Disney Officially Cancels Lake Nona, FL Relocation Project

Many of us were offered a job AND relocation costs. People with children got a jump on the move by selling their home, buying a new one and preparing their kids for the school year in their new town. At the time there was no reason to suspect the entire project would be canceled.
Will you, or any others, move back to California?

It would be exhausting for me to worry about who’s for what and who’s against that to dictate where I’d travel or what I buy. I go wherever I enjoy myself and leave the political BS behind.

I mean I could support Disney on this versus the Governor or vice versa and if I enjoy going to Disney or anyplace else in Florida then I’m going no matter what’s going on in the political spectrum.

I hear you....it is exhausting, and I'm trying to do less of it. The reality is...at 55 I've got another 30-ish years left and I'd like to enjoy them. We just enjoyed a great trip to Hawaii where we both totally unplugged from the news....and it was amazing. We didn't even know that Hawaiian Airlines had a major outage the day before that would affect our flight on our departure day until the guy who checked us out told us. We didn't unplug from emails or notifications from the airlines we were flying, but that wasn't an issue for us with Hawaiian Airlines.....because they don't send them anyway....lol! In the end we made our connection....so all was well, or not, as I would have preferred another two weeks in Hawaii :).

I don't have any reason to go to Florida right now....nothing is enticing me to head there. As for being mad at Elon for dropping the price of my car by 20K a month after we leased it (thus affecting my payment by almost $250 a month)....that still smarts ;). Still...I thank Mr. Musk for introducing us to the idea of owning an electric vehicle (I'll never own an ICE car again)....and, might even get another Tesla when this lease is up, but I like the idea that my new charger gives us options. I did have to block him on twitter though....my twitter feed these days is almost exclusively dog and animal rescue/rehab.

The upcoming big event next year around that word we can't discuss here is shaping up to be uglier than even I thought possible. And I won't be playing along this time by following too closely......life is too short.

I hear you....it is exhausting, and I'm trying to do less of it. The reality is...at 55 I've got another 30-ish years left and I'd like to enjoy them. We just enjoyed a great trip to Hawaii where we both totally unplugged from the news....and it was amazing. We didn't even know that Hawaiian Airlines had a major outage the day before that would affect our flight on our departure day until the guy who checked us out told us. We didn't unplug from emails or notifications from the airlines we were flying, but that wasn't an issue for us with Hawaiian Airlines.....because they don't send them anyway....lol! In the end we made our connection....so all was well, or not, as I would have preferred another two weeks in Hawaii :).

I don't have any reason to go to Florida right now....nothing is enticing me to head there. As for being mad at Elon for dropping the price of my car by 20K a month after we leased it (thus affecting my payment by almost $250 a month)....that still smarts ;). Still...I thank Mr. Musk for introducing us to the idea of owning an electric vehicle (I'll never own an ICE car again)....and, might even get another Tesla when this lease is up, but I like the idea that my new charger gives us options. I did have to block him on twitter though....my twitter feed these days is almost exclusively dog and animal rescue/rehab.

The upcoming big event next year around that word we can't discuss here is shaping up to be uglier than even I thought possible. And I won't be playing along this time by following too closely......life is too short.
How do you know you have 30ish years left?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter