Disney official .... Soarin'

This makes me so mad. We fly in early the 4th and are going to Epcot. Now I'm missing Osborne Lights and Soarin by 1 day and I've never done either. I was seriously hoping this was a rumor:sad:

The Frozen ride at Norway would be a great way to get some of those people, but I have no idea when that is projected to open. I know it may not be a headliner ride, but I can only assume that loads of people are going to swarm that ride when it does finally open.

Approx time, not Disney official, is May. The original plan was close one around when other opening but Soarin' is on schedule and Frozen ended up being behind schedule. It would be better to have both open for most summer if possible.

I'm also looking forward to the refurbish, which is sorely needed, but I have to ask...6 months...can someone enlighten me as to why? I thought they were adding a third theater and a new movie. Surprised it takes that long.

Because it's more than a refurb. The queue lines are going to be completely rebuilt. There will need to be access to new theater with it's own lines as the plan is to designate theaters FP+ and Standby, no mixing like they do now. There is no way to restructure them without impacting the current ones. The play area will be involved and the front entrance area changed. The old theaters will be getting renovations to upgrade them to be the same as the new one.

I'm glad I"m not going until 2017. Seems like some of my favs will be down. I know it can happen to other favs, but my wife is definitely looking forward to Soarin and BTMRR and I can't imagine those being closed. She's not much for thrill rides and those are about as far as she'd go.

I'm glad to hear that the film will be new. I've always wondered why Disney just used the California film when opening the Epcot ride, instead of making a new one. Soarin' Over California (in Orlando)???

Are we sure it's going down for the new movie? I'm hearing that it's just a refurb (which is ridiculous is true).

Are we sure it's going down for the new movie? I'm hearing that it's just a refurb (which is ridiculous is true).

Rumor was also that Soarin' would only close a few days to add the theater and now we are talking 6 months. Refurb ... they are getting new screens, new digital projection equipment, the new theater, all new queue lines because the theaters are supposed to be designated FP+ or Standby, and in August Disney said this about the film ....

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-to-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-resorts/

Unless there has been a major change of plans, I would expect the new movie.

Anyone think that Summer 2016 may mean by Memorial Day weekend, or is that wishful thinking?

Anyone think that Summer 2016 may mean by Memorial Day weekend, or is that wishful thinking?

I wouldn't count on it, but it could. Disney uses the term "summer" loosely. They classify Star Wars Weekends as happening in "summer", and those run from mid-May-mid-June, which is technically entirely in spring.

I am hoping that Soarin' will be back online by our trip in June, but will not get my hopes up until more info starts to come out.

I remember scheduling a trip in early 2014 in hopes of riding SDMT. Then they pushed back opening to early Spring. We scheduled next trip for late May. The "early spring" equated to May 28.

The "late 2015" opening of the poly pool has also been pushed out. A little frustrating when planning. I'm just going to start adding a year onto a Disney estimate of completion.

So they're closing two of the best family rides in the parks at the same time? Why not close tsmm and make the trifecta complete? Urg.

Of course the Soarin refurb is starting the day we arrive. Oh well! Happy it's getting a refresh.

My big question is how this will affect the Test Track FP+ availability when our window opens in a couple weeks & the Test Track standby line. I'm guessing it won't be good :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter