Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you get to choose between no kermit, a dead man, or a jerk. I guess some kermit is better than no kermit. No one could ever replace Jim Henson anyway.
Oh, I hadn't heard that guy in between was a jerk! I'm off to google

Oh, I hadn't heard that guy in between was a jerk! I'm off to google
https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/7/...mit-the-frog-voice-actor-steve-whitmore-fired for others. I'll be honest, though it's a little crass and embarrassing, I just assumed the previous voice actor died and they didn't do a great job casting a new person (I mean - I know next to nothing about acting and voice-over work but I'm a little surprised they couldn't find anyone to better match the voice than this - though I also get there's more to it than the voice). My last real Muppet experience was Jason Segel's movie - I missed the Most Wanted and I think there's one more (maybe that was the tv show). It would be interesting to see if my kids hear a difference or if that's not on their radar.

ETA - the DragonCon video that is in the link - that doesn't sound like the old voice I'm used to, either. Maybe (and I'm reticent to admit this), my hearing has shifted (or maybe it's the computer! It's the computer! 😁).

One more ETA - the VP of Muppets Studio seems so incredibly tense (and given they wouldn't let the actor do interviews alone but then he brought Kermit ... wow! I'm sort of surprised that exact moment wasn't enough to get him fired!).

Last edited:

Disney World Park Hours Extended for Holiday Season

Magic Kingdom
  • December 11: Park hours extended 9am to 10pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
  • December 12, 14, 16, 17: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 8pm)
  • December 13, 15, 18: Park hours extended 9am to 10pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
  • December 30-31: Park hours extended 9am to 1am (previously 9am to 12am)
EPCOT
  • December 5-6, 10-12, 18-30, January 1: Park hours extended 10am to 10pm (previously 11am to 10pm)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  • December 5: Park hours extended 9am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • December 6, 11: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • December 7-10: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • December 12, 18: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • December 13-17: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 9am to 7pm)

Swimming pool refurbishments begin at Disney's Art of Animation Resort in January 2022

The Flippin' Fins Pool will be closed for refurbishment beginning in early January with a reopening expected in late February 2022. The Big Blue Pool and the Cozy Cone Pool will remain open during the refurbishment.

In late February, the Cozy Cone Pool will close for its refurbishment, with an expected reopening in mid-April 2022. The Big Blue Pool and the Flippin' Fins Pool will be available during the closure of the Cozy Cone pool.

are there photopass photographers at the princesses, or only you and your phone? (or worse - those automated cameras.....?)

We saw this while at Disney last week and were shocked at how far it is from the original platform. It is literally all of the way past every bus stop and by the road near Contemporary. Those poor people who end up at that one!
I think it’s there only while being built. The entire structure will then be moved to the TTC dock, where a location has been prepared for it to be attached. Photos in the article linked above.

are there photopass photographers at the princesses, or only you and your phone? (or worse - those automated cameras.....?)

just "selfies" the person behind us in line for Mickey back in November was kind enough take a photo of my sister and I together....
During Wine and Dine weekend however some of the or course meets DID have photopass so I imagine like everything else it's a staff issue

DVC Members Can Register for Special Fireworks Viewing Area During Very Merriest After Hours

View attachment 627960

Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Members will have access to a special fireworks viewing area for Disney Vey Merriest After Hours parties now through December 21st. Members are required to sign up for the special fireworks viewing area at the following URL: http://disneyurl.com/DVCMerriest
This is awesome! I hope things like this stick around. I just registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter