• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are definitely torturing people who booked for August-September. Like "hey, we'll finally have enough guests and staff to bring back most of what you love...but eh let's wait for October 1st just cuz".
Yeah it rubs me the wrong way that they’re holding back stuff not related to MK and the 50th to make believe it’s part of the celebration.

This !!! Can we make "'Ohana skewers" trend on twiiter!!!???
This! I just asked on another thread who wants to start a petition to bring back the skewers?!?!

IMHO I think the skewers were retired because of COVID. Carrying around skewers of meat through the restaurant from table to table doesn't seem like a good idea right now. Maybe they will come back when the buffets come back?

If anyone sees that they start opening more tables at restaurants over the next few months, please post on here as soon as you book your previously unavailable dining! I keep stalking the app, but I'm scared that I'm going to miss my Topolinos breakfast in the 30min I'm not checking.

If anyone sees that they start opening more tables at restaurants over the next few months, please post on here as soon as you book your previously unavailable dining! I keep stalking the app, but I'm scared that I'm going to miss my Topolinos breakfast in the 30min I'm not checking.
Okay, so it's not just me. I swear, the keep increasing park capacity, but it doesn't seem like they have kept pace with restaurant reservations. There is apparently only 1 table for 6 people in many restaurants, and it is has the same hours in every restaurant: 4:30, 6, 7:30, or 9. If you miss those, there are no other tables available. Like, come on, I know some of these places use to have LOTS of 6-tops...even if you brought down numbers, did you have to eliminate those?

Set up a dining alert. They search for you. You just have to be quick enough to secure the reservation. :)

IMHO I think the skewers were retired because of COVID. Carrying around skewers of meat through the restaurant from table to table doesn't seem like a good idea right now. Maybe they will come back when the buffets come back?
Even if they discontinued using skewers that go from table to table because of health concerns, they could have served the meats that used to be on those skewers using the family style platter service model. Reducing the quality of the meat offerings has nothing to do with preventing spread of diseases.

I desperately miss FP+. We go frequently enough that we do our 3, play the refresh game to maybe get a few extras, then leave and enjoy the resort/springs. FP+ definitely benefitted those who knew how to "work the system", but for those of us that could, waits were always minimal. It's weird now having to go wait in real lines for extended periods of time :scared:

We actually took a resort only trip last month because we just didn't have an interest in doing the standby lines over a weekend. Obviously if FP dies we will adjust, but I miss it dearly.

Also please nobody tell my husband about the arcades. We are going to just let him think those are still closed for the time being! :rotfl2:

Same here with FP+, we used the Refresh system to get extras, and never ended up waiting in long lines. I get that if you're a larger party that's an issue, but with one or two people, it's SO easy to get extra FPs with the current system. Especially if you're not traveling during really busy times.

Set up a dining alert. They search for you. You just have to be quick enough to secure the reservation. :)
I have the Touring Plans ones set, but I can only do 2 and I have lots of options to choose from when we're there. I always miss the *********** ones.

Fair enough - in the last thread I thought they weren't allowed but it seems like it's just not a good source so it wasn't used.

I didn’t follow the last thread so I didn’t know. I get his emails and didn’t know it wasn’t always legit. I used to link him on another thread and never heard he wasn’t a good source. 😳

Last edited:
Even if they discontinued using skewers that go from table to table because of health concerns, they could have served the meats that used to be on those skewers using the family style platter service model. Reducing the quality of the meat offerings has nothing to do with preventing spread of diseases.
That is true. Other than the shrimp, I wasn't aware that the quality has declined.

Just saw a rumor on the Disney Pop Century FB page, that starting June 15th masks will be optional for fully vaccinated guests. No good sources to back this up yet, but the screenshot they had did look like the font and typeface of the Disney site. They said it wasn't posted to the site yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter