Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have lot of shows coming tomorrow December 1st. Too many too list looks like a lot of National Geographic stuff.

December 3 We have one day at Disney.
This looks pretty good.

December 5. Thor ragnarok

Is there somewhere to easily see what's new? That's one of the upgrades the app could use - it needs a "Just Added" section or something along those lines.

Is there somewhere to easily see what's new? That's one of the upgrades the app could use - it needs a "Just Added" section or something along those lines.

I just google something like, what’s coming to Disney plus in December.

Agree they need to have a just added section.

Are there going to be second seasons of Imagineering and the Mandalorian?

Also, is anyone else a bit annoyed that you can only have 50 items max added to your watchlist?

I feel like this first season is to get an overview of all the parks With how they relate to the history of the company itself. If they do more seasons they could do episodes on specific lands or rides discussing the history of design and theming.

There will be a different show coming out in 2020 called "Behind the Attraction" that will go into the history, construction, and continued updates of specific rides. I'm very excited for that show - it's from the people who make "The Toys That Made Us" on Netflix, which is easily one of my favorite docu-series out there.

I'm going to have to watch episode 4 again cause I didn't really understand the whole thought process behind the "California Land" theme park. I've never been to California so bare with me but is California land a part of Disneyland or is it something separate that just owned and operated by Disney. Also, it seems as if everyone knew California land was cheap and chintzy and nowhere near the Disney standards but yet they kept going and pretty much hated their own end result. This is the part that has me somewhat confused so I'm going to watch it again and pay better attention to this part. I love the Imagineering shows.

How great would Westcot been if it would have been built? I think it would have been the best park at least in the US and probably have rivaled the Tokyo parks.

I'm going to have to watch episode 4 again cause I didn't really understand the whole thought process behind the "California Land" theme park. I've never been to California so bare with me but is California land a part of Disneyland or is it something separate that just owned and operated by Disney. Also, it seems as if everyone knew California land was cheap and chintzy and nowhere near the Disney standards but yet they kept going and pretty much hated their own end result. This is the part that has me somewhat confused so I'm going to watch it again and pay better attention to this part. I love the Imagineering shows.

So "California Land" is officially called "Disney California Adventure" and is just across from the entrance to Disneyland Park - literally like 100 yards away. It is part of the Disney Land resort and you can get "Hopper" tickets to go from one park to the other.

They had been trying for years to figure out what to do for a 2nd park there and every "good" idea was deemed to cost too much money and after the failure (financially at least) of Euro Disney they were gun shy to overinvest in any other new park. So eventually Eisner greenlit the California themed park but even during the construction of it the budget for cut further. So you had a "cheap" park being built even more on the cheap

So eventually Eisner greenlit the California themed park but even during the construction of it the budget for cut further. So you had a "cheap" park being built even more on the cheap
Not only was it 'cheap' but it existed in, of all places, California where most of the DL visitors lived.

Oh yeah, the idea wasn't great anyway. As if someone would see the fake Golden Gate Bridge at the front and be like "welp, I am sure the real one is the same so no need to go to San Francisco"

Yes, but to allay any concerns that anyone may havve who haven't been there, they did fix it and it is a very nice theme park now - it just toook a massinve redevelopment and the additions of several new things like Cars Land - it's now a great accompaniment to Disneyland!

Last edited:
Yes, but to allay any concerns that anyone may havve who haven't been there, they did fix it and it is a very nice theme park now - it jsut toook a massinve redevelopment and the additions of several new things like Cars Land - it's now a great accompaniment to Disneyland!

Except now with the more recent changes there’s not much California themed stuff left...they really should rename it at this point. I’m glad I took my once in a lifetime trip (for now at least) before they changed the pier and ToT.

Yes, but to allay any concerns that anyone may havve who haven't been there, they did fix it and it is a very nice theme park now - it jsut toook a massinve redevelopment and the additions of several new things like Cars Land - it's now a great accompaniment to Disneyland!

Yes, I feel that while Iger only built one new park he did have to "fix" (or is still in the process of fixing) several that weren't complete to begin with or that hadn't seen updates in a long time (obviously mixed reaction as to all of these "fixes")

Personally I still didn't really like DCA when we visited but certainly is better than the original park

Remember there’s a lot of new stuff that’s been added today. Lots of. National Geographic shows.
I couldn’t find expedition Amelia on National Geographic had to put a search in for it. If your wanting to watch it . I’m sure it will be added to the National Geographic section sometime soon.
Someone else said here they need a just added section. It will be very handy especially days like today when a lot has been added.

Yes they did fix it. Its a much better park now with some really great sections/attractions. People really need to give it a try when they visit Disneyland.

Yes they did fix it. Its a much better park now with some really great sections/attractions. People really need to give it a try when they visit Disneyland.

Yep I really need to get back to Disneyland.
Got points to California but only been there one time in 10 years. Won’t be for at least a couple more years as I just rented out almost all my California points this week. Three different families. One was a friend and the other two was through David’s. Some year I will be back.

Except now with the more recent changes there’s not much California themed stuff left...they really should rename it at this point. I’m glad I took my once in a lifetime trip (for now at least) before they changed the pier and ToT.
We definitely went after a lot of things were "fixed". Looking at the pins I purchased while there, it looks like it was December 2013. We were fortunate enough to be able to coincide seeing Kurt Russell doing the CP. Dh had training in Anaheim the following spring so we purchased Annual Passes since we knew we'd be going back a few months later for our niece's graduation, too. While hubby was in class for training I was frolicking in Carsland :) Speaking of, Carsland was definitely the best themed land I had ever experienced. Obviously now Harry Potter would probably win out. Still, Carsland is amazing. We saw Aladdin at the Hyperion Theater there, which was amazing and I was able to see Walt's apartment on a tour I took. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the California parks are a must see. I really think you can feel Walt there and knowing he walked those paths makes it feel pretty real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter