Disney outlet at Vineland new parking fee

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
sad to read that the outlets on Vineland started charging parking last week. The Gargage is charging $10 to park now. Folks say there are still a few spots in the back parking lot that are still free, but impossible to get.

Argh, is this the premium outlet mall? what about all the ground parking surrounding the mall too?

According to some first hand post, most of the outside parking has been converted to valet. Folks are reporting there are very few free sections left. Said most people were caught off guard and many were parking across the street (McDonald’s, Publix, etc).

I can't see how this will help them. Malls in general struggle these days, and even the ones that technically don't are still way off the sales they used to get back in the 1980s and 90s. Charging $10 for the privilege of coming in seems like a horribly shortsighted idea, IMHO. As always, time will tell.

Says in that link there are still 1500 complimentary spaces.

Whilst I’m not really for this, the last few times I’ve been there I’ve struggled to get a space let alone get into the parking areas. Possibly bad timing however.

We had a hard time finding a spot to park there when it was all free. I am pretty sure the free spots will be grabbed up by employees. I will not pay to park to shop. We have premium outlets near where I live, there are no shops at that outlet mall I can't get here. Including the Disney store there.

Well, many are saying they had a horrible time trying to find parking before they started charging...that is probably WHY they started charging. That whole supply and demand thing. There is one mall in San Antonio that charges for parking. It is in the downtown tourist area, on the riverwalk and the mall is always busy.

We just came back from our spring break vacation we visited Premium Outlets from VA to SC, all had free parking. I don't think this is a smart move on the Orlando's location part. Most tourists can visit a outlet mall near them or on the way to Orlando and get free parking.

Wondering if the premium outlet mall on international drive will be the same, it’s simon that’s runs that one too?

Wow! I go several times when I'm visiting WDW. I always go when they open in the morning--except when I stop by after arriving at MCO, early afternoon. Which is usually in December, and they are usually mobbed.
I always park in the front, near the entrance to the food court. I go exclusively to the Disney store. Over the years, the parking has gotten more and more limited, and farther and farther away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter