Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just say that I was fairly confused when I checked in and there was several pages of hype about an announcement of news that didn't exist.

Also, as it turns out there may have been big news that leaked but it has nothing to do with FP or restaurants opening.
👀

Not sure if this is the right space to ask, but is anyone else missing their plans in the app/on the site? I'm sure it's another glitch but just wondering. Thanks.

No idea if this is a change, I think it is, Disneyland Paris' wifi blocks 18+ content!

I am on my phone, it is 10.30 in the evening and I get a link to an x-rated video via WhatsApp from a friend. The wifi doesnt let me access it, and asks me to call Customer Care 🙃 (as if they are open at this time)

It is not that it is dangerous, it is unsuitable. DLP decides what is suitable for me 😉 I feel judged. I wonder how much x-rated stuff did people watch or visit unsuitable websites at DLP that this was necessary.

I think it was the combination of implications of insider information with the other rumors from other forums about FP+ or a new FP being released. A lot of us made the connection. And for those of us with trips in a week, whether something gets announced today or next week makes a big difference.

It is a mixture of this combined with the fact the poster leaned into the hype, soaking up the attention rather than being forthright and upfront that they had no insider information, just suspicion. It’s easy to enjoy the attention It’s sucks to deal with the fallout. While there was no outright lie, this could have all been avoided it there was no lean in.

Not trying to add to negativity, but at the risk of being seen as "piling on" I have to admit that I thought tgree9369 had an insider source based on posts such as these...

Maybe all of that was just being playful, but I took these statements at face value. But I'm not bitter like some to find out that I was perhaps hoodwinked. Let the dancing resume!
Me too. I’ll survive, but I got punked and I’ll own it 😭

lol there are MANY other sources to get news, honestly even quicker so why are you here if you're so miserable about all the fun?

Just speaking for myself-- (don't like to speculate why others might or might not have been upset) --- I loved the fun, but some of the posts did get my hopes up and did sound like insider info (unless I am looking into it too much) --

No idea if this is a change, I think it is, Disneyland Paris' wifi blocks 18+ content!

I am on my phone, it is 10.30 in the evening and I get a link to an x-rated video via WhatsApp from a friend. The wifi doesnt let me access it, and asks me to call Customer Care 🙃 (as if they are open at this time)

View attachment 583078

It is not that it is dangerous, it is unsuitable. DLP decides what is suitable for me 😉 I feel judged. I wonder how much x-rated stuff did people watch or visit unsuitable websites at DLP that this was necessary.

I feel like I'm missing something here.

What was the video?

View attachment 583078

Now it's getting interesting...

View attachment 583078

My guess is they have had issues with people watching things like that in public (the parks, lobbies, restaurants, etc). I remember seeing news stories about Starbucks putting a filter on their wifi a while back because people kept watching "unsuitable" videos. It also doesn't really fit Disney's image.

View attachment 583078

What was the name of the video?

It is a mixture of this combined with the fact the poster leaned into the hype, soaking up the attention rather than being forthright and upfront that they had no insider information, just suspicion. It’s easy to enjoy the attention It’s sucks to deal with the fallout. While there was no outright lie, this could have all been avoided it there was no lean in.
you nailed it

It’s a Disney message board on the internet. Don’t take it so seriously. If you want faster Disney news without all the rift raft, go to any Disney blog or the actual Disney parks blog and look at them instead of here. I rather come here and shoot the ish with people and have a little fun. I don’t take any speculation serious. But it’s fun to talk about it IMO.

WELCOME EVERYONE!!!!!!!

View attachment 577870
This was the second post by mrsap on opening date of thread. She has done an amazing job of keeping everyone informed and incorporating some fun into the process, so I send a huge thank you to her for everything she has done!! Most people on these boards are probably very anxious to hear the latest news from Disney because we all have so much invested in our vacations, including money, time, and emotions. I have personally enjoyed reading through the thread and have looked forward to both the daily updates and the humor but understand that others may just be seeking news. Mrsap usually links news with captions that are shown in large blue font, which should help everyone find the news. I really did not believe anyone posting here had insight about a major news drop. We find out when Disney lets us know. Now for the element of fun (per thread title) - In the words of ELO, "don't bring me down"!:duck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter