• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really curious to see what a full capacity world looks like post covid at Disney
Universal is supposedly at full capacity. We went there this weekend and it was decently busy. Very much like spring break crowds.
Uni is on top of buses though. We never waited more than 10 minutes.

curious with the park reservations at Disney if they’ll keep things at a lower capacity. I went to AK last week and had a survey. It was mostly about crowding, what areas got congested, how walking was between areas, how did I feel about park passes (and the new usual questions about health and safety)

less customers at a higher price still nets the same profit for Disney with a better guest experience.

Yikes. That is pretty discouraging news.
Is it though?

without APs, locals are being forced to buy tickets.
Tickets cost more.
No APs mean less casual visitors.
Less casual visitors could mean a better overall experience.
less cast members are needed because of innovations.

will be interesting to see the books are for Disney this year to understand what was going on behind the scenes

I’m really curious to see what a full capacity world looks like post covid at Disney

It makes my skin crawl in a not so good way. Guess I'll see it at Thanksgiving..

Unless they open all the resort rooms it will be less crowded,there's a lot of people like me...that will not go unless they are in the "Bubble"
Just call me the bubble boy..:)

I wouldn't mind being in a bubble for the upcoming massive crowds.

Just an observation today from Liberty Tree Tavern that is hopefully optimistic... every server was being followed by another in training. Also, our server told us that there are still around 400 former restaurant cast members that have not been recalled yet.
As soon as they are up to speed a bunch of additional ADR's will open up for the restaurants that are open...all tables will be used.
We just need a certain hard to get one right now for next weekend on the 4th...:)

I would have sworn I saw a news blurb about CM blackouts being lifted after 3pm each day but I scrolled and searched and can't find it. Was that in this thread? Or did I dream it?

I would have sworn I saw a news blurb about CM blackouts being lifted after 3pm each day but I scrolled and searched and can't find it. Was that in this thread? Or did I dream it?
I definitely saw the same thing. Maybe it was in the Here Now and Just Back thread?

Good Morning from Disney World!! :earsgirl:

WAIT TIMES 6/23/21

Hey guys! So, I just wanted to give you a heads up, since I’m not going to be able to give 100% to this thread in the upcoming weeks, I’ve asked a couple of our fellow friends/posters if they would please keep on top of the news for all of you! I’d appreciate it if you could please be supportive 😊 Thanks so much @HokieRaven5 and @Heather07438, I truly appreciate it 😊 I’ll be sure to put in a good word with Mickey for the thread! (not sure if it would be weird to just start dancing!) 😆 Hopefully he’ll send some more good news your way!!! I’ll stop in time to time, and I’ll report any new changes if I see any. but in the meantime… I’ll miss you guys! 🤞🏻💃🏻 🤗

Good Morning from Disney World!! :earsgirl:

View attachment 584328

WAIT TIMES 6/23/21

Hey guys! So, I just wanted to give you a heads up, since I’m not going to be able to give 100% to this thread in the upcoming weeks, I’ve asked a couple of our fellow friends/posters if they would please keep on top of the news for all of you! I’d appreciate it if you could please be supportive 😊 Thanks so much @HokieRaven5 and @Heather07438, I truly appreciate it 😊 I’ll be sure to put in a good word with Mickey for the thread! (not sure if it would be weird to just start dancing!) 😆 Hopefully he’ll send some more good news your way!!! I’ll stop in time to time, and I’ll report any new changes if I see any. but in the meantime… I’ll miss you guys! 🤞🏻💃🏻 🤗

Have the best time!! Enjoy yourself, you deserve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter