• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ Offer?

Yeah I can't book anything. The TA e-mail from yesterday said that they would use a virtual queue if necessary, so I don't know why they aren't doing that.

LOL. As soon as I hit "post", I refreshed the page and am now in a waiting room.

Last edited:

I've been in a waiting room for a while. I have a feeling these cruises are going to sell out. There aren't very many of them. There is only 1 date we could go.

It's just crazy to me that they didn't use a waiting room to start with and that there's no estimated wait time. They used a waiting room on WDW's site first thing this morning for that Disney+ offer that spans literally two weeks, lol.

Someone posted on a Facebook group that their TA was able to get through to DCL by phone and DCL is having trouble booking cruises due to an issue on their end as well.

I’ve been in the waiting room a long time. No estimated time, either. I’m not optimistic that there will be anything left by the time I get through.

After being in the waiting room, the website just kicked me out and said access denied. And now I can't even access the website!! I did leave a message for my TA with details as to dates, room, etc. Hopefully I will hear back soon!

Their website has been crashing since this was announced. I texted my TA last night so that she'd have it all ready. I wanted to gift a small cruise to my niece for all that she does taking care of my dad with dementia. She has Disney+ and 2 children so this was perfect to make it affordable enough that I could do this. It took a $5000+ cruise down to $3426. Awesome!
My TA sounded like she was having no problems booking this, not the usual feeding frenzy like when new itineraries are released.
Good luck everyone!! :goodvibes

I was just released from Waiting room jail and allowed to get through to adding the cruise to my cart, then had to re-authenticate to the site and now it's stuck. I will also add that the discount was not showing in my cart with the 3rd and 4th passenger fares being removed.

I was just released from Waiting room jail and allowed to get through to adding the cruise to my cart, then had to re-authenticate to the site and now it's stuck.
Yep, I was released from the waiting room but then when I tried to filter for the special offer, I was shunted back into said waiting room.

I finally got through! But by then my sign-in status timed out, so the offer wasn't available. So I signed in and I'm back in the waiting room. It's the circle of...not life exactly, but it is a circuitous loop.

After a 45 minute wait, I then was able to start looking at prices.... without the Disney+ discount. I can look at the rate details and extrapolate as to what they might be.

Disney should be so proud of itself! Time and time again, it proves its the industry leader in innovation and customer service! /s

People are wanting to spend thousands or tens of thousands on cruises, but they can't be bothered to make a system that can handle a heavy load of traffic. Or to roll out a promo in a manner that doesn't take hours of their customers time to use. Maybe the top execs could forgo 5% of their bonuses next year so they can afford some servers and better programmers? I just can't fathom a company making 70 billion in revenue each year and absolutely refusing to build competent IT systems.

This was another time I appreciated having a travel agent -- after corresponding with her last night, I had an email from her at 9:05 am with an updated reservation confirmation. Our Category 4A Fantasy cruise with 4 adults dropped from $7955 to $5575.

I still can't believe Disney is giving me free money. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, because I don't see what's in this for them. They might get some people to book who wouldn't have otherwise, but they might annoy many more (including current customers) with the web site access issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter