Disney on Broadway

PrincessDeb

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip to see a Disney Broadway show with my family hopefully sometime this spring. I have seen discounted tickets for "Beauty and the Beast", so I was thinking about this show. What I would really like to see is "The Lion King" but there are five of us and I just can't see spending $100 apiece to see this. There are also "nosebleed" tickets for $55 and $35 apiece so here's my question-is this show worth seeing in nosebleed seats? This show seems to be sold out way in advance still so I'd have to buy tickets for the summer. For $55 apiece we could sit in the front of the mezzanine and see "Beauty and the Beast" in 3 weeks. I'm just trying to weigh my options. Anyone who has seen these shows please help me make up my mind!!! Thanks!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I saw Lion King from the first row of the first Mezz and it was great! I actually preferred those seats to the "floor seats" I got a year later.

You may want to check, though, and see if Lion King will be coming to a theater near you, as it's currently on tour. Those will be cheaper seats, certainly, and the touring version of the show is really quite wonderful in its own right.

As for Beauty & the Beast, the touring version has been scaled down considerably, and the Broadway version is really the one to see. Given the choice, I'd go for B&B and try to catch Lion King on tour.

:earsboy:

thanks so much for your help! We were going to see Beauty and the Beast in Philadelphia when it came around last year until I figured out that the tickets were just as much to see it there as they were in NYC! Since NY is a quick bus ride for us, this made it a no brainer. I'll gladly pay for the bus ticket to see the NY cast. Good advice with the Lion King-I'll check on that one. I love mezz tickets, too! :D :)

I have seen all 3 shows on Broadway...... and I am repeating Lion King in April.

My favorite was Lion King, with Aida almost a tie for first. B&B was a distant 3rd........

So for some of you coming to NY, don't discount Aida. Young kids would prefer the other 2, as they already know the story and could follow it with ease, of course.

I would check on the tour cast and the B'way cast with Beauty and the Beast. Don't discount the tour at all. Sometimes the tour quality is better than that on B'way. Casting isn't all done based on talent. There's a lot of politics involved.

I haven't seen the Lion King from the mezz or the balcony, but I'd like to. There's so much to see, that if you're on the floor, you miss a lot of it.

Aida is my favorite of the Disney shows. I would say Beauty and the Beast is my second favorite. Lion King is my distant third. It's a gorgeous show, and amazing to watch, but the book is really weak, and I find it somewhat boring. I know i'm probably in the minority.

So to answer your question, Lion King is worth seeing once, and yes, definitely worth it in the nosebleeds.

Originally posted by caborst
My family has seen both shows and we all preferred Beauty & the Beast

My family totally agrees. We even went back for a second time to see Beauty & the Beast!

We have seen B&B twice on tour and absolutely loved it! and that includes my kids who are 8, 5 and 3

Haven't seen Aida or Lion King yet (Aida comes through this Spring and Lion King next year)

Just saw the touring version of Aida about three weeks ago. The talent in the touring company is mind boggling! The voices of the three leads were absolutely stunning. I can't say enough good things about the current touring cast of Aida. I don't know if there is more than one company currently touring. I saw the one with Saycon Sengbloh as Aida, Lisa Brescia as Amneris, and Jeremy Kushnier as Radames. Kushnier was the original "Ren" in Footloose on Broadway. I've got tickets to see Beauty and the Beast March 9. Hope it is as impressive!

Suz, nope! That's still the only road company around.

Jeremy Kushnier was doing it when it came to Buffalo, but Amneris was played by Kelly Fournier, and Aida was played by Paulette Ivory who was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the touring B&B in Boston's colonial theater whhere the nose bleeds are only $25 and I thought it was money well spent, great production. But $50, I think that is too much for nose bleeds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter