Disney Offering New Discount on Wishes Weddings

lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
***NOTE: I've edited the title and first post of this thread to reflect newer information about this option, which is NOT a separate type of wedding or a package. It is simply a discount on Wishes Collection food and beverage minimums and enhancement minimums that is available on certain days of the week. ***

Disney has introduced a new discount on the Wishes Collection with an overall minimum expenditure starting at $8,500! To get the discount you must...

• Hold the event Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
  • Have a 10am or 12pm ceremony (9am for Epcot) paired with brunch or lunch
  • Have a 3-hour reception instead of the traditional 4-hour reception

What you get is a $100/person (brunch) or $125/person (lunch) food and beverage minimum and only a $3,000 enhancement minimum.

You can see all the details if you scroll down to "Catered Event Experience" here: https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/pricing/wishes/

Last edited:
Ugh!! This would have saved us a few $$. We had a mid week brunch with 33 guests. Since when does Disney reduce prices??

This is amazing news! As someone who can't get the numbers down for the Escape package this is just perfect for me!

Ugh!! This would have saved us a few $$. We had a mid week brunch with 33 guests. Since when does Disney reduce prices??

This is a lot like the specials they offered during the recession - if you were willing to book within a shorter window or take a less desirable time, you could do Wishes for cheaper. They just haven't offered anything like this in several years.

Nm3frNoy.jpeg

Will this be a limited-time deal?

With Wishes, *everything* is a limited-time deal. Escape pricing is guaranteed through the end of the calendar year, but Wishes pricing can change at any time. Hopefully this will be popular enough that it sticks around a while!

It looks great for those that want more than the escape package, but can't stretch the funds to a five hour full wishes reception! I'm guessing that disney realised how many potential wishes brides they lost with the new pricing scheme, and have acted accordingly. Shame it's no good for us, we're extending our wishes ceremony! Lol!

Nm3frNoy.jpeg

Will this be a limited-time deal?

LOL @ the picture! I have spoke with several people with DFTW about this new package, on going for a few months now and everyone has said it's here to stay for at the least a few years they expect if not for good. We can't book our date for some time still but when we were told about this new offer coming I of course was very worried we wouldn't be able to snag it because we can't book for awhile still as I said but they have continue to re-assure myself and fiancé that it is not going anywhere anytime soon :) lets hope that's true, I think this is a wonderful idea because so many brides need that inbetween offering that has always been missing that would now be this!

I feel like we would all benefit from this package going by a separate name (Dreams, Magic, Fantasy, Believe, etc). I can foresee some confusion from brides/grooms/parents who are less knowledgeable about DFTW than many of us here, seeing as it's a whole different set of rules and pricing than Wishes.

Apparently they are working on getting it a name, but as it has been described so far, it's really NOT a whole different set of rules. It works exactly like a regular Wishes event, except that you have lower minimums if you pick certain days of the week and certain times, and the reception is 1 hour shorter. That's it. In the past when they've done special offers, they've just added a line to the list of minimums with the new, lower minimums and specified when they apply. I feel like making this a whole separate collection is going to create so much redundancy for them because so much is the same - only pricing is different.

Well, I have a consultant assigned to me now, I may just ask her about this. I maybe able to get my numbers up to 20 if I can seriously persuade my sister in coming.
And if I can, it actually maybe cheaper for us.

Thanks Carrie!! (Are you going to post this on your Wedding Podcast??)

Lol this would have been amazing!!! Oh well! We'll still have a loverly day

I talked to my consultant yesterday, she sent me the ppwk for the new "4 hour Wishes" package. It really is the same as the current or original Wishes package that is being offered, except,
it's a shorter reception time (my planner said it's not really set up for a DJ/dancing etc), you are limited to Tues- Thurs for Brunch or Lunch time and it's cheaper then the original Wishes.
Unlike the Escape where you are pretty much limited to cake & champagne, and what the limits are with that, this new package gives you more options for your bouquet, cake decor, venues etc.

I can hopefully get the 20 guests minimum, but my planner did say that if I end up with 18 I could just pay for the extra 2 to meet the minimum. Which is good to know.
So now I'm struggling to see if all of this will be in our budget. I still want to do the dessert party, but that's extra to the packages. So I don't quite know what I'm doing yet.

I'm anxiously awaiting for Wed to listen to Carries podcast to see what she has to say. :cutie:

Can someone tell me where I can get more detailed info , I'm a little confused........as a potential escape bride , this sounds a lil more like my needs. Please help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter