Disney+ Offer?

I experimented - It would allow me to hold the cruise until midnight on Sep 11 (3-day hold) without payment. That might be enough time to get through on the phone.

Still don’t remember when you chose dining.

Good luck.
I think we cross posted - so see my response above. But, I'll say it again, you are brilliant!

I think we cross posted - so see my response above. But, I'll say it again, you are brilliant!
You posted while I was play booking. I love the thought of saving $2600. It’s like Christmas in September.

I read that this type of savings hasn’t occurred since 2013. I guess since it’s not just Kids Sail Free - it’s adult 3rd and 4ths, too.

I like to say it’s my Alabama public education at work. 😂

I wonder if you have three kids and one is a infant if they give you child 2 and 3 for free and charge full price for child 1. Anyone know which children get the discount if you have three?

You posted while I was play booking. I love the thought of saving $2600. It’s like Christmas in September.

I read that this type of savings hasn’t occurred since 2013. I guess since it’s not just Kids Sail Free - it’s adult 3rd and 4ths, too.

I like to say it’s my Alabama public education at work. 😂

It is a huge savings! We are paying close to what we paid for virtually the same sailing/ship in 2011, with a slightly better room category this time. I hope for the sake of the employee who came up with it, it results in significant new bookings for Disney and not just repricing. They must have seen something really troubling in their projected bookings. Either that, or decided it was time to create more buzz around the cruise line now that the Wish's publicity is slowing and they are trying to get things back to normal. I hope it works.

Update: After 5.5 hours of Disney hold music, I was finally successful. I talked to a fantastic agent who was able to make the switch to the existing reservations, and the savings was indeed $2,600! I am so glad you told me to book the dummy cruise, because I would have had to deal with canceling a real booking now and waiting to get my deposit back. That worked out really well and took the stress out of waiting the last hour or so. Thanks!

Last edited:

I am dying so much looking at these prices knowing the sailing I want for my kids spring break is unavailable.

Carry on everyone. Just had to vent a second.

*sigh*
I don't blame you. We were very lucky that our children are in college, and their spring break happened to line up with one of the promotions. Had we still been on their high-school schedule, this would not have worked. It feels odd to have Disney just give us money back given how much they have fleeced us for recently. I keep thinking it sounds too good to be true.

I don't blame you. We were very lucky that our children are in college, and their spring break happened to line up with one of the promotions. Had we still been on their high-school schedule, this would not have worked. It feels odd to have Disney just give us money back given how much they have fleeced us for recently. I keep thinking it sounds too good to be true.
I know… I would just pull them out of school but my husband is in the “no missing school” camp. Alas.

I know… I would just pull them out of school but my husband is in the “no missing school” camp. Alas.
Bummer! I can see both sides of the argument, but he must be very committed to the principle for thousands of dollars in savings!

We found it harder to pull ours out the older they got, until senior year. That year seemed easy again.

Doesn't work for us because frankly not wanting to fly cross country again in a few months. Hopefully Disney will do this again and include the Wonder.

Congrats to everyone able to book!!!! We do online check in for our cruise tomorrow night and I am just hoping they don't decide to maintenance again to fix the glitches for this promotion when we are trying to check in. They did maintenance the night the of the Wish MV check in and it was a nightmare!!!

Carry on....

MJ

Been kicked off website numerous times, waiting room and regular booking page. One issue is that the name the Disney+ account is under is not the full legal name required to sail. When I try to modify that it won't allow any changes (or even typing for that matter). No issue with adding other passengers, just trying to modify the name of the main passenger and Disney+ subscriber. Starting calling as well this morning right at 8, finally got on hold and still on hold 3 hours and 15 minutes later. Thankful for speakerphones, but I now have most of the Disney hold music loop selections memorized....
Were you able to correct the name for the main passenger? I have the same issue. I have a booking, but was unable to modify the main person's name to match government ID, i.e., unable to add middle name. But I was able to add middle names to the other 3 passengers.

And if you were able to correct it, what did you have to do?

I'm feeling disappointed and frustrated, but trying not to be. We have a cruise booked, and even though I normally book everything myself I went through a travel agent to get the onboard credit. I emailed them today to try and change and they told me they have had problems getting through all day. When I first looked, my cruise and room type was available as I could have booked it, but now when I look it is not showing up under the disney+ offers. I don't blame my TA, but I really wish I had just been able to go in and modify on my own (even if that meant calling) rather than leaving it to them when they have all their other work to do and Disney has made it impossible for them to get it done in a timely manner. This is a savings of over $1600 so it's a big deal.

I booked this for April. 4 guests one stateroom oceanview. The full fare for 2 is 1,284.00 guest 3 & 4 are $716. Fine print says "Excludes taxes, fees and port expenses of approximately $89–$202 per person depending on the itinerary selected (all amounts subject to change)." but I'm still not sure how we got from "free" to $716...

I booked this for April. 4 guests one stateroom oceanview. The full fare for 2 is 1,284.00 guest 3 & 4 are $716. Fine print says "Excludes taxes, fees and port expenses of approximately $89–$202 per person depending on the itinerary selected (all amounts subject to change)." but I'm still not sure how we got from "free" to $716...
Pretty sure you just did not book with the promotion. Not all rooms are included.

It is a huge savings! We are paying close to what we paid for virtually the same sailing/ship in 2011, with a slightly better room category this time. I hope for the sake of the employee who came up with it, it results in significant new bookings for Disney and not just repricing. They must have seen something really troubling in their projected bookings. Either that, or decided it was time to create more buzz around the cruise line now that the Wish's publicity is slowing and they are trying to get things back to normal. I hope it works.

Update: After 5.5 hours of Disney hold music, I was finally successful. I talked to a fantastic agent who was able to make the switch to the existing reservations, and the savings was indeed $2,600! I am so glad you told me to book the dummy cruise, because I would have had to deal with canceling a real booking now and waiting to get my deposit back. That worked out really well and took the stress out of waiting the last hour or so. Thanks!
My guess is that everyone is booking the Wish since it is new and has so many sailings. With it already being a slower time of year, Disney is probably trying to fill up some of the older ships. We moved our summer vacation on the Magic to April on the Dream. It's now a longer sailing and we saved almost $2k.

This is our first cruise. So excited!

Pretty sure you just did not book with the promotion. Not all rooms are included.
I thought I was in the right spot b/c I went in thru the link for the disney+ discount each time. I say each time b/c I ended up in the waiting room queue 3 different times. I would add in all my guest info and hit the button to go to payment and get booted back to the dwarves... plus I was multi-tasking.. very frustrating. Just tried to call. Instead of the busy signal I got all day I got we're sorry ... we're not here see ya mssg :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter