Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a good sign for in-park dessert parties returning, right?

Maybe. Maybe not. I can see one for HarmonioUS coming out quicker than one for Disney Enchantment. With HarmonioUS, they could just set up a dessert party the way they did for IllumiNations without skipping a beat. Disney Enchantment is a little trickier. With HAE, we know the prime viewing locations, and they were able to close off one of them for a dessert party. With the projections down MSUSA, where exactly is the prime location for DE going to be? Same spots? The middle of MSUSA? The flagpole or train station? Are the projections on MSUSA essential or just a nice added bonus for those who can't get closer to the castle? Until they know, can safely close off the location to party guests only and can figure out how and where to serve the desserts, I don't see them releasing anything yet. Although, I am sure they are trying to figure out the logistics as quickly as possible.

Maybe. Maybe not. I can see one for HarmonioUS coming out quicker than one for Disney Enchantment. With HarmonioUS, they could just set up a dessert party the way they did for IllumiNations without skipping a beat. Disney Enchantment is a little trickier. With HAE, we know the prime viewing locations, and they were able to close off one of them for a dessert party. With the projections down MSUSA, where exactly is the prime location for DE going to be? Same spots? The middle of MSUSA? The flagpole or train station? Are the projections on MSUSA essential or just a nice added bonus for those who can't get closer to the castle? Until they know, can safely close off the location to party guests only and can figure out how and where to serve the desserts, I don't see them releasing anything yet. Although, I am sure they are trying to figure out the logistics as quickly as possible.

I'm wondering if instead of using Tomorrowland Terrace for the dessert parties in MK they will switch to something similar to the parade viewing events they hold at Tony's during the Halloween and Christmas parties. We've never done one of those, but I'm pretty sure the viewing area was down by the flagpole which seems to be a better spot than Tomorrowland Terrace to view both the castle and Main Street projections.

But as you point out, we really don't know what the prime viewing area is going to be yet until we actually see the show. We can only guess. One thing's for sure, though. Disney will know what it is and find a way to monetize it :rotfl2: !

What if part of the train station refurb includes an Enchantment party porch? 🤔

I'd be all for it. I always preferred watching the parades and fireworks from the train station. They could rope off the whole area from the flagpole to the tunnels under the train station, including the steps up. This would give a lot of room for people to be spaced out with what could be prime viewing? They could even open the back stage area behind MSUSA for the desserts before and/or after, unless that becomes a fire hazard having the emergency exit blocked with tables, particularly during the busy seasons.

Good! Now they’ll stop trying to seat us at Diamond Horseshoe when we have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern!
It looks like the same menu as Liberty Tree. Maybe they were getting complaints about the alternate seating, but still needed the added space, so they decided to give people a choice by making both locations bookable.

Last edited:
It loo

It looks like the same menu as Liberty Tree. Maybe they were getting complaints about the alternate seating, but still needed the added space, so they decided to give people a choice by making both locations bookable.

I noticed the menu was missing the price this morning. For less theming, the meal should be $5 less per person!

There is theming in Diamond Horseshoe, but it's different the LTT. I actually like the theming in there. I wish they still had performances. Got to see one right before they ended at Disneyland.

I'm kind of interested in eating in there as I never have so I'll be interested to see if they keep the LTT menu or go back to the original. I would also love the see the LTT a la carte menu return.

Tokyo Dining reopening tomorrow with an updated menu

Tokyo Dining will reopen on 8/27 with limited capacity! From 8/27-8/30 hours will be from 2 pm to 8 pm then closed on 8/31 & 9/1 and reopen from Thursday to Monday! Walk-in only until further notice.

I kind of like that Disney is keeping some TS restaurants as walk up only. In Epcot, you're going to have Spice Road, Tokyo Dining and the new Creperie (at least - there may be more I'm forgetting) that all don't take ADR's at least for the time being. I know sometimes we think we aren't going to want a TS meal on a certain day but then end up regretting it and just wanting a place to chill for an hour or so and have a nice meal. At that point you're kind of left with the scraps during busier times. This way, we'll have more options.

I kind of like that Disney is keeping some TS restaurants as walk up only. In Epcot, you're going to have Spice Road, Tokyo Dining and the new Creperie (at least - there may be more I'm forgetting) that all don't take ADR's at least for the time being. I know sometimes we think we aren't going to want a TS meal on a certain day but then end up regretting it and just wanting a place to chill for an hour or so and have a nice meal. At that point you're kind of left with the scraps during busier times. This way, we'll have more options.

Spice Road doesn't have entrees on the menu now, so it's a little different. It's back to the lounge/tapas bar it was when it first opened (which I like).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter