Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Come on, Boneyard!!
We were at AK this morning and can confirm that the boneyard is still closed.

As for preshows, it was nice to skip the Dinosaur preshow and the “move around a little” and de-space-lice part of the FOP preshow which always felt gratuitously long. We haven’t ridden MMRR and the preshow for HM is part of its charm so I wouldn’t mind those being back though.

All the rides we went on still had the social distancing markers on the ground in the queues. Our group of 7 was solo in the abbreviated pre-show on FOP and they are still limiting capacity on the buses.

Edit: one nice thing about no FP+ (we do miss it) is that we got to see the various props/rooms including the big Avatar in the pod in the standby line on FOP that we have never seen before because we’ve done FP+ every other time we’ve ridden it.

Last edited:
We were at AK this morning and can confirm that the boneyard is still closed.

As for preshows, it was nice to skip the Dinosaur preshow and the “move around a little” and de-space-lice part of the FOP preshow which always felt gratuitously long. We haven’t ridden MMRR and the preshow for HM is part of its charm so I wouldn’t mind those being back though.

All the rides we went on still had the social distancing markers on the ground in the queues. Our group of 7 was solo in the abbreviated pre-show on FOP and they are still limiting capacity on the buses.
we were also at AK today and while lots of social distancing markers remain, there are lots and lots of marks on the grounds where they have been peeled up. Been here over a week and there are fewer each day.

we were also at AK today and while lots of social distancing markers remain, there are lots and lots of marks on the grounds where they have been peeled up. Been here over a week and there are fewer each day.

This is our first time back since last February. There definitely were a few places where a line was missing based on the distance between them but most were still there and people generally seemed to follow them and kept space between groups.

Disneyland Paris finally getting Mobile Ordering
https://pixiedust.be/disneyland-paris-finally-gets-mobile-ordering

AP discount can be applied.

4 more days till my trip... I am so ready to be back!
I can’t believe it took this long - when we went to DLP a few years ago, the longest waits we had - by far - were for food. It was absolutely bonkers. I’m talking an hour+ just to place a QS order (and they weren’t even busy!).

Glad that Mobile Order is an option if we ever get back there! We loved DLP aside from that!

I can’t believe it took this long - when we went to DLP a few years ago, the longest waits we had - by far - were for food. It was absolutely bonkers. I’m talking an hour+ just to place a QS order (and they weren’t even busy!).

Glad that Mobile Order is an option if we ever get back there! We loved DLP aside from that!
I'm not French, so can't talk about why it is taking long with everything technological in France, but I'm not surprise. You see it in several places of French culture, as paper tickets for subway, I worked for a French/Dutch company at customer service. We still had a fax in 2010 because the French still used it. I only apply/extend for an AP in person, as doing it by snail mail is an absolute pain.

As of the reopening we will also get online check in for hotels (although it doesn't seem to work yet). We have had some tests of electronic fastpasses, but nothing successful yet. They have created it already in the app called 'standby passes' but I don't think this will be active with covid restrictions. Same for online reservations for restaurants, for a really long time only small countries could do it via the DLP website (The Netherlands could, but France & UK couldn't). They apparently needed a long test period before they could implement it for the entire world.
I do suspect that it is partially because the Walt Disney Company got a majority of the shares again in DLP

There's only one day in the next three weeks where AK is 8-5 (Sunday the 27th). It's 8-7 all of the other days, including days before and after that one day. I don't know what is going on that day to make them close early, but I suspect there is a reason and they won't change those hours. Have you considered swapping your AK day to another day, and doing something else that Sunday (Epcot appears to be available)?
I believe AK closes at 5 on June 22-what it says in my MDE-

My wife asked the monorail attendant about when the epcot line might return. He said it was unknown and was anxious for it to come back because that was his original position. When asked what was keeping it closed he said that he believed it was a lack of staffing combined with an inability to keep enough trains in serviceable condition to run all three routes. (I'll ask my bus driver tomorrow and see if I can get some definitive confirmation)
He also offered some cryptic statrmemt about immeninent news on some other front that may effect epcot. Unfortunately there was a lot of lightening today so I couldn't get the reliable scoop from the boat captain on my way from CCV to MK.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter