are back! Yippee!

Last edited:
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think opening a park in Texas will change the WDW problem. At all.
Care to elaborate?

I don't think a park in Texas would fix things either. I live local to Disneyland but I still desperately want to get out to WDW. I love the little immersive bubble, the resorts, water parks, the 4 main parks, etc. If Texas were to happen, it wouldn't be to the scale of WDW, at least not for a long time and I would still skip right it over to get to WDW. Add to that the close proximity to Universal Orlando, and Florida would take the cake every time for me.

Sorry Mrsap! I was typing this when you asked us to get back on topic :(

Welp. This is extremely disappointing. No Stitch at Ohana. That's the one character spot my wife Actually wants to visit.

ETA: They'll be receiving an email from me. Aster spending $3,000 on a vacation package, 250 Calls, and 7 hours on the phone ALL TODAY... Someone needs to hear the frustration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter