Disney on Halloween

disneyfriends

Earning My Ears
In a family discussion about going to WDW, my kids suggested they would like to go for Halloween. Can you give me any info on this time of year. I know they have a party of some sort. Is this actually on Halloween? How crowded are the parks (especially MK)? What is the weather like and more specifically, is it warm enough for the water parks?

We were in Disney for Halloween 2000 and it was great. We did attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (you must buy additional tickets to attend) IMHO it was awesome and well worth the money. The Mk is decorated for Halloween, Haunted Mansion music is piped in throughout the park, there is trick or treating , there is a special parade that includes lots of villans, there were DJ's set up and lots of characters everywhere. MK wasn't that crowded and the weather was nice. My family will probably be in WDW again this year 2002 for Halloween again. Now we just need to decide what we will go as.

The party is offered a few times on different days usually the week before and the week of Halloween and tickets go fast. As for the water parks you should be able to go swimming with no problems, of course I live in FL and know that a few Halloween's ago it got pretty chilly , but during the day you should be fine.

We went to Mickeys Halloween Not So Scary in 2001 and found it to be fantastic. They are additional tickets and are available from the middle of October to the end of October (Halloween).

The atmosphere is tremendous.

We went to Mickeys Halloween Not So Scary in 2001 and found it to be fantastic. They are additional tickets and are available from the middle of October to the end of October (Halloween).

The atmosphere is tremendous.

We normally travel in February and it's never seems to be warm enough to swim and relax in the sun. Mornings and evenings get cooler.

We were at WDW this past October. Wonderful weather until the last days as a cold front had moved in and the mornings were chilly. (Late October.) We swam just about everyday and it was truly a highlight. I wish the kids' school still had a Fall break. It's getting too hard on DD to be out of school. Because of this our trips will now be when the children will miss the least number of days in school.

The weather was a trade off with slightly higher crowds.

We had a blast at "Mickey's Party" as my children call it, (DD11, DS5, DS3). If you tell them Mickey is having a party, they want to be there. We attended on the first night of parties and it didn't seem too crowded; I've heard 10/31 party can be very crowded.

The Food and Wine festival was an enjoyable experience. We did the Grand Tastings dinner and really enjoyed it. There seemed to be more to enjoy in October than when we travel in February.

Our next "holiday" trip will be for Christmas sometime, so that we can do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Like I said, any Mickey Party is good for our family! LOL! Although I know we would love to spend every Halloween with Mickey. (I think we might have to move within driving range of WDW. LOL!)

I'm sure you will enjoy your trip no matter when you go. Mickey is always the best!

Lori

6/1997 Off site, 2/2000 Off site, 2/2001 Poly, 10/2001 POFQ, AKL & Magic, 1/2002 ASMo & AKL

we have gone twice for Halloween.. It's a great time to go.
We live in Nebraska, so halloween is normally really cold, and you have to wear layers over your costume.
The first year we went we went to Mickey Not So Scary Halloween Party ( MNSSHP), on halloween night.
The kids had a blast.. They got so much candy, we didn't know what to do with it all.

The weather is great during this time... Not too hot, and not to cold. The crowds seemed to be different both times we wetn.. The first year we stayed longer into November, and there was hardly anyone there.. The last time we went, we went the right before halloween, and the crowds were thicker.. ( does this make sense?)

What are the crowds like after Halloween? We'll be there 10/31 - 11/3 and I'm wondering what it will be like from 11/1 - 11/3. Maybe we should wait until the following weekend. Or maybe we should do the Halloween party, the kids and DH would love it even though it's not my thing.

WE were at WDW this past October and loved it. The NSSHP is a definite, extra cost worth every penny.

Trick or treating for the kids is great. Weather is usually good, we hit a rainy night - oh well, cannot win them all.

I say go and enjoy it - I love Disney for Halloween

:jester: <-my costume idea

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter