• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney or RCI for Teens

4newtocruise

Minnie, R.N.
I only have experience with Disney but does anyone have any information on RCI with teens? I have a 16 and 14 year old. Was thinking of Harmony next summer. Thanks.

Last edited:
We also have only sailed DCL in the past but now that our son is 16 we wanted to try something different so we booked the Allure for this summer. DCL is amazing but our son has outgrown the things to do on the boat. (Sadly, he never liked going to the clubs.) The Flowriders, Rock walls, Zip lines are just a few of the things that he is looking forward to. I hope he will try one of the clubs on the Allure but if not, there is still plenty for him to do.

We also have only sailed DCL in the past but now that our son is 16 we wanted to try something different so we booked the Allure for this summer. DCL is amazing but our son has outgrown the things to do on the boat. (Sadly, he never liked going to the clubs.) The Flowriders, Rock walls, Zip lines are just a few of the things that he is looking forward to. I hope he will try one of the clubs on the Allure but if not, there is still plenty for him to do.

So you think RCI is more geared to teens?

I think that there are more physical activities for the teen boys groups for sure.. So many things that are more exciting for the teen age to do. I am more than willing to try it out to give my son some new experiences that he would not get on DCL.. With that said, when he was younger, I loved DCL for everything that it offered the young kids. The older that he got, I realized that he preferred things that were more of a thrill.. Besides the Aqua Duck, DCL does not offer anything like what RC does.. And to add to that, on our last cruise on the Disney Fantasy last summer, the Aqua Duck was shut down so often that we only had the chance to ride it one night.

We've only cruised once, and it was with DCL. All of us agree that the favorite part of the cruise was dinner because of our servers. My 13yo son was bored. He didn't care for a lot of the activities that DCL offers, and he didn't like the clubs. My 12yo daughter thought the clubs were ok, but she wasn't begging to go. We are looking at trying Harmony next summer. We can save about $2500 and have a lot more thrilling activities to do. I figure it's worth a try. I have to say, even I'm looking forward to the zip line, lol

I would totally go with Harmony. It has waterslides as does Disney. It also has a big non-waterslide. And you have the Flowrider, huge rock walls, etc.

DS was 14 when we went on RC Allure.... He loved it--- best vacation ever according to him

I have a differing opinion...I have done 3 Disney cruises, one when my twins were 13, one at 15 and one at 17. They had a blast. The one at age 17 was on the Fantasy and there were 400 teens on that cruise. I hardly saw them lol

I have a differing opinion...I have done 3 Disney cruises, one when my twins were 13, one at 15 and one at 17. They had a blast. The one at age 17 was on the Fantasy and there were 400 teens on that cruise. I hardly saw them lol
Was there something specific that they didn't like about RCI?

Was there something specific that they didn't like about RCI?
I expect they've never been on RCL. Our two grandsons both loved Disney when they were 7-8 years old, but after that, not so much. The first time we took them on RCL (Freedom of the Seas) they were 11-12, and now they both say they really don't want to sail Disney again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter