Disney outlet shop? Is it any good?

sadiebug

Mouseketeer
I read somewhere that there is a Disney outlet shop located approximately 3 miles from DL. Has anyone shopped there and is it any good?

I've been to the Disney outlet shops at the Belz mall in Orlando and they were awesome! Just trying to figure out if I should include a stop at the store in Anaheim in my itinerary....

The Disney Outlet is very similar to the ones in Orlando. Which is to say sometimes they have stuff you'd want & sometimes they don't. If you're a bargin hunter, it's defenitely worth the trip (sometimes they have stuff that's still in the parks, only at an almost reasonable price).

Sarangel said:
The Disney Outlet is very similar to the ones in Orlando. Which is to say sometimes they have stuff you'd want & sometimes they don't. If you're a bargin hunter, it's defenitely worth the trip (sometimes they have stuff that's still in the parks, only at an almost reasonable price).

where is it located ????

We went there in Dec. I thought it was okay. It all depends on whether or not they have what you want. They had a pretty good selection and it was nice and large. It didn't feel crowded. Debby

The Character Warehouse Outlet is in Fullerton.
Web site
http://www.ams-liquidation.com/index.htm

Harbor and Orangethorpe are the closest cross streets, we took the city bus ($1.25 one way) from HoJo's last spring- took about 25 minutes.

Bus info:
Bus info:
Starting at DISNEYLAND
Ride ORANGE COUNTY BUS 43 (FULLERTON TRANSP CENTER VIA BREA BLVD) heading north
To: HARBOR BLVD/ORANGEFAIR AV(SE corner)
Pay $1.25
Ending at 243 ORANGEFAIR AV
Total cash fare = $1.25
Trip distance is about 3.43 miles
From http://www.metro.net/ using the metro trip planner

Right across the steet is an In and Out burgers- yum!

We go every time we are at DL...however, we also go to Belz in FL when down there.

That said, the one in CA is nice in that it is never crowded and has plenty of floor space. Belz is great b/c you have lots of inventory choices.

The one thing we have consistently found at the CA store: the night-time light ups (usually buy 1 get more free) and t-shirts for everyone.

Have in the past found: LE watches, Xmas ornaments, beanies, pins, luggage.

Have never seen at CA (at least not like at Belz in FL): costumes/dress-up, resort-wear, housewares.

CA one is really easy to get to: Go straight up Harbor from the park about 3 miles and it will be in a shopping center on your right (main store in center is BurlingtonCoatFactory).

ENJOY! :flower:

challada said:
We go every time we are at DL...however, we also go to Belz in FL when down there.

That said, the one in CA is nice in that it is never crowded and has plenty of floor space. Belz is great b/c you have lots of inventory choices.

The one thing we have consistently found at the CA store: the night-time light ups (usually buy 1 get more free) and t-shirts for everyone.

Have in the past found: LE watches, Xmas ornaments, beanies, pins, luggage.

Have never seen at CA (at least not like at Belz in FL): costumes/dress-up, resort-wear, housewares.

CA one is really easy to get to: Go straight up Harbor from the park about 3 miles and it will be in a shopping center on your right (main store in center is BurlingtonCoatFactory).

ENJOY! :flower:

I assume 'straight up Harbor' means go north on Harbor ?? :earsboy:

RalphMouth said:
I assume 'straight up Harbor' means go north on Harbor ?? :earsboy:

Yes, go straight North on Harbor, thru Anaheim...you will pass an LA highway (90something) and then the strip shopping center is on your right. The outlet is in the back corner of the shopping square from the Harbor side...enter the shopping center, turn to the Left toward the Tony Romas, turn R toward the Ballys and it's in the corner of the main shopping center square.

Depending on the time of year you are there, you can find some real treasures! ENJOY! :wave:

That's the one we are talking about...the outlet in CA near DL. It's about 3 miles from the park which is actually closer than the Belz in Fl near WDW. It actually sits on the same street as DL, just 3 miles north.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter